Skip to main content

2015 - 2016 Media Articles Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
that, totally erased the BB compound, and shortened the train track(?) that used to go right around the BB compound. I have never been there but I thought the BB compound was kind of isolated from the park?

Yeah, when I went it was before Big Brother started so I can't really place the compound. Some one used to post aerial photos of the site - I'd be interested to see if the building is still there. I think it confirms what we all knew - Big Brother will not return to Dreamworld

This is likely one of the only reasons the BB house would be torn down...

Sod set to be turned at $1 billion Coomera Town Centre after decades of planning and talks
Coomera Town Centre proposed shopping precinct currently before the City of Gold Coast Council

8365f46be03c0cd132ee2b4f13b8fb8f

AFTER a decade in the pipeline the billion-dollar Coomera Town Centre development is ready to begin.

Fences have gone up around the Foxwell Road site and Westfield is expected to break ground within weeks with major earthworks to start about Christmas.

Area councillor and city planning boss Cameron Caldwell said the imminent start of works was the culmination of nearly 20 years of work.

“The hard work to bring the town centre to fruition is now paying off as meaningful progress is undertaken on the site in preparation for construction to begin,” he said.

87ebc40396b0b3524224792e6f88e822

“Coomera continues to lead the city in growth and opportunities and this project will provide a major boost during both construction and on an ongoing basis.

“This is the fruition of nearly 20 years of hopes and dreams and I am proud to have seen it happen after the work of recent years.”

The $500M first stage of the development got approval from the Gold Coast City Council last year but was stalled until the upgrade of Upper Coomera’s Exit 54 interchange on the M1 was upgraded.

Work on the duplication of the interchange began in August, unlocking billions of development in the north which can now proceed.

dd34a8204732b62cc79ee3219ace3dc6

And the project’s imminent start date is also sparking sales of land surrounding the precinct.

LJ Hooker Coomera Licensee Teresa Foster said there was a strong appetite for property from both developers and people hoping to build their dream homes close to the regional centre

“It is all staring to fall in line and it is a development which a lot of people have been waiting a long time for,” she said.

“Many of the small holdings here have sold along Foxwell Road and every possible piece of developable land has been snapped up.

“Obviously people have been waiting for this.”

Among the first stage’s features are a cinema, two-level department store. supermarkets, retail shops and artificial beach similar to Brisbane’s Southbank.

http://www.goldcoastbulletin.com.au...s/news-story/c4b59dc8d70e45b35ad693d25427bf35

We have enough shopping centres thank you very much!

With over-priced botique shops and fashion stores that only get busy when Tully decides she wants to stay relevant.

We have enough shopping centres thank you very much!

With over-priced botique shops and fashion stores that only get busy when Tully decides she wants to stay relevant.

I'm not suggesting you need more shopping... I'm merely pointing that plans for this particular shopping centre appear to be moving forward... I'd also like to point out that the land where the BB house sits will be incorporated in to stage 1 and 2 of the project... The green diamond indicates roughly where the BB house sits...

fuvn7q.jpg

Local Area Plan Maps
- Coomera Town Centre Structure Plan
http://www.goldcoast.qld.gov.au/gcplanningscheme_1010/maps_local_area.html#100

Coomera Town Centre Structure Plan - Precinct 1 - Coomera Activity Centre Sub-Precincts
http://www.goldcoast.qld.gov.au/gcp...rea_plans_maps/COOMERA_TOWN_CENTRE/SP10_3.pdf

r8fptl.jpg

I'm not suggesting you need more shopping... I'm merely pointing that plans for this particular shopping centre appear to be moving forward... I'd also like to point out that the land where the BB house sits will be incorporated in to stage 1 and 2 of the project... The green diamond indicates roughly where the BB house sits...

fuvn7q.jpg

Local Area Plan Maps
- Coomera Town Centre Structure Plan
http://www.goldcoast.qld.gov.au/gcplanningscheme_1010/maps_local_area.html#100

Coomera Town Centre Structure Plan - Precinct 1 - Coomera Activity Centre Sub-Precincts
http://www.goldcoast.qld.gov.au/gcp...rea_plans_maps/COOMERA_TOWN_CENTRE/SP10_3.pdf

i wasn't blaming you, sir

Hmmmm...well...

"Ms Thomas also donated her $167,500 cash bonus, which shareholders approved in October, to the Red Cross appeal for the families. Although Dreamworld is only a small percentage of the Ardent Leisure group's theme park business, which itself is about 22 per cent of total revenue, it has become a sentiment and reputation issue."
YUP!
http://www.braidwoodtimes.com.au/st...-reopens-with-respectful-weekend-video/?cs=12

So, it was very good of the 6-month-old CEO to gift her $167, 500 bonus to the Red Cross... the only appropriate thing to do, really. I mean, she had no choice, the poor woman. I guess she had to be paid a bonus to donate it? Oh...

Base salary $670m + 25% cash bonus ($167K) + 25% deferred equity, plus another 50% long term incentives... Total package of $1.34m for the year. Just three months or so before things went disastrously off the rails (sorry). Think she landed a lemon.

Ardent made $600b revenue 2015 apparently, and $33 m profit (down 34%). After ALL expenses of course... meaning very little.

Anyway, it would be interesting to see an aerial drone image of Dreamworld as it now stands. Google didn't help.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just had a random thought. What would have happened if the tragedy at Dreamworld had happened during a BBAU season? Would have been weird in the house for all the rides to fall silent and not know why... would they have told them? Would they have allowed the audiences in to the closed park for the evictions etc? :confused: I wonder how they would have handled it.
If Nine produces a shit show, but no-one is there to witness it - did it even happen?

If Nine produces a shit show, but no-one is there to witness it - did it even happen?
Haha indeed. If it happened during a Nine season hopefully they would have cancelled the show and put us all out of our misery.

Hmmmm...well...
Base salary $670m + 25% cash bonus ($167K) + 25% deferred equity, plus another 50% long term incentives... Total package of $1.34m for the year...
Ardent made $600b revenue..

I think you have your 'b', 'm', 'k' a little mixed up there. And she may not get her other bonuses depending on how the company views the KPIs.

2016 report is here - see page 18 for remuneration to execs
https://secure.weblink.com.au/Clients/webchartclient/clients/ardentleisure/article.asp?view=2974755

And, trying to NOT nit-pick -
Deborah Thomas was appointed Chief Executive Officer effective 7 April 2015, so she was in the CEO job for all of FY2015/2016 - not 6 months.

Having said all that, I'm amazed at how the tragedy was handled by management. Time will tell what that does.

I think you have your 'b', 'm', 'k' a little mixed up there. And she may not get her other bonuses depending on how the company views the KPIs.

2016 report is here - see page 18 for remuneration to execs
https://secure.weblink.com.au/Clients/webchartclient/clients/ardentleisure/article.asp?view=2974755

And, trying to NOT nit-pick -
Deborah Thomas was appointed Chief Executive Officer effective 7 April 2015, so she was in the CEO job for all of FY2015/2016 - not 6 months.

Having said all that, I'm amazed at how the tragedy was handled by management. Time will tell what that does.
Ha. You're right, good to see you're onto it. Typos, and I was looking at the prior year. Why were you amazed?

Last edited by a moderator:
Ha. You're right, good to see you're onto it. Typos, and I was looking at the prior year. Why were you amazed?
I guess there are so many examples of tragedy that corporations should be able to draw upon, I wouldn't expect the mis-steps they made.

But, we're all human, though that does NOT excuse their mis-handling of it.

Note I'm being deliberately polite. :angelic: :mad:

I guess there are so many examples of tragedy that corporations should be able to draw upon, I wouldn't expect the mis-steps they made.

But, we're all human, though that does NOT excuse their mis-handling of it.

Note I'm being deliberately polite. :angelic: :mad:
Oh...it would be more fair to expect a CEO to be competent. ;)

I saw reports about a culture of fear and intimidation, true or not, it wouldn't surprise me if the business is struggling, nor that it might run at a loss, propped up by other businesses in the group. In which case, it ought to be closed if the economics are impacting its safety - which the business will of course deny (esp. if sued), and closing could mean the loss of 1,000 jobs to the GC.... tough decisions.

Good morning Good afternoon and or Good evening.

First of all i like to talk 3 individual things that happened.

First of all when i look at Dreamworld. It doesn't seem to be a big theme park when you look at it from above specially on that picture posted by Reepbot. Look at it this way. Clear out the large carpark and clear out BB house and just concentrate only around the theme park. It doesn't look big like ive seen in USA. To me this would have to be the smallest and or tiny theme park in queensland for many years since it began built. It also goes the same for the Movieworld and Seaworld. All of them don't seem to look big. When i was there on every of them i notice that ive done a run all around the themes in just half a day and realise i was re-doing it again the other half of the day to finish off. In USA theme parks you would need a full day or at least days to do every part of a theme park. The percentage of queenslands theme parks such as Dreamworld only seems 50% its tiny. Maybe not so tiny for you but just look at it. I would of thought they would of had much more to do and to see at dreamworld.

Second part is Tradegy of a disaster at Dreamworld at one of the rides not that long ago. Then we see many stuff happening on the news how the CEO goes on and on MORE about (the percentage of people visiting dreamworld) rather then concentrate more of what happened at dreamworld just months ago. I can see it's all publicity stunt just to bring more people. Just recently the boss gets on the news and end up talking constantly on and on about the percentage of people visiting dreamworld and how it has blah blah effected peoples life of the tradegy.. Really? For me it's not like Dreamworld has impacted me by not visiting and it makes no different

What happen is personal stuff by these families... Not make a publicity stunt about it nor about dreamworld. That's what made me pisst of on the news constantly all they seem to care is (how many low numbers visitors are coming to dreamworld on the re-open day) For me i know it's always going to be like a normal day with the same old average visitors amount visiting dreamworld.. They did this in order to make as if dreamworld has a suprise for you in order to bring every lot of you to dreamworld. They only care the numbers they want your money thats all they cared.. They talk less about what happen but they seem to make publicity stunt about the how many people coming to dreamworld... Also think about it... It's a small theme park.. It's mainly done in just half a day in my experience and then realise i was re-doing the same rides again on the other half of the day to finish it all off.

But to be honest i can't stand these CEO at dreamworld they change the story from tragedy to more of the (low numbers visiting dreamworld) they make it sound as if when they open the doors again there will be low numbers and how stressful they are getting and so on just panic situations for something for nothing.

What they need to do is talk more and concentrate MORE about the tragedy... Not about how many visitors are coming to Dreamworld or make it out as if everyone is (impacted) to what happen to dreamworld.. It's not like the whole theme park has blown off apart... There's always accidents and minor ones everydays and every times in every theme park around the world.. it's not new.

Just a conclution odd way to think thatmaybe they have a few dozen secret people like normal family people getting paid to do the visit dream world and put the roses there just for publicity stunt to show on the news,.. I have this weird feeling these people are getting paid to do these things and to visit dreamworld just to show as if there are big numbers of visitors.. I think no one would had knew that, But think about it this way.. If your house is fired up in flames and have nothing... how interesting a family drives past and suddently comes out and gives you spare unwanted clean clothes and a fan or a radio or food in a box.. by strangers.. by a stranger.. maybe suppose that stranger was getting paid to do this... So they look like nice people doing the right thing infront of the camera news... I always get this feeling that there are these secret people where they get paid to do this just so they all look like ordinary people behind the news reporter. And how interesting people from the city council coming to show the so what support. But then it all goes to talk about (numbers) low numbers at dreamworld.. they do this so that they bring hope of more people in a tiny theme park called dreamworld.

Dreamworld has been there for lots of years and not much changed has been done.. only a new ride every now and then but the whole map of dreamworld is tiny just like 2000 and 1995 and 1990... so on.

So that's what disturbs me as they change the subject to more of the they care more of the numbers visiting dreamworld in a day and less about what exactly happend. Maybe Dreamworld and many others should consider making the theme park more bigger.. It's tiny when you think about it.

---------------------

Now BIG BROTHER HOUSE next to Dreamworld or in Dreamworld theme park. If the house is still standing there. It;s because this show is on a collition of a pause at the moment. Otherwise they would had bulldoze it by now.

Just because they have cleared out trees doesn't mean a business person is going to built a shopping centre just because dreamworld is next door. Australia is huge.. plenty of space else where without interupting locations or sqaushing things one to another.

I haven't heard much of big brother australia on the so what (news) on googles... It's sad to think to wonder when will big brother return.. Ah yes memories of big brother 2001 lots of memories and the promos. It will return aventually and on channel 10. Channel 9 only took over the show as a lease temporary trial if you think about it. But it will return aventually mainly on channel 10. Yes posible Foxtel. And posible full enture repeats of the daily shows and full evictions shows of the past on a new channel that may as well be a reality tv australia channel. Where shows such as Big brother.. it's a knock out... Hey hey its saturday and many more shows shown on many networks across the nation.

So think about it.. Is the Big brother house still standing? Good sign. They have bull doze tres near by but have they bull doze the big brother house ? upsolutely not. This is great news... the ideal was to reserve the area for future reference of big brother show. But i don't think they going to built such a shopping center right close to the theme park and the big brother house. Plenty of shopping centers all over the place in queensland. Far too many.

Ive watch big brother show live online from Germany. UK and Spain. And recently the Spain big brother version mainly goes on between November all thru christmas and follow by new years eve and all the way until end of january i think on a channel called (telecinco) which is tele 5 network in spain. To watch the videos in full aspect you need to register on the website. I'm glad countries like this still kicks on with big brother..

Mainly big brother australia would be on like around late april to early may and goes on for the number of weeks leading to the final. A time when the season isn't too hot and humid but same time a season when its not too cold to handle but just perfectly mainly between half Autumn and early Winter season.

Big brother may be quiet at the moment but it will return regardless... Just stay tune. And i do think it will happen (soon) but not later in time. When it does it will have the many familia faces specially Mike goldman and the game shows as well. Perhaps Grettel may pop up and bring back memories of big brother.

So i hope behind big brother unoficial website to keep on staying living and bring great news for us. Do the research and inform us viewers under the news feed of your page in relation to big brother australia.

It will return. But there is no such of (it will never return) it will return.. So long television is kicking in for the next 1000 or so years. Anything is posible.

But im very suprised how now recently we have Big brother fans who has now turn out to sound as if they (dont care about big brother anymore) so they sound as if they dont care about big brother... then i wonder why on earth they are on this website for to begin with. I geuss it is time for me to watch big brother 2001 and may Sarra-marrie dont sleep walk after the fish fingers again at midnight on the sofar. Great times to be honest.

thank you.

Last edited:
1408056574944_Image_galleryImage_Renovations_are_near_comp.JPG

Just an idea of the distance between the big brother house and the theme park.

Very tiny little theme park isn't it... its been a very long time and still no changed specially Dreamworld and Seaworld... and you would had thought Dreamworld would had to be much bigger today to not been so much the same like years back.

Block out the carpark... just concentrate the theme park MAP... you only seem to do left and right in just half a day.

If you go there at 10 am you would had done every thing at dreamworld by 1pm then from 1pm until 4pm all your doing is re doing the same old thing twice. Nothing is new.

Plus the price to enter is beyond rediculours... For a small theme park.. that would only cost under 25.00 and not 70 to 80 and beyond dollars... We not RICH....

Very tiny little theme park isn't it... its been a very long time and still no changed specially Dreamworld and Seaworld... and you would had thought Dreamworld would had to be much bigger today to not been so much the same like years back.

Block out the carpark... just concentrate the theme park MAP... you only seem to do left and right in just half a day.

If you go there at 10 am you would had done every thing at dreamworld by 1pm then from 1pm until 4pm all your doing is re doing the same old thing twice. Nothing is new.

Plus the price to enter is beyond rediculours... For a small theme park.. that would only cost under 25.00 and not 70 to 80 and beyond dollars... We not RICH....

I haven't been to dreamworld for over a decade. like you said the entrance price is insane.

Sorry this is off topic but I need to just mention Dreamworld...

0aPFqp5.jpg

This picture above show just how big Dreamworld really is. The Red circle is Disneyland, (The second busiest park in the world) You can clearly see that dreamworld is pretty much a car park away from being the same size as Disneyland. Also in the last 6 years Dreamworld has added 1 new major family ride, An amazing roller coaster, 2 new thrill rides, two new kids areas and a new waterslide. This is an amazing expansion for a theme park.

Gold Coast theme parks have some of the cheapest entry prices in the world. Dreamworld tickets are starting from 55 dollars now and annual passes are under 100 dollars. Where as you would pay 120 dollars for one day at Disneyland.

Due to this incident (which was a freak accident) Dreamworld lost over 10 million dollars and theme park attendance has dropped dramatically. This has been the biggest low in the parks 35 year history. They have handled the situation perfectly and respectively. The CEO has gone above and beyond because he cares for his park. They have and will continue to discuss the attendance as there are so so many people that are to scared to go back to a theme park because they will "die". People need to stop living life in fear, you have more of a chance of dying on your way to the park than actually in the park. People have died in car crashes but you don't stop driving do you? So why should you stop going to theme parks?

Sorry about this lengthy rant, I'm finished now. :) I am a massive theme park nerd and I will continue to support and deafened theme parks when I can. I'm not trying to fight about this topic, I just want people to have a better understanding.

Good morning Good afternoon and or Good evening.

First of all i like to talk 3 individual things that happened.

First of all when i look at Dreamworld. It doesn't seem to be a big theme park when you look at it from above specially on that picture posted by Reepbot. Look at it this way. Clear out the large carpark and clear out BB house and just concentrate only around the theme park. It doesn't look big like ive seen in USA. To me this would have to be the smallest and or tiny theme park in queensland for many years since it began built. It also goes the same for the Movieworld and Seaworld. All of them don't seem to look big. When i was there on every of them i notice that ive done a run all around the themes in just half a day and realise i was re-doing it again the other half of the day to finish off. In USA theme parks you would need a full day or at least days to do every part of a theme park. The percentage of queenslands theme parks such as Dreamworld only seems 50% its tiny. Maybe not so tiny for you but just look at it. I would of thought they would of had much more to do and to see at dreamworld.

Second part is Tradegy of a disaster at Dreamworld at one of the rides not that long ago. Then we see many stuff happening on the news how the CEO goes on and on MORE about (the percentage of people visiting dreamworld) rather then concentrate more of what happened at dreamworld just months ago. I can see it's all publicity stunt just to bring more people. Just recently the boss gets on the news and end up talking constantly on and on about the percentage of people visiting dreamworld and how it has blah blah effected peoples life of the tradegy.. Really? For me it's not like Dreamworld has impacted me by not visiting and it makes no different

What happen is personal stuff by these families... Not make a publicity stunt about it nor about dreamworld. That's what made me pisst of on the news constantly all they seem to care is (how many low numbers visitors are coming to dreamworld on the re-open day) For me i know it's always going to be like a normal day with the same old average visitors amount visiting dreamworld.. They did this in order to make as if dreamworld has a suprise for you in order to bring every lot of you to dreamworld. They only care the numbers they want your money thats all they cared.. They talk less about what happen but they seem to make publicity stunt about the how many people coming to dreamworld... Also think about it... It's a small theme park.. It's mainly done in just half a day in my experience and then realise i was re-doing the same rides again on the other half of the day to finish it all off.

But to be honest i can't stand these CEO at dreamworld they change the story from tragedy to more of the (low numbers visiting dreamworld) they make it sound as if when they open the doors again there will be low numbers and how stressful they are getting and so on just panic situations for something for nothing.

What they need to do is talk more and concentrate MORE about the tragedy... Not about how many visitors are coming to Dreamworld or make it out as if everyone is (impacted) to what happen to dreamworld.. It's not like the whole theme park has blown off apart... There's always accidents and minor ones everydays and every times in every theme park around the world.. it's not new.

Just a conclution odd way to think thatmaybe they have a few dozen secret people like normal family people getting paid to do the visit dream world and put the roses there just for publicity stunt to show on the news,.. I have this weird feeling these people are getting paid to do these things and to visit dreamworld just to show as if there are big numbers of visitors.. I think no one would had knew that, But think about it this way.. If your house is fired up in flames and have nothing... how interesting a family drives past and suddently comes out and gives you spare unwanted clean clothes and a fan or a radio or food in a box.. by strangers.. by a stranger.. maybe suppose that stranger was getting paid to do this... So they look like nice people doing the right thing infront of the camera news... I always get this feeling that there are these secret people where they get paid to do this just so they all look like ordinary people behind the news reporter. And how interesting people from the city council coming to show the so what support. But then it all goes to talk about (numbers) low numbers at dreamworld.. they do this so that they bring hope of more people in a tiny theme park called dreamworld.

Dreamworld has been there for lots of years and not much changed has been done.. only a new ride every now and then but the whole map of dreamworld is tiny just like 2000 and 1995 and 1990... so on.

So that's what disturbs me as they change the subject to more of the they care more of the numbers visiting dreamworld in a day and less about what exactly happend. Maybe Dreamworld and many others should consider making the theme park more bigger.. It's tiny when you think about it.

---------------------

Now BIG BROTHER HOUSE next to Dreamworld or in Dreamworld theme park. If the house is still standing there. It;s because this show is on a collition of a pause at the moment. Otherwise they would had bulldoze it by now.

Just because they have cleared out trees doesn't mean a business person is going to built a shopping centre just because dreamworld is next door. Australia is huge.. plenty of space else where without interupting locations or sqaushing things one to another.

I haven't heard much of big brother australia on the so what (news) on googles... It's sad to think to wonder when will big brother return.. Ah yes memories of big brother 2001 lots of memories and the promos. It will return aventually and on channel 10. Channel 9 only took over the show as a lease temporary trial if you think about it. But it will return aventually mainly on channel 10. Yes posible Foxtel. And posible full enture repeats of the daily shows and full evictions shows of the past on a new channel that may as well be a reality tv australia channel. Where shows such as Big brother.. it's a knock out... Hey hey its saturday and many more shows shown on many networks across the nation.

So think about it.. Is the Big brother house still standing? Good sign. They have bull doze tres near by but have they bull doze the big brother house ? upsolutely not. This is great news... the ideal was to reserve the area for future reference of big brother show. But i don't think they going to built such a shopping center right close to the theme park and the big brother house. Plenty of shopping centers all over the place in queensland. Far too many.

Ive watch big brother show live online from Germany. UK and Spain. And recently the Spain big brother version mainly goes on between November all thru christmas and follow by new years eve and all the way until end of january i think on a channel called (telecinco) which is tele 5 network in spain. To watch the videos in full aspect you need to register on the website. I'm glad countries like this still kicks on with big brother..

Mainly big brother australia would be on like around late april to early may and goes on for the number of weeks leading to the final. A time when the season isn't too hot and humid but same time a season when its not too cold to handle but just perfectly mainly between half Autumn and early Winter season.

Big brother may be quiet at the moment but it will return regardless... Just stay tune. And i do think it will happen (soon) but not later in time. When it does it will have the many familia faces specially Mike goldman and the game shows as well. Perhaps Grettel may pop up and bring back memories of big brother.

So i hope behind big brother unoficial website to keep on staying living and bring great news for us. Do the research and inform us viewers under the news feed of your page in relation to big brother australia.

It will return. But there is no such of (it will never return) it will return.. So long television is kicking in for the next 1000 or so years. Anything is posible.

But im very suprised how now recently we have Big brother fans who has now turn out to sound as if they (dont care about big brother anymore) so they sound as if they dont care about big brother... then i wonder why on earth they are on this website for to begin with. I geuss it is time for me to watch big brother 2001 and may Sarra-marrie dont sleep walk after the fish fingers again at midnight on the sofar. Great times to be honest.

thank you.

How many times do they have to ban you before you get the fucking point? No one other than @reepbot likes you... And his taste and morals are EXTREMELY questionable...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back