Skip to main content

Episode Australian Survivor (2016) - Episode 23 Discussion

Sam might look like an immunity threat, but he's not won a single individual immunity.

That's a good point. They may have felt it was just a matter of time before he did, though.

I still feel like it's not the worst move to have made. Flick and Kristie made an alliance of 3 with Matt - they had no ties with Sam. They still have a numbers advantage if that's what they choose to do. However, Flick and Kristie don't seem to trust each other (with good reason), so it's hard to see how it moves going forward.

Once Lee stood up and announced he was using it, they had fair opportunity to get one of the couple out. That would have been the moment. They were 4-2 then, if they'd stuck with the boys' plan.
I think Flick was worried about Kirstie.

I still feel like it's not the worst move to have made. Flick and Kristie made an alliance of 3 with Matt - they had no ties with Sam. They still have a numbers advantage if that's what they choose to do. However, Flick and Kristie don't seem to trust each other (with good reason), so it's hard to see how it moves going forward.

I don't think Kristie is generally trusted. The stuff she comes out with at tribal still amazes me. This time talking about how being an individual player she will align with one group one week and another the next. Even if that's what you do there's no need to spell it out at tribal council.

Phoebe felt she couldn't really depend on her and that's why she tried to get her out. Kate got Phoebe out instead but that move didn't seem to help her as she soon followed.

Can Lee give his immunity to El?

Lee could have done that but if the other 4 had split between Lee and El it would have been a 2-2 tie. And then on revote, with Lee and Sam not eligible to vote and after the idol had been played, they could target the one without the idol.

Though Lee could have taken one vote away before the vote he would have had to guess the right one. If he was the one without the idol it was probably easy to pick Sam would be voting for him because they seemed to be targeting each other.

If Kristie continues to stick with Lee/El then it's easy to see one of those two winning, I don't think Kristie can.

Last edited:
I don't think Kristie is generally trusted. The stuff she comes out with at tribal still amazes me. This time talking about how being an individual player she will align with one group one week and another the next. Even if that's what you do there's no need to spell it out at tribal council.

Phoebe felt she couldn't really depend on her and that's why she tried to get her out. Kate got Phoebe out instead but that move didn't seem to help her as she soon followed.
Kristie is being shown as a ding bat. I'm not high on her winning. But maybe Australians like her for being an underdog?

Agreed with the players playing a post merge game pre merge. The only way for them to have had a chance was to regroup as a strong tribe and cut the weak players.
They just couldn't see far enough ahead.

Kristie is being shown as a ding bat. I'm not high on her winning. But maybe Australians like her for being an underdog?

I like her for being a humourous, perceptive, self-aware individual, who I think is playing the game rather well despite her limitations of placement, has survived a number of difficult situations by adapting to circumstance and who overall I find intelligent.

Really sick of introverts being viewed as weirdos by the masses. She cops a lot of that. I wouldn't suvive one night in those sleeping conditions, and cooped up without books and my own head in lengthy silence, baths, etc, and the non-stop enforced company of extroverts and some of these dullards, I think I'd pose a high suicide risk after a couple of days. So I applaud Kristie for all manner of reasons, and also just for sticking it out this long.

Only three eps left!

I like her for being a humourous, perceptive, self-aware individual, who I think is playing the game rather well despite her limitations of placement, has survived a number of difficult situations by adapting to circumstance and who overall I find intelligent.

Really sick of introverts being viewed as weirdos by the masses. She cops a lot of that. I wouldn't suvive one night in those sleeping conditions, and cooped up without books and my own head in lengthy silence, baths, etc, and the non-stop enforced company of extroverts and some of these dullards, I think I'd pose a high suicide risk after a couple of days. So I applaud Kristie for all manner of reasons, and also just for sticking it out this long.

Only three eps left!

I like Kirstie but I don't think she looks great on tv. She has survived an amazing number of tribal councils.

Really felt like I missed an episode somewhere this week - the recap seemed to be of things we hadn't actually seen. My last memory of the previous episode was them leaving Tribal after the reward challenge, and all of a sudden we were flashing back to alliances being formed at the reward spa.

Flick and Kristie fucked up totally.
Well Kristie arguably fucked up, but Flick was probably wise to remain loyal to El and Lee once she knew Kristie wasn't going to vote El out, although if Matt wins immunity and Kristie remains loyal to El and Lee she's screwed next time.

Kristie really was in a tough position as whether she went with El and Lee or Matt, Flick and Sam she would still be at the bottom. She still has another chance to tackle Lee and El with Matt and Flick if she wants to, but either way she's not a target at all at the next tribal council and should easily make final 4, if not final 3 - then it's all about your own performance.

As much as at the moment getting rid of El and Lee seems the smart move I do love the idea of an all Aganoa final 3 considering how they were decimated back in the early stages of the season about 60 episodes ago.

In Sam's jury villa, when him, Nick and JL are talking at the table outside near the end, there is another guy sunbaking in the background. Does this indicate that either Lee or Matt go next? The guy looks like he has light hair so could be Lee.

Really felt like I missed an episode somewhere this week - the recap seemed to be of things we hadn't actually seen. My last memory of the previous episode was them leaving Tribal after the reward challenge, and all of a sudden we were flashing back to alliances being formed at the reward spa.
Yes it was a bit like that. I was like "Previously? That hasn't happened yet!"

I don't mind at all whether someone is introverted and different, that often makes me like them more. The main problem for me has been the continual 'I am a mastermind' confessionals, though I don't think the last episode had one.

Kristie hasn't been a mastermind, she's been informed how to vote by others according to their own plans. She's still going on about how independent a player she is but the last episode made her look like she was guided by Lee. I think she's mixing up being a swing vote with being a great gameplayer. She's been a number for people, but also one that can be discarded when no longer useful. And someone being taken to the end based on being bad in challenges and with no chance to win is somehow underwhelming.

By facilitating I assume you mean saying "uh yep" and then "I'm so stressed!"

Then being totally unreliable and voting entirely at random/by whatever anyone says at any time

He he he he he
Oi! No Kristie bashing. She is our spirit animal. :cat:

Oi! No Kristie bashing. She is our spirit animal. :cat:
Not me.
I would take Phoebe or Flick any day.
There is nothing I identify with about Kristie, though I truly admire the tough road she has had to walk in this game. Has she been to every tribal council? So she gets all the credit from me.

Just don't identify with her at all.

Back