Skip to main content

Last movie you saw

I don't think I have watched this film since the cinema where I saw it three times. I may have watched bits on foxtel over the years. I may have once watched it on bluray when that first came out. Watched it tonight on my projector in 3D. I must say, it is a damn good movie.
Over the years I think the lame hatred on the internet for it had kind of warped my view of the film. I always defended it. Hell defending it to the wankers trashing it over the sequel being delayed is what made me want to re-watch. I think the fact you tend to just read people trashing it. With the lame, 'fern gully' type shit. It did slightly make me think there was a crappy element to the film. That while there was lots of good stuff, there was something kind of shitty. Well, I have been corrected. The film is great start to finish. Well the end song is shit. Otherwise I thoroughly enjoyed returning to Pandora. I was emotionally engaged in the film, it still held an emotional punch. The story was really engaging. The visuals still are flapping phenomenal. You're never taken out of the fact a lot of the movie is CGI. The action was great. Sam Worthington was even good!
I think when these things aren't as fresh in your mind. General negativity online can slightly influence your opinion. Even if you're still positive, it does chip away. People talk about this film like it's on the level of Transformers or worse. Which to be honest I have enjoyed all those movies except the second. However those films have a kind of stupid shit which can be entertaining.

We should all be so lucky to have big block buster CGI filled films like Avatar. The film totally flapping holds up and despite all the, 'what cultural impact' shit people talk about. The film is a flapping modern classic.
flap the haters.

I caught The Dressmaker in the last days of screening - so very glad I did.

Such a thoroughly enjoyable film, beginning to end. Such fun, fab frocks, and packed with great Aussies acting their hearts out.
Judy is divine, Hugo is such fun.

Anyone going to attend the live Shakespeare events coming up?

I don't think I have watched this film since the cinema where I saw it three times. I may have watched bits on foxtel over the years. I may have once watched it on bluray when that first came out. Watched it tonight on my projector in 3D. I must say, it is a damn good movie.
Over the years I think the lame hatred on the internet for it had kind of warped my view of the film. I always defended it. Hell defending it to the wankers trashing it over the sequel being delayed is what made me want to re-watch. I think the fact you tend to just read people trashing it. With the lame, 'fern gully' type shit. It did slightly make me think there was a crappy element to the film. That while there was lots of good stuff, there was something kind of shitty. Well, I have been corrected. The film is great start to finish. Well the end song is shit. Otherwise I thoroughly enjoyed returning to Pandora. I was emotionally engaged in the film, it still held an emotional punch. The story was really engaging. The visuals still are flapping phenomenal. You're never taken out of the fact a lot of the movie is CGI. The action was great. Sam Worthington was even good!
I think when these things aren't as fresh in your mind. General negativity online can slightly influence your opinion. Even if you're still positive, it does chip away. People talk about this film like it's on the level of Transformers or worse. Which to be honest I have enjoyed all those movies except the second. However those films have a kind of stupid shit which can be entertaining.

We should all be so lucky to have big block buster CGI filled films like Avatar. The film totally flapping holds up and despite all the, 'what cultural impact' shit people talk about. The film is a flapping modern classic.
flap the haters.

didn't that movie start the trend of movie studios adding unnecessarry 3d to their upcoming movies? and then you would have shitty movies like final saw destination 5 in 3d?

didn't that movie start the trend of movie studios adding unnecessarry 3d to their upcoming movies? and then you would have shitty movies like final saw destination 5 in 3d?

Yeah it brought about the modern 3D movement. Still one of the best examples of 3D done correctly. As a lot of the technology was developed for this film. James Cameron knew the strengths and limitations of the 3D medium.
What annoys me with 3D these days is that most films are not shot in 3D. So when you watch something shot in 3D, it looks so much better. However it's cheaper and easier to post convert.

Yeah it brought about the modern 3D movement. Still one of the best examples of 3D done correctly. As a lot of the technology was developed for this film. James Cameron knew the strengths and limitations of the 3D medium.
What annoys me with 3D these days is that most films are not shot in 3D. So when you watch something shot in 3D, it looks so much better. However it's cheaper and easier to post convert.

i think james cameron is going to be releasing avatar 2 in 2017. or was it 2018?

i think james cameron is going to be releasing avatar 2 in 2017. or was it 2018?

It was tentatively scheduled for christmas 2017. Then Star Wars episode VIII got pushed back from May 2017 to December 2017. So then when asked Fox said Avatar was pushed back and didn't say until when.

Idiots online say it's because they are running scared of Star Wars. Which is stupid as Avatar made more money than the Force Awakens by a large margin. Especially internationally. It's done about half of what Avatar did internationally so far. Which is ONE BILLION dollars short. Star Wars will make more money during it's run, but no where near closing that cap.

For comparison, The Force Awakens has actually made less money internationally so far than the last Fast and Furious movie. Although it'll end up with more. Not much more though.

I believe Avatar 2-4 keeps getting pushed back as they work on the scripts and pre-production. I personally really like the approach they have done for the sequels. Obviously James Cameron is in charge, but he made a writers room of I think 6 other writers. They worked on breaking the three film story. They all then went in and worked on breaking each of the three films. Then go over it and so forth. Only then when all the films were mapped out. Did Cameron assign pairs of the writers to a film. They then went and wrote the scripts. They then brought the scripts make to the writers room and went over them. Doing rewrites and now it's just Cameron tinkering with the finished scripts. So they've gone above and beyond in trying to ensure the sequels have had a lot of time and effort into the writing process.

It was tentatively scheduled for christmas 2017. Then Star Wars episode VIII got pushed back from May 2017 to December 2017. So then when asked Fox said Avatar was pushed back and didn't say until when.

Idiots online say it's because they are running scared of Star Wars. Which is stupid as Avatar made more money than the Force Awakens by a large margin. Especially internationally. It's done about half of what Avatar did internationally so far. Which is ONE BILLION dollars short. Star Wars will make more money during it's run, but no where near closing that cap.

For comparison, The Force Awakens has actually made less money internationally so far than the last Fast and Furious movie. Although it'll end up with more. Not much more though.

I believe Avatar 2-4 keeps getting pushed back as they work on the scripts and pre-production. I personally really like the approach they have done for the sequels. Obviously James Cameron is in charge, but he made a writers room of I think 6 other writers. They worked on breaking the three film story. They all then went in and worked on breaking each of the three films. Then go over it and so forth. Only then when all the films were mapped out. Did Cameron assign pairs of the writers to a film. They then went and wrote the scripts. They then brought the scripts make to the writers room and went over them. Doing rewrites and now it's just Cameron tinkering with the finished scripts. So they've gone above and beyond in trying to ensure the sequels have had a lot of time and effort into the writing process.

Yes I have heard about all the re-writes that they are doing on these movies which I think will be good. no need to rush into these things. i am glad that james cameron has the patience to not rush into projects just for a cheap studio cash grab because he wants to wait until the technology and story is appropiate for the vision he is trying to create.

Toni Braxton - Unbreak My Heart doco movie.

Really enjoyed it. Was a fan of some of her songs & interesting to see what really happened on why she went bankrupt. For all her success she's had it tough, kinda makes me admire her even more.

Giant. Great film that explores America during the early 20th century, gender roles, racism both institutional and personal, rivalry, family, and the true meaning of happiness.

Reactions: Jam
I saw the movie "Carol" yesterday and thought it was exquisitely portrayed by Cate Blanchett and Rooney Mara.

A beautiful and somewhat sad love story.

Saw Steve Jobs. Fassbender, Rogen and Winslet were great. Dialogue was very enjoyable. I didn't really know much about Steve Jobs but it kind of made me want to find out more about him and his work.

10 Cloverfield Lane

Off the bat, this has nothing to do with Cloverfield. So don't expect a giant monster, found footage and so forth. This is it's own thing and it's very good. John Goodman is incredibly good. Mary Elizabeth Winstead is also good.

Best to go in knowing as little as possible. It's very good.

Batman vs Superman: Dawn of Justice

The films quite good but not great. The front end could have been tighted up, yet for being too long plot lines could have been developed better. Some things kind of make no sense. However everything is actually quite well done besides the story and pacing. Batman is probably the best Batman we've seen on film. Superman is good. I had no problem with Lex. It's a film I enjoyed, but I think I will need to see it again to make my mind up and I think I'll enjoyed it more. When I am less concerned on plot and can just enjoy it.

One odd thing is that there is a lot of unfounded negativity towards it. Reviews complaining it's not light hearted like the Marvel films. Well it's better than something like Age of Ultron, despite that being more "fun and funny." However this isn't trying to be a light action film. So complaining it isn't is down right stupid. Also so MANY comments about things not making sense are also non sense. I don't want to get into spoilers but people seem to have fundamentally misunderstood stuff which I thought was down right clear in the film. Which to me smacks of a desire to dislike the film and extreme nitpicking.

The pitchforks were out for this film for what ever reason long before it came out. I think a lot of the negativity shows signs of that. The film has flaws, but it has many things done right and excellently.

10 Cloverfield Lane

Off the bat, this has nothing to do with Cloverfield. So don't expect a giant monster, found footage and so forth. This is it's own thing and it's very good. John Goodman is incredibly good. Mary Elizabeth Winstead is also good.

Best to go in knowing as little as possible. It's very good.

Yeah, you pretty much said what I would have said. I really enjoyd it as well. Don't watch the trailers, some of them have huge spoilers in them. I only watched them afterwards when checking what people had to say about the movie thank goodness.

Last edited:
The Witch

Started with this one thinking it would be some typical horror film, but the strong realistic performances and historical setting make it something much better than that. No cheap tricks to get you jumping, but a slow winding up of the tension all the way to the end.

Back