Skip to main content

BBUSA 14 - Episode discussion thread

I just started the first episode of the fourteenth season of BBUS. I like the whole idea of no public voting (for viewing purposes though, wouldn't want that in BBAU) and their casting seems to be a lot more diverse then ours.

You realize that the format can be retooled to include public voting in one way or another... Right? BBUK in it's glory days was enough for me but in recent years the traditional format seems stale, bland, and has gotten way nastier than BBUS... I think a US format could work in Australia under a different name and some minor tweeks...

she was robbed imo in the sense that most of the jury were only voting personally. obviously the jury is one thing but not the only. i rather hear an overall opinion of why you're gonna vote for one person and not the other than just a one-sided pov. as Marcellas has said most of em were voting that way. oh well though. it happens.

she was robbed imo in the sense that most of the jury were only voting personally. obviously the jury is one thing but not the only. i rather hear an overall opinion of why you're gonna vote for one person and not the other than just a one-sided pov. as Marcellas has said most of em were voting that way. oh well though. it happens.

As I said above Big Brother is just as much of a social game and the jury are entitled to vote based on their personal opinions as well as how well a person played the game... Also again it's not at if Lisa didn't "play the game" it was simply a matter of Lisa playing in a more understated manner...

As I said above Big Brother is just as much of a social game and the jury are entitled to vote based on their personal opinions as well as how well a person played the game... Also again it's not at if Lisa didn't "play the game" it was simply a matter of Lisa playing in a more understated manner...
yea i pretty much put that out there. just said it wasn't the only. i don't think Lisa played shit though.

I just started the first two episodes of BBUS. I find it a lot more 'reality' then our one. Everyone seems kinda fake though... but it's interesting so far.

Makes me realize on how our one is more of a 'documentary' and 'real'

There is no doubt the shows are edited to shit and it's all cast to type, but the core format is very strong and very present throughout all episodes, unlike the more traditional format where you basically have a show with nominations, an eviction show and then 4-5 nights of filler.

There is no doubt the shows are edited to shit and it's all cast to type, but the core format is very strong and very present throughout all episodes, unlike the more traditional format where you basically have a show with nominations, an eviction show and then 4-5 nights of filler.

I think BBUS could use a bit more filler content from time to time... After 14 season I've really gotten tired of these constant game driven story lines... However watching the traditional format for any extended period of time can be a bit tedious especially when they all hate each other... At least on BBUS when the HM's hate each other there's still the element of strategy...

I will say the one thing about BBUS is there is always strategy and alliances shifting week to week. We get 24/7 live feeds every year since season 1 and that truly is where you see the tension, strategy, breakdowns and alliances in the house. Difference which I like about AU and UK (plus the others) is the public votes. After season 1 here they shifted to the HM's which does create an atmosphere in the house where you do need those alliances to save ones butt. Strategy is key. Our competitions for Head of Household, Veto Power, Have Nots for food are really not as good as the tasks you are given, but they are played to save someone from eviction and shift power. IMO they are just stupid games except for endurance comps. Those do bring out the best competitors. I believe many of us would like the public vote back.

The prime time TV episodes are rather boring to those of us who watch the live feeds as they spend too much time in the front recapping previous shows and then pass off to the silly games. Regular TV viewers never get to see really what happens behind the scenes which is sad as they are edited by CBS to play favorites. You are right in saying story lines are not played.

I have watched since season 1. I provided live feed updates for a site for 4yrs and yes I love BB. However, I enjoy both AU and UK live shows far better then my own. They show HM's in a much better social setting. The producers just have not risen to the level of yours and Allison Grodner needs to listen to the public as sadly it is falling apart. Props to you'all!!!

I have watched every episode of yours this year and I have thoroughly enjoyed it. We have our bitchy Ben's, funny Stacy's, weird Estelle's and boring Zoe's (my opinions just on some knowing as well we all have our favorites) and as each version cheer for our fav's and bitch with others on forums when they don't agree. I still respect anyone's opinions as truthfully I believe we support those we feel more connection too as of ourselves.

Sorry to ressurect a four year old thread, but I have been watching this season over the past few days and I must say that so far I have really enjoyed it.

my thoughts so far.

- I know that Ian wins the whole thing. During the first two weeks apparently he was very creepy and annoying. But either he got a talking to or they just stopped showing because so far it has not been brought back up again.

It is funny seeing them dismiss Ian this early in the game. They don't even consider him a threat yet.

His only big move so far was to join an alliance called the quack pack.

That thing with Ashley was very cringey.

- Willie went from a Prince to a Pauper and he did not like that one bit. Glad he left.

- Dan seems to be involved, but not too involved yet. He's probably biding his time.

- Boogie i think has made a mistake by throwing all his eggs in one basket in the form of Frank. I mean Frank is the only one that Boogie seems to talk to about strategy. He tried to be a wingman to Ian, but I don't think he even knows Jenn's name!

So yeah that is my thoughts so far.

Usually a returning evictee is always before the jury stage, which is probably fair, but it would be interesting to see the first 3-4 jurors get the chance to return and make the final 5-6 or so.
Just reading back this thread worth noting that since I made this post the first BB Canada in 2013 and I think every US series since have had the first few jurors get the chance to return.

Finished it a couple of days ago.

I think Ian owes a lot of his win to his friendship in the house with Britney. Without her he would not have still been in the game. But I have to say that he did well once she left.

Dan is a genius. The way he had Danielle wrapped around his finger was amazing to see.

Frank only has himself to blame. Apparently I was reading on reddit that Frank came back in the house and he was still pissed off at Dan.

Mike Boogie seems like the kind of guy that buys booze for underage kids. I get that kind of skeevy feeling from him.

All in all I enjoyed it very much that Big Brother season.

Mike Boogie seems like the kind of guy that buys booze for underage kids. I get that kind of skeevy feeling from him.

I certainly don't feel the same way towards him as you do... That said I still have to question why BB asked him back for this series... I mean he would never have been asked back for BB: AllStars if Will hadn't refused to participate if Mike wasn't in there with him... He also owes 99.9999999% of his win that series to Will...

BB14 might be my least favorite season of them all, which is pretty remarkable considering BB16 exists and considering that BBUS is generally garbage.

I just think it's an easy season to hate because every Big Character sucks. Frank is awful, Boogie is awful, Dan is AWFUL, Ian is not good at all, Britney not funny, Danielle could have been great but was given a townsperson edit, etc. The newbie cast is just so bad and forgettable, like who is Wil? Kara? JoJo? Shane? Jenn? even Ashley and Joe?

I also think that Dan is in particular is AWFUL since he's a complete fraud and a used car salesman. Like, he's hyper aware of the fact that Big Brother tries to present itself as a legitimate competition, and thus he's overly meta for the purpose of making ~good TV~. The entire season is dictated by what Dan thought would make entertaining television and it just ended up falling entirely flat.

I just think it's an easy season to hate because every Big Character sucks. Frank is awful, Boogie is awful, Dan is AWFUL, Ian is not good at all, Britney not funny, Danielle could have been great but was given a townsperson edit, etc. The newbie cast is just so bad and forgettable, like who is Wil? Kara? JoJo? Shane? Jenn? even Ashley and Joe?

I also think that Dan is in particular is AWFUL since he's a complete fraud and a used car salesman. Like, he's hyper aware of the fact that Big Brother tries to present itself as a legitimate competition, and thus he's overly meta for the purpose of making ~good TV~. The entire season is dictated by what Dan thought would make entertaining television and it just ended up falling entirely flat.

Dan (Whispering to Danielle): Trust me Danielle....me and you final two. I'm your friend. Now vote out Ian......

Dan (In the diary room): NOW I'VE GOT DANIELLE TO VOTE OUT IAN I HAVE A CHANCE TO WIN THIS THING. IT MAY NOT BE PRETTY. BUT I GOTTA BE RUTHLESS TO WIN IT ALL!

Also Ian reminded me of Bradley 2012 in a way. That awkwardness combined with low self esteem due to weak body type and inexperience with women. Big difference though was that Ian had a bigger capacity for humility and self-reflection.

Back