Skip to main content

Deaths of Minor Celebrities

That's the one. I was devastated when they shut down. That doghouse show in the afternoons was hilarious.
I remember watching the very last song they played - chris knox not given lightly and being distraught. It was like when 89FM turned into 1ZB one day - rocked my world!!! Music channel deaths are like rock legend deaths

Ahh the days of Max TV :) Made good old RTR redundant!

They used to have Max: Most Wanted, so I made a video tape of my fave clips at the time... which later got made into a CD, and eventually MP3. Here it is, maybe I should make a Youtube playlist for it?

The Breeders - Cannonball
Urge Overkill - Positive Bleeding
Morphine - Buena Buena
Tom Petty - Last Dance With Mary Jane
Stone Temple Pilots - Creep
U2 - One
k.d. lang - Moving
The Badloves - Green Limousine
Redd Kross - Yesterday Once More
Stone Temple Pilots - Interstate Love Song
Soundgarden - Black Hole Sun
U2 - Mysterious Ways
Cracker - Low
Stone Temple Pilots - Plush

(yes three Stone Temple Pilots tunes but anyway). This track list is a huge departure for me, a gayboy who lived on an ABBA and disco diet previously. Max TV made me realise you cannot dismiss any musical genre because there'll always be exceptions.

They used to have Max: Most Wanted, so I made a video tape of my fave clips at the time... which later got made into a CD, and eventually MP3. Here it is, maybe I should make a Youtube playlist for it?

The Breeders - Cannonball
Urge Overkill - Positive Bleeding
Morphine - Buena Buena
Tom Petty - Last Dance With Mary Jane
Stone Temple Pilots - Creep
U2 - One
k.d. lang - Moving
The Badloves - Green Limousine
Redd Kross - Yesterday Once More
Stone Temple Pilots - Interstate Love Song
Soundgarden - Black Hole Sun
U2 - Mysterious Ways
Cracker - Low
Stone Temple Pilots - Plush

(yes three Stone Temple Pilots tunes but anyway). This track list is a huge departure for me, a gayboy who lived on an ABBA and disco diet previously. Max TV made me realise you cannot dismiss any musical genre because there'll always be exceptions.
I have a few vids from the Max and RTR days I have no idea if they would even play, as I don't have a vhs machine that works anymore, but I can't bear to throw them out!

I have incredibly vague memories of that show. I was just a bub when it was made, but in NZ in those days they took several years to air overseas shows. Even so, I would still have been pretty young. I remember the terms "electrickery" and "telling-bone" but really nothing else about it.

There was something about that show I just didn't like, but I can't remember what it was. I just remember whenever it came on I would always go and do something else til it finished.

The last time music was really good :p I don't like anything too heavy, but Soundgarden and some other nineties bands hit the right balance. MAX was great, and Channel [V] when they actually played music. I love that 'Low' by Cracker from your playlist, timmy.

I'm so sad about Chris Cornell. I lived through the grunge era and remember how exciting music was in the early 90's. Chris Cornell was so talented and had such an amazing voice. Up there with Robert Plant as far as rock voices go. He seemed so down to earth but bloody drugs, alcohol and mental illness always seem to touch the great ones. RIP.

ahhh never mind... she's still alive - dammit

(Imelda Marcos was reported dead)

Last edited:
They're not quite going down like ninepins like last year and there are less obviously famous people, but it's happening, all the same. Part of the cycle of life.

Back