Skip to main content

Episode Australian Survivor (2016) - Episode 23 Discussion

Bad on the show for not hinting Sam.

We were shown Lee and El telling Flick that Sam was a target for them I think. It sounded like they were splitting votes with Matt, but obviously once they realised El was a target they had to focus on the first priority. Kristie still followed orders and voted Matt.

One good thing is that Lee was unsure enough because of the threat that he played the advantage and can't use it next tribal now.

Flick and Kristie fucked up totally.

It just took one to flip and it was a 3-3 tie, with Lee then deciding it with the advantage. Kristie wasn't dependable so that's why Flick changed.

If one good thing can be derived from Nick's facial expressions, it's that he won't be voting for Lee to win.

Honestly, a Lee and El final two would be the worst possible outcome for the producers and Channel 10. Maybe even a nail in the coffin of a possible second season. I really think Australia would feel RIPPED OFF by either of those two endings. Because neither have really played the game. AT ALL. Spooning and/or sitting together by the fire for 55 days doesn't count. If revealing they are soooo in lurve is their way of trying to get the public onside IT'S NOT WORKING.

We were shown Lee and El telling Flick that Sam was a target for them I think. It sounded like they were splitting votes with Matt, but obviously once they realised El was a target they had to focus on the first priority. Kristie still followed orders and voted Matt.
Thanks!

Lee looked particularly unattractive tonight when he was putting Kristie in her place. He had this nasty AGGRO (the puppet) look on his face, which signalled to me that beneath the nice guy facade, he's just a sports jock bully at heart.
Agree, just nasty. Guilt trips are never a good look. Which is what it was. The very lowest form of play, and especially when exacted on a vulnerable person. It's intimidation and borderline bullying.

Lee's true colour's are all coming out. His "concern" for Kristie is self motivated, and so was his "bromance" with Sam. For all his so-called "integrity" he's showing NONE. What a fucking FAKE.

Haha, my Lee HATE is through the roof after that episode. Seeing this alpha jock effectively guilt trip a loner geek made my blood boil, especially after seeing her get voted "least popular" in the previous episode. He's abusing that. It was shitty to watch because it was a shitty thing for him to do. I'll say it again, he SUCKS.

Last edited:
If one good thing can be derived from Nick's facial expressions, it's that he won't be voting for Lee to win.

Honestly, a Lee and El final two would be the worst possible outcome for the producers and Channel 10. Maybe even a nail in the coffin of a possible second season. I really think Australia would feel RIPPED OFF by either of those two endings. Because neither have really played the game. AT ALL. Spooning and/or sitting together by the fire for 55 days doesn't count. If revealing they are soooo in lurve is their way of trying to get the public onside IT'S NOT WORKING.

El or Lee winning would certainly affect real Survivor fans like us, who can see through the crap.
I'm not so sure it would damage Australian Survivor though. the women's magazines are championing the showmance, so it's likely that the general public are falling for the decent Aussie bloke/aww isn't that lovely angle.

Ugh, really? I never read any of those magazines. I prefer to retain brain cells LOL. The public on the whole are like sheep and so gullible.

Yep. TV Week yesterday has a double page feature, "Yes! We're together!", plus a page entitled "It's getting hot in here! Lee vs Lee", about Lee and his namesake from The Bachelorette.
Sample quote : "Can Network Ten's casting team take a bow? They've done a great job with The Bachelorette and Australian Survivor - especially with guys called 'Lee'! The former cricketer and single dad melts hearts when he talks about his sons. Here's hoping we have both these fellas in their respective finales!"

"It's getting hot in here! Lee vs Lee", about Lee and his namesake from The Bachelorette.

Hahahaha, Lee (Survivor) wishes! It's no surprise why he wasn't cast as The Bach. Rough as guts. It's an insult to Lee (Bachelorette) to have them mentioned in the same sentence.

ETA: There is no episode tonight, booooo. All Star Family Feud. Yep.

Last edited:
I wonder what made Kristie target Matt tonight. They have that semi-pact where Matt won't vote her out, it obviously doesn't apply both ways.

I thought the decision made with the Lee and El alliance was two of them vote Sam, and two of them vote Matt - knowing the two guys were going to vote for El - and they'd flush the idol out if one had one, and get Sam out on the revote. Kristie voted her assigned vote, which was Matt. So as Sam's vote was nullified by Lee's advantage and then it became everyone but Matt and Sam vote on the revote, Sam the original target of the four dorks was out.

(Why Kristie switched back to Lee and El and how bloody Flick got convinced to do so, beats me. We only saw Kristie's change of heart, Flick's attempt at damage control/lying to El and Lee, Lee guilting and shaming Kristie - and the whole good idea of flicking El falling by the wayside at tribal. FFS. So they went back to the original plan. Idiots. I see little to no hope of anyone other than Lee or El winning now.)

What do you mean? There will be more than one immunity challenge ahead, and there's a good chance either Lee or El will win each one in my view.
They can vote out El if Lee wins. They can vote out Lee if El wins.

Glad to see Sam go. I don't think it was as unwise as these comments suggest - I think he's a pretty popular player and was clearly an immunity threat. Flick and Kristie can still side with Matt now and eliminate either Lee or El. What would have been truly dumb would have been voting to eliminate Matt. As I see it, the options are open, and with no idols/advantages remaining, Flick and Kristie still are in a good position as swing votes.

Lee did come off a bit condescending and fatherly to Kristie. It is a bit rich given that he apologized to her a few episodes ago for having voted for her.

It's 3-2 now and Lee doesn't have his advantage anymore.

Once Lee stood up and announced he was using it, they had fair opportunity to get one of the couple out. That would have been the moment. They were 4-2 then, if they'd stuck with the boys' plan.

Back