Skip to main content

Rank the winners of Big Brother Australia

This is hard one for me because I actually don't feel any of the HM's who ended up winning (bar two) should've won at all. Regina will always be the most deserving winner though, hands down. Followed closely by Aleisha.

As far as game play goes, both Tim and Ben from Ch9's era did very well on a strategic level. Personal feelings aside, both were in the house for the sole purpose of winning. In the end, they both succeeded in doing that, so I have to give them that.

I don't really believe Terri should have won. From the beginning, the entire BB08 season was blatantly manipulated in her favour.

Also, for a long time the "typical BBAU winner" was a male HM who got through their season without doing very much at all. Peter and Trevor were two HM's who avoided eviction week after week, purely because they stepped back and didn't get involved in any drama or action whatsoever. Both are also generally remembered for one thing - Peter for his "sob story" about his parents' tragic death and Trevor for "being funny" and pulling pranks. By doing not much else, these became our reasons for voting them to win, purely because they were one of only two people left with somebody Australia had more reasons for not letting win. Both won purely by default, in my opinion.

To an extent, Greg, Jamie and BB01's Ben almost fall into this category too, albeit to a different degree. And then there's Ryan... who we're not even going to mention.

In most cases, there's always one other HM (usually the runner-up or third-last evictee) that I kinda feel was the "real" overall winner of their respective seasons (i.e. Sara-Marie, Vesna, Tim, Paul, etc), but I guess that's usually the case on most reality shows.

If they must be ranked, I'll probably just rate as follows:
  • Regina (BB03)
  • Aleisha (BB07)
  • Ben (BB01)
  • Tim (BB10)
  • Ben (BB09)
  • Jamie (BB06)
  • Greg (BB05)
  • Terri (BB08)
  • Peter (BB02)
  • Trevor (BB04)
  • Ryan (BB11)

This is hard one for me because I actually don't feel any of the HM's who ended up winning (bar two) should've won at all. Regina will always be the most deserving winner though, hands down. Followed closely by Aleisha.

As far as game play goes, both Tim and Ben from Ch9's era did very well on a strategic level. Personal feelings aside, both were in the house for the sole purpose of winning. In the end, they both succeeded in doing that, so I have to give them that.

I don't really believe Terri should have won. From the beginning, the entire BB08 season was blatantly manipulated in her favour.

Also, for a long time the "typical BBAU winner" was a male HM who got through their season without doing very much at all. Peter and Trevor were two HM's who avoided eviction week after week, purely because they stepped back and didn't get involved in any drama or action whatsoever. Both are also generally remembered for one thing - Peter for his "sob story" about his parents' tragic death and Trevor for "being funny" and pulling pranks. By doing not much else, these became our reasons for voting them to win, purely because they were one of only two people left with somebody Australia had more reasons for not letting win. Both won purely by default, in my opinion.

To an extent, Greg, Jamie and BB01's Ben almost fall into this category too, albeit to a different degree. And then there's Ryan... who we're not even going to mention.

In most cases, there's always one other HM (usually the runner-up or third-last evictee) that I kinda feel was the "real" overall winner of their respective seasons (i.e. Sara-Marie, Vesna, Tim, Paul, etc), but I guess that's usually the case on most reality shows.

If they must be ranked, I'll probably just rate as follows:
  • Regina (BB03)
  • Aleisha (BB07)
  • Ben (BB01)
  • Tim (BB10)
  • Ben (BB09)
  • Jamie (BB06)
  • Greg (BB05)
  • Terri (BB08)
  • Peter (BB02)
  • Trevor (BB04)
  • Ryan (BB11)

Thinking about how different Ryan and Tim were in their gameplay is what inspired me to make this thread in the first place.

I'd go:
  • Regina (BB03)
  • Tim (BB10)
  • Aleisha (BB07)
...but the rest were either incredibly boring (equal middle rank):
  • Ben (BB01); Peter (BB02); Trevor (BB04); Ryan (BB11)
...followed by just plain awful:
  • Jamie (BB06)
  • Greg (BB05)
  • Ben (BB09)
  • Terri (BB08)

I wanted Vesna to win. I can't remember anyone else.

EDIT: Oh wait! I didn't want Terri to win. And I liked that lovely boy in the corset.

Ok. I'm done now. Obviously 15 minutes of fame was far too much time for most of them.

EDIT: Oh wait! I didn't want Terri to win. And I liked that lovely boy in the corset.

Ok. I'm done now. Obviously 15 minutes of fame was far too much time for most of them.

Channel nine housemates seem to be stretching those 15 minutes. Guess they got lucky their seasons were in the age of social media growth.

Vesna and Tim were both robbed by the Logans. The other HMs busted the Logans as twins, but instead of being punished they were both allowed to stay. Very strange decision by producers. The HMs should have evicted one immediately (even if they didn't know which was which). Huge disappointment.

I kind of think Tim was the same way... Maybe not as blatantly manipulated but lets be honest... But from someone that only watched a handful of episodes it was clear from the moment he set foot in the house he was the chosen one...
I wouldn't say exactly from the beginning, but definitely once Ben left he was. How can anyone forget the blatant forcefeeding of Ben since Day 1... he shouldn't have even been let it in the house, he was hardly psychologically capable.

I wouldn't say exactly from the beginning, but definitely once Ben left he was. How can anyone forget the blatant forcefeeding of Ben since Day 1... he shouldn't have even been let it in the house, he was hardly psychologically capable.

I still remember that birthday celebration he had with Bert and Patti Newton during his time in the house.

I didn't see the the first 2 seasons, so I won't comment on the winners. I have mixed opinions on the other winners.

I loved Reggie, Tim and Aleisha. Greg and Terrinwere OK. Trevor and Ryan were boring, but reasonably inoffensive. Jamie annoyed me for mist of season 6, and I COULD NOT STAND Ben from 2012.

I think one of the problems with the Channel 10 series was the 'Vote to Evict' system. It meant that the more interesting people would be voted out early, while the boring people would survive by flying under the radar. Vote to Save worked reasonably well in flushing out the bores (Ryan was the exception, but I think that season had so many other problems that impacted the final result).

I agree about their being a bias towards Terri in 2008. She was evicted in a snap at the beginning of the season, but was let back in. In comparison, Michael and Barney were evicted in a snap and never got a second chance. Then there was the showing of the voting percentages at the finale. I personally preferred Terri to Rory or Ben, but it was obvious they helped her by showing the tally twice. I would have preferred Alice or Travis from that season though.

I disagree about Tim being the producers' pick to win though. Maybe I'm biased because I'm a Tim fan, but I think the producers saw Tim as more of a villain who would provide entertainment value before eventually being booted, rather than the eventual winner. If anything, it was Ben who was being built up as the loveable sweetheart. While both Tim and Ben gained a lot of attention, Tim actually did things to warrant the cameras being on him (fake birthday, putting himself up for eviction). What did Ben actually do to warrant constant screen time?

Anyway, my preferences would be:

• Reggie (BB03)
  • Tim (BB10)
  • Aleisha (BB07)
  • Greg (BB05)
  • Terri (BB08)
  • Trevor (BB04)
  • Ryan (BB11)
  • Jamie (BB06)
  • Ben (BB09)

I didn't see the the first 2 seasons, so I won't comment on the winners. I have mixed opinions on the other winners.

I loved Reggie, Tim and Aleisha. Greg and Terrinwere OK. Trevor and Ryan were boring, but reasonably inoffensive. Jamie annoyed me for mist of season 6, and I COULD NOT STAND Ben from 2012.

I think one of the problems with the Channel 10 series was the 'Vote to Evict' system. It meant that the more interesting people would be voted out early, while the boring people would survive by flying under the radar. Vote to Save worked reasonably well in flushing out the bores (Ryan was the exception, but I think that season had so many other problems that impacted the final result).

I agree about their being a bias towards Terri in 2008. She was evicted in a snap at the beginning of the season, but was let back in. In comparison, Michael and Barney were evicted in a snap and never got a second chance. Then there was the showing of the voting percentages at the finale. I personally preferred Terri to Rory or Ben, but it was obvious they helped her by showing the tally twice. I would have preferred Alice or Travis from that season though.

I disagree about Tim being the producers' pick to win though. Maybe I'm biased because I'm a Tim fan, but I think the producers saw Tim as more of a villain who would provide entertainment value before eventually being booted, rather than the eventual winner. If anything, it was Ben who was being built up as the loveable sweetheart. While both Tim and Ben gained a lot of attention, Tim actually did things to warrant the cameras being on him (fake birthday, putting himself up for eviction). What did Ben actually do to warrant constant screen time?

Anyway, my preferences would be:

• Reggie (BB03)
  • Tim (BB10)
  • Aleisha (BB07)
  • Greg (BB05)
  • Terri (BB08)
  • Trevor (BB04)
  • Ryan (BB11)
  • Jamie (BB06)
  • Ben (BB09)

Alice was so boring.

My favorites from 2008 were Ben and Bianca.

Back