Skip to main content

2017 Today I ...

slide_512132_7189456_croppable.jpg

Roosters are full of ambition and charm. But while they are confident, self-motivated individuals, they can also be pompous. Roosters are also very sociable people who love being the centre of attention. Strengths: Hardworking, loyal, trustworthy, leaders Weaknesses: Critical, vain, impatient, selfish
Lucky Things
Numbers: 5, 7, 8 Colours: gold, brown, yellow Flowers: gladiola Directions: South, Southwest

Good Match: Roosters are most compatible with people born in the Year of the Ox (1949, 1961, 1973, 1985, 1997, 2009, 2021) or the Year of the Snake (1953, 1965, 1977, 1989, 2001, 2013, 2025). This is because they all have similar ways of thinking and are conscious of their life goals. Their habits also complement each other well.
Bad Match: Roosters are not as compatible with people born in the Year of the Rat (1960, 1972, 1984, 1996, 2008), Rabbit (1951,1963,1975, 1987, 1999, 2011), Horse (1954, 1966, 1978, 1990, 2002, 2014, 2026), or Dog (1946, 1958, 1970, 1982, 1994, 2006). This is because these signs have very different opinions and attitudes. Some of them can also be sensitive to the Rooster’s constant bragging.

I have a friend who suffers from that @kxk
I also had a childhood friend who already had it fully established by the time she was ten. In a wheelchair by the time she was 16 and, sadly, dead before age 25. Not from the arthritis but because it makes them susceptible to other things.
It's a dreadful disease.

Reactions: kxk
I was going to post that today I am home from my cruise but brought a shocking flu home with me. Pales into insignificance compared to @kxk 's post though. How easily we whinge.

Oh hope you got to enjoy the cruise before you got sick!

I have RA, I am lucky meds work, but i am likely to die early from complications, and the meds can kill you (liver/kidneys).
I have to stay fit, and keep my life pretty clean, no booze, gave up ciggies - 5 years now.

I know people who have had RA since childhood, and it has been awful & crippling. At least I didn't get it until later in life, brought on by stress when I had a sister having manic episodes and doing very strange things.

I got sick on the day we disembarked so I did get to enjoy the cruise fully.

Sorry to hear you have RA @kxk
My friend is 55 and only diagnosed a few years ago but it explains a lot of problems she was having long before that. And she does have some problems with her Meds so I'm glad to hear they're working for you.

Hopefully it will stay that way for a long time to come.

Reactions: kxk
Oh glad to hear you got a proper holiday, I would love to visit Fiji I am told the food is divine, lots of coconut stuff.
It would be awful to get sick on a boat:(

They are discovering new things all the time for treatments, latest is an implant they are testing.

And same as your friend, explained some odd health issues previous, like aching arms - I used to think I had pulled a muscle:)

We just had a bit of a tremor in SA, shook the house and work for about half a second. Apparently there was one in the middle of the night about a week ago, but this is the first one I've felt.

We just had a bit of a tremor in SA, shook the house and work for about half a second. Apparently there was one in the middle of the night about a week ago, but this is the first one I've felt.
How scary!

Today I have been married for 36 years and can honestly say I would sign up for another 36.
Oh you are lucky. I have sadly never worked out the 'secret' of how to be married. I'm a bit jealous! But I simultaneously wish you Congratulations!

At the risk of sounding soppy I think I was actually lucky enough to find my soulmate. And we are total opposites. Not every day or hour is sunshine (we've already yelled at each other today) but we couldn't imagine being without the other one.

What did you do?

Lots of bench pressing, dead lifts, pull ups, push ups, lunges amongst some other stuff. I haven't worked out properly in years and so I am quite sore. Honestly around the 24 hour mark later today I just got so much sorer.

Back