Skip to main content

Episode Australian Survivor (2016) - Episode 26 FINALE Discussion

No, I didn't see that. they all seemed to have fun.
Who didn't like who?
Phoebe/rohan, wtf, they were all over each other and I wondered...but joking around and poking and laughing, you didn't mean them did you? Who don't they like?
connor still seemed a bit out there maybe
And Brooke, what? They all seemed fine, Brooke seemed happy & was having fun

I dont have access to this but Im betting that Brooke looks Gorgeous. My favs always seem to be mixed race women....Brooke (dont know), Tahan (Heinz 57), Brenda Lowe (Asian/Hispanic) from Survivor US...they have that exotic unique quality in their appearance and a strong sense of self confidence.

Reactions: kxk
No, I didn't see that. they all seemed to have fun.
Who didn't like who?
Phoebe/rohan, wtf, they were all over each other and I wondered...but joking around and poking and laughing, you didn't mean them did you? Who don't they like?
connor still seemed a bit out there maybe
And Brooke, what? They all seemed fine, Brooke seemed happy & was having fun

Yes they all had fun, I just picked up some body language and a few comments that hinted to me that they held some grudges. Rohan and Phoebe relating to Phoebe taking his idol and masterminding his demise.
A few comments and looks from from Brooke.
Nothing overt, I just don't feel that they all like each other.

Most shocking event during the last few eps was seeing how dumb it was for Flick to tell El straight to her face that she will be voting her off that night only to completely backfired.

You could actually reason that as jury management, trying to explain to El why she was being voted out rather than blindsiding and annoying her more. Also, Kristie was in on the whole thing as well. Maybe El would have been bitter anyway, though she shouldn't have been. Kristie flipping with her anxieties about the game really caused it to go wrong. If Flick made a mistake it was depending on Kristie, but she was needed for the numbers. Kristie may well have flipped even without that meeting with El.

I thought there were worse moves, Kristie's could have been really bad had she not won that immunity (and it was touch and go). If someone wins people are likely to gloss over mistakes, but it's normal to get as many people who will take you to the final 2 as possible to increase your chances. Lee and El would only take each other I believe.

Last edited:
You could actually reason that as jury management, trying to explain to El why she was being voted out rather than blindsiding and annoying her more. Also, Kristie was in on the whole thing as well.

AHH yeah I agree. She wanted to be on El's good side far too much though I reckon. I know it's easy to say in hindsight, but I still think it's a risky strategy telling El though. Surely she wouldnt expect El just to say yep, thank you, and get voted off at night without a fight and scrambling with Lee. It's painful to see it horribly backfired though. Not only wasn't El 'thankful' that she gave her the 'heads up', El manage to completely turn it around making her to be the bad one; snitch and flip-floper and ostracised her from the group!

Ultimately Kristie screwed her over which in part was due to get creepy relationship with Lee. I would rather see a final 3 of matt flick and kristie and see the back of Lee and El out of the door asap.

Have to say kristie was very lucky to win the final challenge. Can't imagine what I'll do to my TV had it'll been any other challenges and Lee or El manage to win the final immunity.

Last edited:
Oh btw , as much as I hate you say it, out of 3 left , I do think Lee deserve to win it more out of the 3 . Just simply based on the number of challenges he won for himselves and the tribes early on , his constant emotional manipulation of Kristie to keep her as a vote and in check and his use of moral high ground to ostracised strategic players out of the core alliance (which you can say is a strategy itself ). If he had admit to doing these things in the final tribal , I would've acknowledge his game play but noooooo he's personality is completely perfect.

El just ride Lee (and everyone else) coattails and gets further just simply for being a 'cool' chick who like to use the word 'man' at the end of every sentence. Can't recall her comming up with her own game play. Kristie to some extent also ride Lee coattails towards the end but at least she have shown to have some thought process. Kudos to her for catching onto Phoebe's plan and getting rid of my favourite player.

Having said that I'm glad Lee didn't win simply because of the heroic, integrity, family loving man bull poop facade he constantly puts on to the contestants and camera. Really irks me that the truly believe he is above everyone with his moral high ground which in turns just reeks arrogance and ignorance.

He manipulates, back stabs and was just as cruel as everyone else. If only he had admitted to these things, then I would be completely fine with him winning. It's a game after all. But you can't have your cake and eat it too!

Apology for the recent wall of text, but I've only just catch up on the final few episode yesterday so I wanted to share my thoughts since I'm such a huge survivor fan lol. So glad we now have an Australian version.

Also final challenges are normally more than simply another endurance challenge aren't they? That's what I'm used to in the US one. So if they had followed that and had them having to scramble about quickly over obstacles to collect things or throw stuff or solve a puzzle Kristie may have been even more up against it (like she was in the penultimate challenge where she was last).

Also final challenges are normally more than simply another endurance challenge aren't they? That's what I'm used to in the US one. So if they had followed that and had them having to scramble about quickly over obstacles to collect things or throw stuff or solve a puzzle Kristie may have been even more up against it (like she was in the penultimate challenge where she was last).

Final challenges in the US series are generally of a very simple nature. Not always, but mostly. The standout ones for me have involved standing on a pole, or balancing a stack of coins - where endurance and stamina and determination count for more than swift running or brute strength, or yet another puzzle.

Have to say kristie was very lucky to win the final challenge.

She took up yoga in preparation for going on Survivor, I read somewhere. People seem to think yoga is just about being flexible? It's made me very strong in surprising ways, and I am lame at it! You could see her using her balance skills to hold very extreme opposing positions to stretch the muscles out, while Lee was basically stuck in the one leaning forward position toughing it out. Both in great pain.

Final challenges in the US series are generally of a very simple nature. Not always, but mostly. The standout ones for me have involved standing on a pole, or balancing a stack of coins - where endurance and stamina and determination count for more than swift running or brute strength, or yet another puzzle.

Just to clarify, when I say Kristie was ' lucky' to win the final challenge, I mean in it in terms of getting a final challenge that at least gave her a fair chance (and not one using speed, brute strength, puzzles etc). In regards to the actual challenge, she totally deserve it for her determination and perseverance and was by no mean 'lucky' to win that challenge at all . Sorry for the confusion haha, didn't mean to take anything from her.

And yeah , I do prefer that the final challenge is a simple one like this that is relatively unbiased and relies on the players determination and willpower and show how much they really want it rather than skill based or strength! I was worried that Australian producer might think otherwise, but Im glad they chose that challenge!

And yeah you're right there's heaps of those of challenges in the US version especially towards the end such as in Cook Island and even the last challenge in the very first season. One that etched into mind was the Palau final 3 challenge where the 3 final contestant have to hand onto a floating log/buoy and they hung there well into the night for almost 12 freekin hours until one of them finally decided to give up. That's determination and willpower for you!

So yeah I'm glad that Australian survivor came up with that type of final challenge, it kind of made up for some of their stupid twists in the beginning.

Last edited:
Nearly all individual immunities tend to be the same kind of balancing endurance, that's why I often find reward challenges more interesting as they have more variety.

Back