Skip to main content

2015 - 2016 Media Articles Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's so surreal. So read out the article when I was in a room at work with about 20 people in Brisbane and everyone in the room had been on the ride at some stage - it's one of the rides you "do" when you go to Dreamworld. One of colleagues had took her 2.5 year old on it a few weeks ago. It always seemed "harmless". What a tragedy. Thinking of the friends and family of those lost, the survivors and all those who helped with rescue. It would have been incredibly traumatic for all involved.

Is it wrong that when I first heard about the Dreamworld accident, my mind quickly wandered to how it would have affected Big Brother if it were still in production?

The same thought occurred to me. I instantly wondered whether or not dreamworld would have allowed to run the live show and allow people to enter the auditoriu. Me and my mum had a long discussion. I would think that out of the respect of the families they wouldn't have a live audience present. However in saying that the auditorium is at the front of dreamworld so no one would be actually entering the park.

Is it wrong that when I first heard about the Dreamworld accident, my mind quickly wandered to how it would have affected Big Brother if it were still in production?

No. My first thought was that the wipeout ride had gone wrong. Though I suppose if that ride failed then the death count would be much higher.

I didn't really think of big brother.

Well initially, Channel 9 said that it was the Buzzsaw, typical CH 9, stating the "facts" before they even have them.

This isn't exactly an article about Big Brother, rather a lack of it ... in summary Network Ten have announced their 2017 Upfronts, where they claim to have a full 52-week line-up for the 7:30 pm slot (no gaps), yet no mention of Big Brother. I'm A Celebrity is returning again however, so perhaps a certain other network, one less than Ten, will once again think about Celebrity Big Brother? ... there have been on and off rumours of a CBB over the past couple of years ever since IAC premiered in Australia

Network Ten said:
TEN’s Growth Story Set To Continue
Network Ten News Release - 4 November 2016

The new domestic content includes The Biggest Loser: Transformed, Common Sense from the makers of Gogglebox, all-new episodes of the iconic series Russell Coight’s All Aussie Adventures and two major drama events, Wake In Fright and Sisters.
Returning content in 2017 includes proven successes such as MasterChef Australia, KFC Big Bash League, I’m A Celebrity... Get Me Out Of Here!, Gogglebox Australia, Have You Been Paying Attention?, Offspring, The Wrong Girl, The Project, Family Feud, The Living Room, Shark Tank, Australian Survivor, The Bachelor Australia, The Bachelorette Australia and many more.

Source: https://images.tenplay.com.au/~/media/Corporate Site Media/Files/Media Releases/2016/Network Tens Growth Story To Continue 2017 Content And Delivery Plans Announced.pdf

Only the bit about reality programming has been quoted. You can read the full news release (9 pages!) at https://images.tenplay.com.au/~/media/Corporate Site Media/Files/Media Releases/2016/Network Tens Growth Story To Continue 2017 Content And Delivery Plans Announced.pdf

I love this part, it almost seem like this is aimed squarely at Channel 9 and their mish-mash scheduling :smuggrin::
"Next year we will create year-round consistency in our 7.30pm franchises" - Network Ten Chief Executive Officer, Paul Anderson.

I'm A Celebrity is returning again however, so perhaps a certain other network, one less than Ten, will once again think about Celebrity Big Brother? ... there have been on and off rumours of a CBB over the past couple of years ever since IAC premiered in Australia

I wouldn't be surprised if they did attempt something but I cannot and will not support anything related to "that" network and BB... Nine pulling out yet another gimmicky BB series would just be another nail in BB's coffin...

Where would they host this hypothetical celebrity Big Brother if there was one? Surely not at Dreamworld after that tragic accident?

I don't care how much time passes or pr spin gets used that kind of stuff sticks.

Where would they host this hypothetical celebrity Big Brother if there was one? Surely not at Dreamworld after that tragic accident?

I don't care how much time passes or pr spin gets used that kind of stuff sticks.

I don't think will have any impact whatsoever... The issue is whether or not the house will still be standing if/when they plan to revive BB... Dreamworld don't own the land where the house sits and I'm sure it's only a matter of time before the owner cuts them off...

Wait - "all-new episodes of the iconic series Russell Coight’s All Aussie Adventures"?

Sign me the fuck up for that.

Reactions: Tee
I just had a random thought. What would have happened if the tragedy at Dreamworld had happened during a BBAU season? Would have been weird in the house for all the rides to fall silent and not know why... would they have told them? Would they have allowed the audiences in to the closed park for the evictions etc? :confused: I wonder how they would have handled it.

I just had a random thought. What would have happened if the tragedy at Dreamworld had happened during a BBAU season? Would have been weird in the house for all the rides to fall silent and not know why... would they have told them? Would they have allowed the audiences in to the closed park for the evictions etc? :confused: I wonder how they would have handled it.

I was thinking about this not long ago, the incident happened on October 25th and the park didn't open till December 10th. Had Big Brother been in air dreamwould would haven been closed most defiantly during the finale. I originally thought that out of respect for the families dreamworld wouldn't let live audiences in. But on the other hand would they really let the finale go ahead with no live audience?

I saw this article this morning

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...e/news-story/a5c5ae31e6dc1fcec77a1a72503bd75e

It talks about how all trace of the ride has been removed, including on the maps. It's not the only thing removed though......

fb35ea5705961e0d983a75a326e8d665

e06b668222cf8eab8b255218566d5d00

I was thinking about this not long ago, the incident happened on October 25th and the park didn't open till December 10th. Had Big Brother been in air dreamwould would haven been closed most defiantly during the finale. I originally thought that out of respect for the families dreamworld wouldn't let live audiences in. But on the other hand would they really let the finale go ahead with no live audience?
I was thinking generally though. The incident could have occurred at any time - many people had said they had noted problems with the ride before, so theoretically it could have happened bang in the middle of a season.

interesting that they've also closed off the Log ride.
that, totally erased the BB compound, and shortened the train track(?) that used to go right around the BB compound. I have never been there but I thought the BB compound was kind of isolated from the park?

that, totally erased the BB compound, and shortened the train track(?) that used to go right around the BB compound. I have never been there but I thought the BB compound was kind of isolated from the park?

Well I mean, the BB compound is understandably removed from the map due to redundancy -- no need to advertise something that's not open to the public anymore.

I was just under the impression that the log ride wouldn't have been closed, although perhaps they're still waiting on finalizing the safety checks. Though I'm sure some of the other rides that are still waiting on safety report conclusions would still be on the map.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back