2017 Media Articles

Discussion in 'Australian Big Brother talk' started by Brekkie, Jan 12, 2017.

1. Brekkie

Brekkie Well-Known Member Staff Member

Because it's 2017 now.

SepiaBird, refundeR and qtkt like this.
  2. reepbot

reepbot Why?

3. Meglos

Meglos HAVE A NECTARINE, GONK

4. reepbot

reepbot Why?

Josh from bb2012?

5. Brekkie

Brekkie Well-Known Member Staff Member

Just the one?

oddjob and delcan like this.
  6. Harrison Schubert

Harrison Schubert New Member

So is it coming this year

7. Kingston

Kingston Canadian Royality

You're an idiot

8. Kegztaa

Kegztaa Big Brother's neighbour

Kyle and Jackie O had a good little chat in their intro today about when they hosted BB. What we found out:
    Kyle had a twitch when reading the autocue (I had NO idea)
    Jackie loved it
    Kyle hated it :happy:

Audio: http://picosong.com/rNUv

buck07, marquisite and SepiaBird like this.
  9. grishfish

grishfish Active Member

This doesn't really relate... But Aunty Gretel is playing on the Australian team in an ANZAC edition of All Star Family Feud in NZ tonight.

SepiaBird likes this.
  10. SepiaBird

SepiaBird The Sepia Bird! - Winner of Forum Big Brother 2 Awesome site donor

More reason to bring back BB!

Youth-orientated Network 10 learn youth don’t watch television after posting $232m loss

[​IMG]

27 April, 2017. 17:23

ERROL PARKER | Editor-at-large | Contact

One of the nation’s leading sources of left-wing bias is said to be teetering on the brink of collapse this evening as investors scatter and advertiser confidence reaches all-time lows.

Channel 10’s reputation for being Australia’s youth-orientated commercial television station is being blamed for the network’s disastrous $232 million loss in the six months to February as current trends have seen young people tuning out in droves.

“Well, it seems like Millennials don’t watch television anymore,” said one senior Ten executive.

“We might need to restructure, you know. Get some shock jocks in here. But yeah, we’ve really shit the bed on this occasion. We don’t really know why young people don’t watch television, either. I thought the youth loved The Project and cooking shows. I mean, fuck me dead? What more could you want?”

The Advocate reached out to a number of Ten personalities after receiving their unsolicited resumes, but none are willing to comment further on the financial situation the network is facing.

More to come.

(http://www.betootaadvocate.com/unca...outh-dont-watch-television-posting-232m-loss/)

RobondaywaytoBB likes this.
  11. TeamRohan

TeamRohan Still Team Rohan!

This next generation are not watching FTA. Nearly everyone I know under 20 can't be bothered with it. They are either getting their shows through the streaming services and most likely to binge watch entire seasons at a time instead of sitting through a regular time slot and through commercials.

And when you look at FTA in the current landscape there isn't really anything that would appeal to this generation. The internet has much more interest to them. I can only name three FTA shows I know people under 20 watch: The Bachelor, Australian Survivor and Family Feud occasionally.

A BB revival would probably appeal to the demographic 25-48. They would be people who grew up and remember the earlier years on Channel Ten. If they brought the show back to basics and the good elements of the original they could get a decent number of people watching every night and get advertising for that demographic. I also think some kind of streaming live or a few moments delayed from the house needs to happen so people can get the full 24/7 experience of Big Brother and it would create buzz on Social Media getting young people interested.

12. reepbot

reepbot Why?

Why does that article read like satire?

13. SepiaBird

SepiaBird The Sepia Bird! - Winner of Forum Big Brother 2 Awesome site donor

14. reepbot

reepbot Why?

15. buck07

buck07 Bucking the system

Investors jumped ship yesterday on the news of the loss - TEN stock price lost 25% yesterday. :eek:

16. reepbot

reepbot Why?

CLAWSON 4EVEEEERRRRRR!

insane that Jade is still single though.

17. reepbot

reepbot Why?