Skip to main content

So...Back with "revised format"?

Mike Goldman is (hilariously) a poor source for information. He'll tell anyone that will listen at any point in time that it's going to come back, even when he hasn't heard a thing.

Like i said take it with a grain of salt. But even though he might be unreliable, he would still know more than what we do, considering he has narrated all 11 seasons. Not disputing it because i think it's never a confirmed source either to be honest!

He might not be in the inner circle anymore though?
I don't think there is even a circle at the moment.

As for Mike I do think he was a great narrator and unlike a certain UK voiceover act he never became a parody of himself or treat viewers like absolute idiots - his narration style really wasn't too different on Channel 9 to the Ten era.

However IMO he was an absolutely awful host.

As for Mike I do think he was a great narrator

IMO they could have replaced Mike and the difference would have been barely noticeable... I agree with you about Marcus though... He's the epitome of why the show is failing...

Well X Factor Australia has confirmed to be closed for 2017 and possibly 2018. Do you think this opens a door for BBAU on channel 7? Do you WANT it to be on channel 7 (first or second choice), and/or do you THINK it might be on this channel? Why?

Take a look at Married at first sight, I am watching the repeat of the first show, and it looks like a strange new BB/Farmer Wants a Wife/Bachelor hybrid.

20 people!.....LIVING TOGETHER....fake marriages=teams.......ALL LIVING TOGETHER IN ONE HOUSE.....then they are let out to do farmer type stuff, real world, family.
The ALL TOGETHER ONE HOUSE ...I might just watch this bit, and its repeated heaps so you can catch it 3 times a day.

Take a look at Married at first sight, I am watching the repeat of the first show, and it looks like a strange new BB/Farmer Wants a Wife/Bachelor hybrid.

20 people!.....LIVING TOGETHER....fake marriages=teams.......ALL LIVING TOGETHER IN ONE HOUSE.....then they are let out to do farmer type stuff, real world, family.
The ALL TOGETHER ONE HOUSE ...I might just watch this bit, and its repeated heaps so you can catch it 3 times a day.

Agreed, it's noticeably similar, too similar...
Will watch

Also noticed Foxtel EPG says S4 E1 !
I thought this was a new show?

How many seasons of BB was there? 3 was it? And then this? - the shows are too similar for that not to be a coincidence
I'll still be watching
Just my two cents worth

Reactions: kxk
Not a new show, but new format. Have a crowd is new, the house is new, all of it is new actually.
First couple of series they just get married and try living together, come back for a dinner and then piss off after they all decide they hate each other.
Somebody decided they could make it a much bigger show, and it was quite hilarious last night, the Scot Dad telling the daughter run he is a dork.

Agreed, it's noticeably similar, too similar...
Will watch

Also noticed Foxtel EPG says S4 E1 !
I thought this was a new show?

How many seasons of BB was there? 3 was it? And then this? - the shows are too similar for that not to be a coincidence
I'll still be watching
Just my two cents worth

Married At First Site:
Season One - 2015
Season Two - 2016
Season Three - 2016
Season Four 2017

Big Brother:
Season 1 - 2001
Season 2 - 2002
Season 3 - 2003
Season 4 - 2004
Season 5 - 2005
Season 6 - 2006
Season 7 - 2007
Season 8 - 2008
Season 9 - 2012
Season 10 - 2013
Season 11 - 2014

To be honest, although I don't intently watch Married At First Site, I do find it intriguing...

I don't think there is even a circle at the moment.

If there is any discussions of bringing it back, Mike would probably know know people involved. The Australian TV industry isn't that big. Something like BB isn't something that they can start short notice. Have crews and equipment at the drop of a hat. Also a lot of work would be done on budgeting before a decision is made.

One thing which I haven't seen mentioned here, Dreamworld may be particularly keen to have the show back. Obviously they can't decide to bring it back, but they could make whatever their deal is with Endemol more attractive.

If there is any discussions of bringing it back, Mike would probably know know people involved. The Australian TV industry isn't that big. Something like BB isn't something that they can start short notice. Have crews and equipment at the drop of a hat. Also a lot of work would be done on budgeting before a decision is made.

One thing which I haven't seen mentioned here, Dreamworld may be particularly keen to have the show back. Obviously they can't decide to bring it back, but they could make whatever their deal is with Endemol more attractive.

I think you are onto something - Dreamworld is at it's lowest point right now. Anything that brings people back would be a plus. And I agree with the Mike comment - even if he is not involved, he would know someone is involved

200_s.gif

WOW wtf!! Is that to protect their economic integrity or some shit, like wtf theyre not going to be making anymore money with a show they're not producing anymore.

@buck07 it's not just blocked in Australia, this is what I get in Cambodia (VPN turned off) so they may have blocked it worldwide, in which case I'm surprised they didn't just remove it altogether:

This video contains content from Endemol Shine Australia, who has blocked it in your country on copyright grounds.
Sorry about that.

There'll be some company contracted by Endemol to do it. Probably automated. The Youtube system is notoriously shitty and also favours established media.

Back