Skip to main content

Am DUMBARSE!

Cornflake Girl

Awesome site donor
I've been here a couple of months, but only JUST realised the wee thing on your profile that says MESSAGES is actually posts.

I thought it was private messages and have been thinking all this time, the forum is the subplot, and the major plot goes in behind the scenes.

I clicked on a very well known members profile, saw 14,000 messages and... Mind. Blown. What do these people DO all day? Send messages willy nilly? Organise Save Big Brother marches? I felt very left out!

But just inadvertently clicked on own profile. Saw 200+ messages and panicked. Thought I'd ignored clearly either a psycho (v.good) or people sending nice messages. Checked Inbox. Was still empty - so then, finally I clicked.

It's hard being old, out of touch with forum techno-speak, and enfeebled sometimes :arghh:

Haha, aw! To be fair, I think calling posts on the board "messages" is fairly dumb. Petition to get in changed back to "posts!" :tongue:
Aww thanks! You're my new favourite. I saw the views (lots) and no replies so was trying to figure out how to delete BUT COULDN'T Due to techno-tard issue. Am newbie so much confidence was needed to post a NEW THREAD.. Then felt all Loser Louise From Loserville. So. Thanks for replying!

Aww thanks! You're my new favourite. I saw the views (lots) and no replies so was trying to figure out how to delete BUT COULDN'T Due to techno-tard issue. Am newbie so much confidence was needed to post a NEW THREAD.. Then felt all Loser Louise From Loserville. So. Thanks for replying!

Oh, don't worry, I've been here for eight years on-and-off and I would never be able to muster up enough confidence to post a new thread! Good on you for doing it. :thumbsup:

I don't think you can delete anything you post these days, so don't blame your lack of technical knowledge for that. :)

the one that used to get a lot of new-comers was the old fashioned 'new thread' button. so many ppl had no idea what that button was for!

oh! this one has 'thread' too! i must have customised mine

Back