Skip to main content

Episode Australian Survivor (2016) - Episode 25 Discussion

She would have been better off, challenge-winning potential wise, to boot out Lee last night - and then it would be the three women on the poles, with her biggest physical competitor gone. (But El has proven stronger in balance and endurance I think and would probably take it out anyway, and she'd be more likely to take Flick than Kristie to the final two.)

Her confessionals sound awkward, rather than scripted, to me.

Still really hoping K wins immunity tonight, and maybe does Lee in! That'd be good. Take El to final tribal council instead of him. He'd be noble about that.

Kristie is no mastermind, don't believe her confessionals (which still sound scripted to me).
I think she's just an awkward person, and when they do the confessionals and have a producer asking them questions, then telling them "ok now tell me that again as a statement", she finds it difficult to speak naturally. Nick was also pretty bad at it, which made him come across as a dick.

It all has to appear like they sat down and just explained a bunch of shit eloquently... and not that they're being prodded for answers. Some people are always going to be better at that than others.

Personally I don't think there's any chance of Lee or El taking Kristie to final two. The couple will stick together no matter what, they won't even have thought about jury votes.
Well...there's exactly NO chance. We know its a relationship thats going to exist outside the game. If they take each other one of them is guaranteed to win so there is absolutely no risk they will not end up sharing the profits..ala Boston Rob and Amber in Survivor AllStars who were the final 2 and got married post game.

Kristie talks about strategy but she has none, all she's ever done is go with the majority anyway and hide behind stronger players. That's my opinion no matter what she tries to tell herself.
After the last couple of episodes I've given up even wanting her to have a chance to win.

Boring end to the show really.

Well yeh it may not be literally scripted, though there could be encouragement to go a certain route with these people to give them a particular place in the storyline. It can still sound stiff sometimes like it is though, as she isn't that extrovert and she has to suddenly put on this energy when she speaks as if she is confident.

she isn't that extrovert and she has to suddenly put on this energy when she speaks as if she is confident.
As an introvert I'd have the same problem.

Producer: tell us about your strategy
Me: Um... not sure really, I just hope no-one's going to vote for me
Producer: Oh FFS! (slaps me) ...you've got to do better than that!

I don't think that's what goes down at all. I think she's very delusional about how well she's doing in the game and what she's doing. At least she's watch the show which Lee and El seem not to have, but I think she's as delusional as Andrew.

I don't get this introvert excuse for her she's just a weirdo. She's been on this For what 50+ days now? Has she done anything to make you think she is strategic Rather than simply playing as a pawn for someone else? It's a shame because I'm assuming she could really use the money and so could her family.I really don't get this idea that mateship with someone you've known for a couple of months is more important than yourself or your family obligations.

I give those recruits credit for being able to set the tone of the show. Maybe that's what Australians want? People who aren't going to play?

I don't think the public are getting the end to the series that we wanted. Certainly no one on here seems to be much of a Leeel fan, and no one I've spoken to in real life about it is either. Apart from a few puff pieces in the women's magazines, I doubt the public are pleased.
I've really enjoyed the season, it has been amazing in parts, but the final three is one of the worst ever.

I don't think the public are getting the end to the series that we wanted. Certainly no one on here seems to be much of a Leeel fan, and no one I've spoken to in real life about it is either. Apart from a few puff pieces in the women's magazines, I doubt the public are pleased.
I've really enjoyed the season, it has been amazing in parts, but the final three is one of the worst ever.

Yeah, the reaction on twitter and Reddit are the same. The public are not amused. No Leel fans and people are super frustrated (that's the polite term) with Kristie not making a move.

Also I like to call them Eeel.

My new theory has evolved into - Kristie has a GIANT crush on Lee.
And, El is similar to herself.
So she sees Lee as a possible romantic liaison, if El & he make a pair, Lee can hook me up with his bros or buddy.
Kristie for all of the bullshit about being a lone survivor and lone player, just does what Lee tells her, she is enthralled by him.
What is her private life?
Kristie is in love with Lee and believes anything he tells her

Thanks for posting this. It's just so hard to tell how it's going over there.

PS. I hope some of you apply for next season. I'm looking at you Mr. Sticky fingers.

...bwahahaha!... you funny bugger!... you always crack me up my friend lol!... cheers.

Thanks for posting this. It's just so hard to tell how it's going over there.

PS. I hope some of you apply for next season. I'm looking at you Mr. Sticky fingers.

...a 63 year old fart that has a slight limp after his 2nd stroke taking on the pretty young things and other whipper snappers in the running and racing challenges with everyone screaming at their TV sets "hobble faster Sticky!... hobble faster!"... lol!... yeah!... why not eh?... I'm up for it lol!... bring it on peoples!... today these forums... tomorrow the world!... mauwahahahahaha!... cheers.

Back