Skip to main content

Game of Thrones *may include spoilers*

Found this all a bit flat really this week - one of those episodes where only the final scene seems to really matter.

I'm really enjoying this season. Last week, I thought every storyline was great. This week, I'm with Bran in wanting to see more of the good old days. To see the truth behind the legends and open all the mystery boxes.

Where is Arya going? Is she really being brainwashed of her Starkness to be an assassin? Or will a girl be the one to knock off those last few names on Arya Stark's list? Who was it? Cersei, the Mountain and Frey? Cersei is clearly due for her humbling. Maybe at bottom, when she has attoned and clearly rep3nted and become likeable she can catch a Needle with her eye.

I like the hint of theology. I've never gotten why anyone follows the clearly fake 7 when obviously the Lord of Light is a deity that gets things done. But this explanation, that a mother's love is the presence of the Mother is cool. So, I guess courage or luck in a fight is from the Warrior. I could learn more about what the High Sparrow actually believes, and then this storyline might actually become interesting. Cersei and Jaime are just clearly toxic now, and when Dany returns, the realm will be ready to evict the Lannisters.

Jon Snow will figure into it somehow. Reunite the North with the south. Oh, man, the bakery up the road is making bread, and I'm gonna go make breakfast.

I'm really enjoying this season. Last week, I thought every storyline was great. This week, I'm with Bran in wanting to see more of the good old days. To see the truth behind the legends and open all the mystery boxes.
The trouble is it feels now that the history of what happened before the show began is far more interesting than what might happen in the future. Does anyone give a shit anymore about who might claim the Iron Throne?

Talking of which though if Tommen does die who is technically next in succession considering the Baratheon brothers are also dead?

Found this all a bit flat really this week - one of those episodes where only the final scene seems to really matter.
Tower of Joy scene mattered. But it was pretty lame. The dual sword wielding was pretty stupid.

The trouble is it feels now that the history of what happened before the show began is far more interesting than what might happen in the future. Does anyone give a shit anymore about who might claim the Iron Throne?

Talking of which though if Tommen does die who is technically next in succession considering the Baratheon brothers are also dead?

Gendry is a bastard, but he is Robert's son. Not that it matters much beyond blood. Beyond that the Baratheons are pretty done (in the show).

I think the flashbacks will prove that ye olde dayes were actually more mundane than the legend portray - that Eddard Stark's mighty victory was actually a bit dodgy, for example. This will highlight that when the Targarians reestablishing their reign that all that we have slogged through is just a blip in the history timeline. The Mad King was killed by Robert Barathean, until his death. His heirs, however were less capable, and the throne quickly reverted to Queen Danaerys.

The Game of Thrones is all in vain and all of vanity.

Back