Skip to main content

Australia Survivor SWEEPSTAKE!!!

I might just win this. They're idiots if I do, but yes, Lee is playing with a bunch of idiots so anythings possible.

I feel gutted ....sweeps have a strange effect.
Anyway, I reckon I should win best sweep barracker. Most of you never backed your sweep at all....some hated their sweep.
That is not the spirit.
Get behind your sweep - even if you have one of the wimpy boys.

I found it good fun to be gung ho positive for my sweep - when most were hating on her. Her challenge monstering helped.

This was my first proper sweep experience, and that was fun

Hey, I have morphed into Sam, so yes I am supporting him, whatcha saying! hooley dooley!!!!!!! LOL

And who's a WIMPY BOY?????????
;)

Well it sucks to be @oddjob but let's face it, it was only a matter of time. Better luck next time!

1uvK2Hw.jpg

Just making up the numbers really.

I honestly thought I was done for tonight- I work Mondays so I have to watch on catch-up and I was anxious to check my notifications in case I had been tagged :O

El, at first I didn't believe in you, (because you never got screentime) but you can do it!!!

I honestly thought I was done for tonight- I work Mondays so I have to watch on catch-up and I was anxious to check my notifications in case I had been tagged :O

El, at first I didn't believe in you, (because you never got screentime) but you can do it!!!
No offence but I hope you're next. Or your bf. :D

I think it's sweet that people stick by their absolutely horrible sweep picks. Bless you originalflavours for finding something to like about El. Ditto kxk and hooleydooley, someone's gotta love Brooke and Sammy.

Reactions: kxk
BUGGAR!!!!!!
DAMN!
BUGGAR!!!!!!!!!!!
He mentioned Blood Sweat and Tears on tonights show, before he was booted

So this is my tribute to my sweep, I mean my sweat sweet shot

I actually have a crush on Sam ;)

I think it's sweet that people stick by their absolutely horrible sweep picks. Bless you originalflavours for finding something to like about El. Ditto kxk and hooleydooley, someone's gotta love Brooke and Sammy.
I do think what has been good about this series is that opinions on some people don't necessarily change, though I guess that's in part to once the good guys all got voted off we had no choice but to rank those remaining in some kind of order - but I'm finding my opinion is constantly changing on them. It's where the show being about playing the game rather than a pure popularity contest comes into their own - Flick would have no chance in a popularity contest, but one crucial move changed my opinion of her completely.

It's funny how some of the remaining sweepies haven't said a single word that I've seen all season - let alone barracked for their sweep! I mean, it's really funny (sob), after 'winning' Peter... Go Fiegsy!

It's funny how some of the remaining sweepies haven't said a single word that I've seen all season - let alone barracked for their sweep! I mean, it's really funny (sob), after 'winning' Peter... Go Fiegsy!

I was just wondering who is still in it. Yes, some have been very quiet. Support your pick, people! (go Phoebe)

I'll make sure next time, that all the participants have to actually watch the show. "Just making up the numbers really" was a cop-out from @oddjob . Why take a spot in a game with limited numbers if you're not really interested? Sad.

Anyway I would like to run a kind of tipping comp next time, which would involve something like the following:
  • picking an overall season winner each episode (those points would accumulate until the finale)
  • picking which episode the final merge would occur
  • who would be voted out each episode, including a "no-one" option
  • whether there'd be a tribe switch (of any kind, not a full merge) in the next episode
  • etc
Jokers Updates used to run this kind of comp but it was run on a script on the website I think... which toted it all up. So I'll have to work out a way to run it that doesn't involve ppl messaging me and my having to manually enter it into a spreadsheet. Maybe there is something online I can use? Open to suggestions.

FWIW the winner of these comps was usually whoever picked the overall winner right from the very start. i.e. if you picked (say) Matt as winner every episode and got nothing else right you could still potentially win the entire comp if Matt were to take it out and no-one else had picked it. (lol)

Anyway well done to you guys who took part in the sweep who supported some quite pathetic players. The tipping thing will require active engagement for every episode so it means that the people who take part every episode until the end stand the best chance of winning.

Let me know what you think?

I'll make sure next time, that all the participants have to actually watch the show. "Just making up the numbers really" was a cop-out from @oddjob . Why take a spot in a game with limited numbers if you're not really interested? Sad.

Anyway I would like to run a kind of tipping comp next time, which would involve something like the following:
  • picking an overall season winner each episode (those points would accumulate until the finale)
  • picking which episode the final merge would occur
  • who would be voted out each episode, including a "no-one" option
  • whether there'd be a tribe switch (of any kind, not a full merge) in the next episode
  • etc
Jokers Updates used to run this kind of comp but it was run on a script on the website I think... which toted it all up. So I'll have to work out a way to run it that doesn't involve ppl messaging me and my having to manually enter it into a spreadsheet. Maybe there is something online I can use? Open to suggestions.

FWIW the winner of these comps was usually whoever picked the overall winner right from the very start. i.e. if you picked (say) Matt as winner every episode and got nothing else right you could still potentially win the entire comp if Matt were to take it out and no-one else had picked it. (lol)

Anyway well done to you guys who took part in the sweep who supported some quite pathetic players. The tipping thing will require active engagement for every episode so it means that the people who take part every episode until the end stand the best chance of winning.

Let me know what you think?

Sorry I meant Jenna-Louise was just making up the numbers. I have been watching the show but I ended up going away for a break and mostly watched on catch-up, hence missed a lot of the discussions. Sorry I guess I could have passed her on I suppose, but didn't expect to be AWOL quite so much.

Sorry I meant Jenna-Louise was just making up the numbers. I have been watching the show but I ended up going away for a break and mostly watched on catch-up, hence missed a lot of the discussions. Sorry I guess I could have passed her on I suppose, but didn't expect to be AWOL quite so much.
Sorry, your post was a bit ambiguous. Plus I don't think JL was just making up the numbers, she gave it quite a good shot actually!

Back