Skip to main content

All Things Molly

I was really suprised he was in a relationship and was enganged to marry, with a cute chickie.

I suppose that was expected. Also, to be taken away from his mother, must have been really hard. This Biopic has to be taken as truth, as Molly endorsed it as being the EP.

So Loved seeing this show

Well, I watched Countdown from the first screening ....... till the end ...... I was in tears of love and sadness watching the Molly show.

The first thoughts of him, where not there LOL - 'cause I just loved the live feed of the Stars ........

I am 55, so I was like 14-15 when this all went on - it shaped my future of Music .......

I remember it all so well xxxxx

I missed this first part of "Molly" as I was at a friends place. I have heard from a couple of people here at work that it was great but far too many ads.

I will wait until it comes out on DVD to watch it.

Molly truly is an aussie icon and I have very fond memories of being a teen eagerly waiting for Sunday evening to come around to watch Countdown. Oh, and you can't forget his bantering with Dickie Knee on "Hey Hey it's Saturday". :laugh:

I hope Molly recovers quickly from his latest accident. :thumbsup:

Last edited:
First time I saw Molly was on an add promoting saving electricity - 'save it, save it, do yerself a favour' just bubbled up from the old subconscience. Shortly after I watched Countdown, at the insistence of the oldest girl next door, the one with Levis she wore in the bath to make shrink tight, and an unhealthy Bay City Rollers obsession.

First time I saw Molly was on an add promoting saving electricity - 'save it, save it, do yerself a favour' just bubbled up from the old subconscience. Shortly after I watched Countdown, at the insistence of the oldest girl next door, the one with Levis she wore in the bath to make shrink tight, and an unhealthy Bay City Rollers obsession.

Hehehe this brought back memories of sis and I having scrag fights over who was better. Bay City Rollers or Abba?

Of course it was Abba for me and the bitch troll from hell sister constantly bagging them out. Oh, I gave her a few mouthfuls about her precious tartan clad gods so I am not so innocent. :smuggrin:

I actually remember Molly raving about Abba on Countdown and that's where my love affair for them began.

Last edited:
I was a BCR fan big time. Went to their fan club in Edinburgh too. Always looked for them on Countdown, either live or a clip. You never knew who'd pop up. Didn't watch the show a lot as we were leaving part way through to go to church. Watched some of the show last night. I got a bit bored with it. Yes, a lot of ads. I'll wait to see it on dvd too.

Molly is an excellent writer, he was my hero as a kid, I wanted to be a journalist and would read my older siblings Go-set or whatever it was.
I think he used to mime and dance on some show.
Then as a tween we used to hang out at 10 saturday mornings and he was there, he had awesome clothes. He seemed kind of shy.
Then we saw him at a few parties, he used to hang out with Rowena Wallace.

Molly is an excellent writer, he was my hero as a kid, I wanted to be a journalist and would read my older siblings Go-set or whatever it was.
I think he used to mime and dance on some show.
Then as a tween we used to hang out at 10 saturday mornings and he was there, he had awesome clothes. He seemed kind of shy.
Then we saw him at a few parties, he used to hang out with Rowena Wallace.

My parents knew Molly. Not besties or anything, but they were in a band and they used to pop in to the Go-Set office, Molly was always there, and at gigs. No one has a bad word to say about him.

I’ve just finished watching, and really enjoyed it. Loved the music, and think Samuel Johnson did a great job (he even looks like Molly!). I did like how they used ‘actual’ footage in parts (Prince Charles, The Beatles, etc) – it really added to the authenticity. I only have vague memories of the later Count Down years (I know Molly more from Hey Hey It’s Saturday) so am quite enjoying learning more about him. What I do remember is a lovable guy though. That, and his fondness for The Saints. :)

Looking forward to the next one!

Oh - I must say I was surprised to see Michael Beveridge (BB 2012) pop up. A small part, but he was pretty good!

I’ve just finished watching, and really enjoyed it. Loved the music, and think Samuel Johnson did a great job (he even looks like Molly!). I did like how they used ‘actual’ footage in parts (Prince Charles, The Beatles, etc) – it really added to the authenticity. I only have vague memories of the later Count Down years (I know Molly more from Hey Hey It’s Saturday) so am quite enjoying learning more about him. What I do remember is a lovable guy though. That, and his fondness for The Saints. :)

Looking forward to the next one!

Oh - I must say I was surprised to see Michael Beveridge (BB 2012) pop up. A small part, but he was pretty good!
I thought that was him but wasn't sure.

I thought that was him but wasn't sure.

Confession: I Googled the show (to watch online) and this came up. So was kinda already looking out for him.

MB.PNG

Interesting that his name was ‘headlining’, with just a small role.

Either way, not a bad gig!

Michael Beveridge ‏@mickyb273 Feb 6Melbourne, Victoria
Gday ya mad snakes. I'm legit over the moon that I'm in Molly tomoz night on @Channel7. I bash a dude & smoke cones.

CahWmJZUsAAcljC.jpg

I met him at channel 9's Appealathon one year (post Countdown when he was doing Molly's Melodrama on Hey Hey.)

He was really nice and asked us about the rovers and what we got up to, gave us his autograph etc.

I remember thinking he had a big head (physically) and it was not made any smaller by his hat.

I met him at channel 9's Appealathon one year (post Countdown when he was doing Molly's Melodrama on Hey Hey.)

He was really nice and asked us about the rovers and what we got up to, gave us his autograph etc.

I remember thinking he had a big head (physically) and it was not made any smaller by his hat.
He does have a big head in that regard. He's also got a small bum, skinny legs and is much shorter that you'd expect. I was standing next to him in a $2 shop in Chapel St one time as he was buying Egyptian stuff. I gather though that a lot of celebs aren't as tall as you'd expect or imagine. The small/big screen makes them look taller.

Back