Skip to main content

Big Brother UK 2016 - Starts 7th June 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brekkie

Staff member
Time for a new thread as pre-season really gets into gear - it's been confirmed today the series will begin week commencing 4th June - so probably the 9th or the 10th based on previous seasons. It had been expected to be delayed a few more weeks due to the building work (new additional house, new studio) and Emma's pregnancy (she gave birth on May 4th), but seems now it'll launch at about the same time as most recent series. The eye was released a couple of days ago.

A press release has been issued highlighting what they'll be passing producer interference off as this year and confirming the house design:
Big Brother is back with an unpredictable new series. From Day One the Housemates will be under attack from an unseen ominous dark force that will have a dramatic and divisive effect on the House. Join Emma Willis live on launch night as the Housemates enter the unknown. Whilst things may appear to be straight forward Big Brother will ensure that no-one will have the entire picture. There may even be deeper connections at work? The Housemates are not alone and they should be prepared for paranoia and suspicion.

The Big Brother House has been transformed into a slick, stark monochrome world. Whilst everything may appear to be black and white – that certainly won’t be the case. Viewers should prepare for a ‘yin and yang’ style force to evolve Big Brother for a new generation. This force will affect the Housemates for better or for worse.

Read more: http://www.bbspy.co.uk/bb17/news/05...noia-suspicion-monochrome-house#ixzz49E7Y6SXl

Whilst the full ad, with the tagline "The Game is Changing", is all the better for not using the voice of Marcus Bentley. Best one C5 have done IMO:

Thanks to bbspy.co.uk

The new house and studio are up though still a bit of work to be done on the garden and new eviction set:
big-brother-latest-1.jpg

big-brother-house-2016-p3.jpg
big-brother-house-2016-.jpg

http://www.tellymix.co.uk/reality-t...016-latest-look-work-new-house-extension.html

Change is promised but whether it'll be enough to win back any lost fans I doubt it. What we want if a format with clear rules with no production interference, plus of course the return of 24/7 live feeds. Sadly the latter is more likely than the former.

...I sure hope that the outside studio and walk up ramp can be put undercover at the touch of a button or something... when it rained on one occasion the walkway was all wet and I had fears that people were going to slip and break something on the wet surface... oh!... I hope that they make the crowd less vocal this year and tell them that they are not allowed to boo and interrupt them while they are trying to interview the evictees... that really spoils the show as far as I'm concerned...

...so they are thinking that there may be a second house then?... in that article that you posted Brekkie they stated... "Whilst things may appear to be straight forward Big Brother will ensure that no-one will have the entire picture. There may even be deeper connections at work? The Housemates are not alone and they should be prepared for paranoia and suspicion."... perhaps a second house is a possibilty?... maybe a second house is the 'Yang' to the main house's 'Ying'?... interesting indeed... cheers.

I was just thinking we must be due for the summer edition of BB Uk. lo and behold I pop over here for a look and you are all over it.

Thank you.

Did I read somewhere that there was talk of combining Celebrity BB with the normal BB this year. Is that the game changer or have I got a weird memory.

I guess the BBUK bosses aren't such a big fan of babies. They photoshopped the photos of Emma (and the promo where she is sitting) to remove all traces of her pregnancy since they were done before she gave birth...

I guess the BBUK bosses aren't such a big fan of babies. They photoshopped the photos of Emma (and the promo where she is sitting) to remove all traces of her pregnancy since they were done before she gave birth...
makes sense to me, since she won't have the bump when she's hosting

It did seem odd they'd blurred the old garden yet not the new. I think it's known the pool has been removed - and really it's not like showing the old garden would give anything away. Just hope they don't try to pass off this second new house as "secret" when it's bloody obvious it's there!

It did seem odd they'd blurred the old garden yet not the new. I think it's known the pool has been removed - and really it's not like showing the old garden would give anything away. Just hope they don't try to pass off this second new house as "secret" when it's bloody obvious it's there!
theres no way it could be secret as im pretty sure the stage has two house entrances now, so the surprise would have to be whos in the house

theres no way it could be secret as im pretty sure the stage has two house entrances now, so the surprise would have to be whos in the house
It's current-day BBUK we are talking about here, so it's entirely possible they will try play it as a secret - even though it will be impossible to prevent any of the HM's from knowing about it. Since it was on the internet waaaaaaaaay before the cast was even close to be selected, let alone put into lockdown.

It's current-day BBUK we are talking about here, so it's entirely possible they will try play it as a secret - even though it will be impossible to prevent any of the HM's from knowing about it. Since it was on the internet waaaaaaaaay before the cast was even close to be selected, let alone put into lockdown.
just like how they try and act like its surprising when they do a fake eviction and put someone in a room to watch the other housemates

Well, I loved the Aussie 2 houses in season 3? Round House Square House? I thought it was quite memorable and fun. Just as long as they dont just give up on it within one or two weeks.... make USE of the differences.

The second time Australia did it... it had a perspex fence or something? And half rooms... not so memorable.
I think that was when I started to zone out from BBAU.

...if the studio is split into two houses with their own gardens and outdoor smoking areas it will hardly be a secret to the housemates that there is another secret house for the obvious reason that some of you have stated... it's all over the Internet... but also because they would easily be able to hear each other and would be able to call out to each other 'over the fence' so to speak just as someone called out from outside the studio that time in a previous season... so the 'housemates being shocked by a secret house' scenario shouldn't even be part of the show at all methinks!... cheers.

so rylans announced all the housemates are going into hiding, the twist is being revealed soon today and house pics tomorrow. im freaking out along with everyone else

screen-shot-2016-06-02-at-8-22-32-am-png.51526
So yeah, they're trying to play it off as being a secret. And there have been rumours and articles for ages strongly suggesting that friends and/or family members will be in the two houses.

The only thing that is even a secret is when the two will merge.

Fucking dumbasses.

Sneaky House pics are up on the BBUK FB page.

13323803_1226918464060068_1463917553944346960_o.jpg

Here's the new living room, the first room our main housemates will see when they walk down those famous stairs.

(And if you look closely, you might spot an important door there, too.)

13301544_1226918467393401_3190903091675517724_o.jpg

Here's the bedroom. Prepare for some negotiating over who has to share with whom...

13320853_1226918460726735_4224528567378007915_o.jpg

Here's where our housemates will get ready to face the day. And with that window between the bedroom and the living room, there'll be nowhere to hide.

13340283_1226918514060063_2479430903105218429_o.jpg

Here's the new garden, complete with pool - we give it 10 minutes after they all move in before the first housemate jumps in.

13317011_1226918517393396_6014448182816466157_o.jpg

And while this looks pretty green as well, this is actually the bathroom. What do you reckon?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back