Skip to main content

Last movie you saw

10 Cloverfield Lane

Off the bat, this has nothing to do with Cloverfield. So don't expect a giant monster, found footage and so forth. This is it's own thing and it's very good. John Goodman is incredibly good. Mary Elizabeth Winstead is also good.

Best to go in knowing as little as possible. It's very good.

I was wondering if it was a sequel. I will watch this.[DOUBLEPOST=1462890489][/DOUBLEPOST]
1950's movie. Elizabeth Taylor, Rock Hudson, and James Dean.

Ohhhh I know of that film, but never watched it. :) but now I will.

ooo I wonder if I have that on blu ray and if I don't I must get it, love The Right Stuff. Saw it for the first time on the big screen at the Astor in Melbourne in the mid 90s./

ooo I wonder if I have that on blu ray and if I don't I must get it, love The Right Stuff. Saw it for the first time on the big screen at the Astor in Melbourne in the mid 90s./
Seen it at the astor too.
It certainly is a "big screen" movie.
The Wolfe book is a great read.

Lincoln- Spielberg managed to make a movie about a significantlly important historical event into something that would cure coffe addicted insomniacs.

Jason Bourne- Just a whole lot of needless violence. Why can't they just sit down and hug it out?

Star Trek Beyond- Beyond all hope more likely for this turgid piece of filth.

I saw 2 great little movies on flights recently.

MV5BMjI1MDQ2MDg5Ml5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwMjc2NjM5ODE@._V1_UX182_CR0,0,182,268_AL_.jpg

Love this movie, the boy is awesome, and Sam is the best ever as an old softie grouch.

And this Irish movie is gorgeous, about 14 year old boys
MV5BMjEzODA3MDcxMl5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwODgxNDk3NzE@._V1_UX182_CR0,0,182,268_AL_.jpg

Aww....this one is so sweet too, and full of great 80s music, it is great fun with the older stoner brother, and how they evolve.

saw Back to the future one and two. Two is a really dark movie with all the timeline stuf. one i like all the callbacks and how tightly plotted it seemed to be. wasn't a fan of the incest storyline.

From Russia With Love- The best Bond movie ever. That train fight was really something special. Also noticeable how small in scale everything was compared to the much later films.

Star Wars Trilogy- Enjoyable. I liked reading how it got made more though. How difficult it was and all that. But it worked and nearly 40 years later we are still talking about it.

I just rewatched Copycat which had two strong female leads in Sigourney Weaver and Holly Hunter. And no, it wasn't a rom-com with them competing for the prettiest dress or the handsomest groom.

I recall the best action hero of all time was also Sigourney Weaver as Ellen Ripley in the Alien movies.

What has happened to our strong female role models in film?

Clearly we need more screenwriters and producers willing to promote great roles for women. Why have we taken that step back from the 70's and 90's? Why can't our mothers, daughters and sisters be presidents, action heroes, inventors, cops, masterminds and stirrers? Why are we the second fiddle? Only there to be pretty and support our men? I don't want to be Lois Lane!

Young adult fiction is doing fine with Hunger Games and Divergent. But we need to be more in reality-based adult cinema than cute side-kicks and girlfriends. Kate Hudson needs to get serious and get a real job. For fuck's sake, people! Women are fucking awesome!

I just rewatched Copycat which had two strong female leads in Sigourney Weaver and Holly Hunter. And no, it wasn't a rom-com with them competing for the prettiest dress or the handsomest groom.

I recall the best action hero of all time was also Sigourney Weaver as Ellen Ripley in the Alien movies.

What has happened to our strong female role models in film?

Clearly we need more screenwriters and producers willing to promote great roles for women. Why have we taken that step back from the 70's and 90's? Why can't our mothers, daughters and sisters be presidents, action heroes, inventors, cops, masterminds and stirrers? Why are we the second fiddle? Only there to be pretty and support our men? I don't want to be Lois Lane!

Young adult fiction is doing fine with Hunger Games and Divergent. But we need to be more in reality-based adult cinema than cute side-kicks and girlfriends. Kate Hudson needs to get serious and get a real job. For fuck's sake, people! Women are fucking awesome!

I do not know, Jam. But let us hope it is rectified soon.

Saw The Fisher King. What a beautifully tragic movie. I think everyone should really watch this movie. it really makes you feel. or they dont have to watch it if they do not want to but please do or not.

I had an operation recently and was sick at home for a couple of weeks and I pretty much watched every Buster Keaton movie ever made on DVD and Youtube to cheer myself up. I love him. So funny and expressive, and his stunts were amazing. No CGI. :wideyed:

Back