Skip to main content

Episode Australian Survivor (2016) - Episode 22 Discussion

I think a few people got a bit of ego smackdown in the reward challenge. Sam finally realised he's right at the bottom of the heap, and El was livid that everyone knows she's contributed nothing. Hopefully it was also all the confirmation Kristie needs that no one thinks she can win it.

Sue,Lee,Matt and Flick went to Exile Island when they lost a reward challenge and all decided to not find the hidden idol...
The idol was hidden on the beach, it might still be there...maybe they will get a clue at daylight

I think Lee turned off Sam, when Flick told El that Brooke and Sam were going to vote one of them out. Sam wouldn't have been happy that Brooke was voted out instead of El.

Australian Survivor ‏@Survivor_AU 2h
With the tribe separated overnight, is this a chance for new alliances to grow? Tomorrow we go from six to five, 7.30pm on TEN #SurvivorAU

Cu4T4iiXEAQXMy5.jpg

What would have happened had Matt won that challenge at Tribal Council? Would he have chosen 2 people? I think it worked out best for him that he didn't win, and he and Flick had to mutually agree on Kristie.

Kristie appears a lot more perceptive than earlier episodes seem to suggest. I think she's got a real shot.

If you've got anything that you think could be elimination/winner spoiler leakage outside of the episodes I think it's best to use spoiler tags. Of course potential spoilers might be wrong, but it's just courtesy.

Kristie is getting these confessionals in the edit suggest she knows what's going on, but I'm not sure about her giving away her worries about El/Lee to Lee and then admitting talking strategy with Matt. And how much she has really forged alliances in this to help her get to the end and in particular to win? Maybe she isn't trying to win and just wants to get taken to the end by someone who thinks she's easy to beat, but is anyone even thinking like that?

Strange contradiction in the Matt edit. Has him saying it's not just a game but is emotions too, and then not much later saying that everyone's signed up to play Survivor not to make friends. I often don't trust the confessionals that much, so I don't really trust the second remark as much.

I wonder if they actually all wanted to win the reward challenge, the more challenge wins the bigger the target you are.

Sam not too convincing with Flick, in reply to her question whether Brooke gave an order of elimination he said no, and then a few moments later he suggested there was.

So Sam most deserving and least deserving to win, some of the answers didn't make that much sense from what we've seen which makes you wonder still if some understand the game yet.

Lee helped knock El out of the reward place at the end. As Matt was already going to the spa it seemed strange that he was involved in it. Maybe he just let Flick win at the end, then he didn't have any decision to make.

...surely even she knows that people will not trust her anymore?

In Survivor though you sometimes have to put some provisional trust in someone even if they have lied to make a move previously. Obviously if someone keeps on flipping all the time their reputation is shot eventually, but you have to give people some leeway at first.

So Lee still has his advantage, and he's the only one on Exile Island who pre-knows about a hidden idol. Wonder if they'll all get another/repeat clue? Wonder if he'll remember the old clue and look? Wonder if he's told El about the advantage? etc etc

Gee, I really do not want Lee and El to win at all. But then it's just layers after that, cause I don't want Sam to win either. Would be nice to get Lee out next, so his advantage drops out of the mix with him.

So Lee still has his advantage, and he's the only one on Exile Island who pre-knows about a hidden idol. Wonder if they'll all get another/repeat clue? Wonder if he'll remember the old clue and look? Wonder if he's told El about the advantage? etc etc

Gee, I really do not want Lee and El to win at all. But then it's just layers after that, cause I don't want Sam to win either. Would be nice to get Lee out next, so his advantage drops out of the mix with him.
El or Lee leaving tonight will get a big WOOHOOOO! from me.

I think it's wishful thinking, supposing that Lee has forgotten about his advantage. Jonathan mentioned the advantage at a recent tribal, even if he had forgotten about it surely that was a reminder.

El or Lee leaving tonight will get a big WOOHOOOO! from me.

I think it's wishful thinking, supposing that Lee has forgotten about his advantage. Jonathan mentioned the advantage at a recent tribal, even if he had forgotten about it surely that was a reminder.

Yeah, it's more of a joke and a reflection on his sluggish conservative play. He's never seemingly felt the need to use it, which I find bizarre. Even last Tribal he could have considered pulling it out just to be certain he had the numbers to keep El and his majority in case Flick doubleflipped, but we got no confessional murmur of such a thing.

I don't think Lee intends to use his advantage at all. He's a safe player, not a big move player. I don't dislike him as a person, but he's frigging boring on Survivor, and that's why I'd like to see him blindsided tonight. I think he needs to go before El. Boring as he is, there's a possibility he could win if he makes the final two. I don't think El has any chance, so I'd rather see her there.

Jonathan mentioned the advantage at a recent tribal
Yeah. I was really surprised that his mention of the advantage didn't draw any reaction at all, so they must all know about it... so Lee must have told everyone? I just don't get why anyone would do that. Let alone hold such an advantage and not use it. And like Meglos, I don't think he's will use it either.

With any luck he'll find the HII as well, and go home with both in his pocket, just because he's a clueless idiot who can't be bothered playing the game.

Yeah. I was really surprised that his mention of the advantage didn't draw any reaction at all, so they must all know about it... so Lee must have told everyone? I just don't get why anyone would do that. Let alone hold such an advantage and not use it. And like Meglos, I don't think he's will use it either.

With any luck he'll find the HII as well, and go home with both in his pocket, just because he's a clueless idiot who can't be bothered playing the game.

Is it possible that the rest of them missed what Jonathan said about the idol or didn't understand? Maybe they do know about it. Lee is either dumb or complacent if he doesn't use it.

Is it possible that the rest of them missed what Jonathan said about the idol or didn't understand? Maybe they do know about it. Lee is either dumb or complacent if he doesn't use it.
One of the producers needs to ask Lee outright to talk about his advantage when he's doing a confessional, so viewers can at least get a sense of whether he has even considered using it, and who he might target if he does... just give us something.. anything! Sheesh.

El and Lee should be seriously worried after that quiz. And yeah, they can both eff off as far as I'm concerned.

Kristie's edit is epic. You can see her playing these cocky douches simply by doing nothing and then revealing to the camera that she is onto these idiots. Lee has turned into a total snake in the grass. He's buttering her up for what he assumes is a jury vote.

Meanwhile, Kirstie seems to be the only one thinking remotely logically, and in Lee's case, not with his dick. Just gotta hope Kristie and Flick side with Sam and Matt. It's their only chance to win because both El and Lee are going to play the single parent card at the end.
Kristie you weren't in the alliance but now you are. Lol.

I do think that the game has been too long. It has to be really hard to keep it together. At least these people didn't wear out their brains with strategy before now so maybe they can come in with a minimumal strategy of counting votes.

I wonder if Lee and Sam see using an advantage or the idol as poor sportsmanship. Their thinking is almost alien to me.

One of the producers needs to ask Lee outright to talk about his advantage when he's doing a confessional, so viewers can at least get a sense of whether he has even considered using it, and who he might target if he does... just give us something.. anything! Sheesh.
They probably have but maybe it is just not relevant? The editing is so uneven that it's hard to know. I think if it's relevant it will come up early next episode. They tend operate on an information when relevant basis.

Not sure why they showed him getting it if it never comes up?

Great. I don't read spoilers. I don't want to know what's reported on things not shown yet. What the show puts out in promos I accept, because it isn't always clear cut.
It's not a spoiler. I think Lee was making a joke.

Back