Skip to main content

US 2016 Presidential Election

Oh watch this genius clip

https://www.youtube.com/embed/7LFkN7QGp2c

“Trump can’t read”:
Samantha Bee comes up with the best US election conspiracy theory so far

In a US political climate filled with conspiracy theories—whether about Hillary Clinton’s body double running her campaign or Donald Trump’s supposed desire to drop out of the election at the eleventh hour—there’s another secret storyline staring us right in the face, and comedian Samantha Bee is on it: Trump can’t read.

On her TBS show Full Frontal, for a new segment called “People are Saying,” Bee perfectly parodies the creation of a conspiracy theory. It’s an excellent display of how, if looking for evidence of something sinister, one’s bound to find it.
“After seeing how easy and fun it is to find random scraps of evidence and spin them into random conspiracy theories,” Bee explains, “we decided to do it ourselves.” Indeed, she didn’t have to look far to substantiate the suspicion that Trump could be illiterate. What else could explain his distinct lack of interest in books? His frequent misuse of words? His inability to follow a script?

Pretty obvious if you ask Bee. He can’t read—that’s what people are saying.

http://www.sbs.com.au/guide/article...mes-best-us-election-conspiracy-theory-so-far

The clip is hilarious, he does exactly what illiterate people do. I forgot my glasses, alarm bells, always check people can read what they are signing. Illiteracy is far more common than most realise, sadly.

This clip also illustrates his famed poor vocab, apparently he has about 200 words, he loves all words that begin with T, tremendous, terrific get bashed over, and over.

You are wrong and you will see what happens.
Obama did nothing to foment tensions. People who hated him because of his skin color hated him because of his father and gave his white mother no credit.

Obama is a brilliant man and a fantastic leader. The opposition can barely stand to give him any credit but they expect respect for their candidate completely oblivious to their own hypocrisy and disrespect to a sitting president. Obama will be remembered for ages.

Trump will be just another Republican president on the trash heap of history like Nixon and Bush.

My concern is the damage to the environment and to people living here that he will cause before he's gone and forgotten.
Respectfully disagree

Trump doesn't indicate. I've met some turnips, yes.

i don't think trump drives. as he is rich he has someone else do it for him.

but if he did drive he wouldn't indicate. he would be like: "RIGHT? LEFT? WHO KNOWS?"

and it would be dangerous for us all.

were the turnips polite? i heard that they can be a bit stand offish. which is troubling in a way i think.

i don't think trump drives. as he is rich he has someone else do it for him.

but if he did drive he wouldn't indicate. he would be like: "RIGHT? LEFT? WHO KNOWS?"

and it would be dangerous for us all.

were the turnips polite? i heard that they can be a bit stand offish. which is troubling in a way i think.
The turnips were mostly roasted or in that Chinese turnip 'cake' thing you get at yum Cha which is surprisingly yummy. They definitely weren't IMpolite.

The turnips were mostly roasted or in that Chinese turnip 'cake' thing you get at yum Cha which is surprisingly yummy. They definitely weren't IMpolite.

that is good to know. i hope Trump doesn't ban turnips not that i think he would but you never quite know with him.

that is good to know. i hope Trump doesn't ban turnips not that i think he would but you never quite know with him.
I reckon turnips will outlast Trump. I would place my money on turnips to be around after Trump does or does not take office or leaves or gets booted out (or even voted out) of office.

There's also the (slim) possibility that some of the Republicans' electoral college voters won't actually vote for Trump. Maybe sufficient a number of them just won't be able to stomach the thought of him as president, and may possibly also be swayed by the fact that Hillary got 2.7 million more votes than Trump. This election is not over yet. Not until, I think, 20 January.

I reckon turnips will outlast Trump. I would place my money on turnips to be around after Trump does or does not take office or leaves or gets booted out (or even voted out) of office.

Well I hope you are right. But just in case I think the turnips should start to protest. You know, just to get on the front foot against any Trump anti-turnip policies.

This thing about the Russian interference in the election - I don't understand why this isn't a super yuge story. It's effectively an attack on the democratic processes of the United States, a strategic rival influencing an election result for their own benefit. They should be thinking about this like it was another 9/11, or the start of a new Cold War. I hope at least their security agencies behind the scenes are treating this as something massive, because the politicians and the media don't seem to get very excited about it, like it's too embarassing or something.

Reactions: kxk
This thing about the Russian interference in the election - I don't understand why this isn't a super yuge story. It's effectively an attack on the democratic processes of the United States, a strategic rival influencing an election result for their own benefit. They should be thinking about this like it was another 9/11, or the start of a new Cold War. I hope at least their security agencies behind the scenes are treating this as something massive, because the politicians and the media don't seem to get very excited about it, like it's too embarassing or something.
It's insane isn't it?

Some on point tweets:

Elliott Lusztig ‏@ezlusztig 8h8 hours ago
Boy it's sure looking like Republicans sold out their country to a hostile foreign power to win an election, isn't it?

David French ‏@DavidAFrench 7h7 hours ago
Imagine, Republicans, what you would think after losing a close election, then finding out Russia was interfering on Hillary's behalf.

Dan Pfeiffer ‏@danpfeiffer 9h9 hours ago
To summarize:
Trump praises Putin
Trump publicly urges Putin to hack opponent
Putin hacks opponent Trump wins
Trump denies Putin's role

twit.ig.guys ‏@IIInIIII 9h9 hours ago
ig - silverdaliwag

CzSbWnHUcAApSOk.jpg

CzSbWnGUQAAM7Mn.jpg

CzSbWnIUAAE0ez1.jpg

oh wait, maybe not that last one.

what was the reaction in Germany to Trump winning?
Shock. Merkel was 'diplomatic' but said something like I am sure we will be able to work together if we continue to abide by protocol.

Which was basically a message to trump not to try anything random and stupid with her.

Reactions: kxk
Shock. Merkel was 'diplomatic' but said something like I am sure we will be able to work together if we continue to abide by protocol.

Which was basically a message to trump not to try anything random and stupid with her.

You mean like spy on their citizens?

Back