Skip to main content

So...Back in 2016?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fifty percent.
May I suggest you lower your expectations to adjust for the present state of what passes for journalism.

Which is not to say that TVTonight is not a reliable source, but some articles may be speculative.

May I suggest you lower your expectations to adjust for the present state of what passes for journalism.

Which is not to say that TVTonight is not a reliable source, but some articles may be speculative.

I meant fifty fifty like toss of the coin.

I have been thinking, @Mathew9112, did the lloyds guy say it was fully getting demolished? Because, 9 and Dreamworld are saying differently.

This could easily be a marketing strategy if it returns; (typical promotion) "new house", "new location" ect, or it could have negative effects as well announcing it being demolished. [I'm saying this as if the lloyds lad is a truthful source]

I really do hope it's back next year, I'm having withdrawals already. Flaps crossed.

If Nine are seriously considering bringing Big Brother back I hope they take the time to realise and learn from what went wrong. If they are just going to put out another mediocre series just to fill the fourth quarter. They should forget it. It will rate even worse than last year's series and Celebrity Apprentice's ratings at the moment. Big Brother is in a critical condition. This could make or break the show for good. Why do I even have this hope it could change for the better? I should remember that this is Channel Nine we are talking about and they probably think things are fine the way they are and think they know best. :(

If Alex is over on "I'm A Celebrity" now it may mean we will get a new executive producer which could be a good thing. Or it might be a really bad thing. lol. It depends who they pick to replace him with. ;):p

I definitely think the show needs some new blood in control. It needs to be revamped.

I think we have all been saying this since the first day the show came to Channel Nine in 2012 but Nine should remember:
  • Big Brother - Six nights a week. (Daily show highlights)
  • Evictions on Sunday Nights
  • Adults Only program on GO! (once a week)
  • UpLate show - Live Streaming from the house for a hour or two each weeknight on GO!
  • Online streaming (at least on a delay)
  • Regular 7.30pm time slot (no 8.30 slots for evictions and daily shows - the audience will switch off if later (like what happened last year)
  • Lose this family friendly angle. (This really killed the show on Channel Nine. The show doesn't have to be smutty. We don't want that. We (the audience) just want to be treated with respect and intelligence. We are not pre-school children. Don't treat us that way. Big Brother on Channel Ten in the early days had a fine balance between kids and adults enjoying the show.
I miss the show but then I remember last year's series and shudder. Can't we just have BB go back to Network Ten? :drowning:

I 100% agree with all things here, the show needs to be back like it used to be. At a 7:30 timeslot every night and no changes to the schedule. It should be like this:
Monday Daily Show + Noms,
Tuesday Daily Show + Uplate,
Wednesday Daily Show + Adults Only,
Thursday Daily Show,
Friday Daily Show + Friday Night Live/Games
Saturday - No show
Sunday - Daily Show + Evictions

and all of them should be at 7:30 except Uplate and Adults only. I also think it should start earlier like in the Channel 10 era in April or May, not in July, August or September. I also think it should lose the family-friendly approach of the Channel 9 era and go back to how the Channel 10 era was. I also believe it is essential that Dreamworld stays the home of Big Brother. As Dreamworld got a lot of revenue for Big Brother and vice versa. If this ended, it could be the beginning of the end for Big Brother.

Anyways, there just my thoughts! :D :p

I basically signed up to try and say to any moderators how much the fucked big brother. :)

Nine launches online research panel Nine Nation
October 1st, 2015 By David Knox 3 commentsFiled under: News,

Nine has launched an online research panel Nine Nation, seeking opinions from registered users.

“By exploring our world, your views will help shape and influence the future of entertainment in Australia! Our surveys and activities cover a broad range of passions and interests, tailored to you: drama, comedy, sport, news, reality TV, music and movies to name a few,” the site advises.

Users will be able to participate in:

• Polls on hot topics
  • Questionnaires on advertising, tv shows, show hosts, brands, products
  • Online boards, interacting with Nine Nation moderators on a wide range of topics.
  • Video tasks – these involve a video submission on a particular topic. “These tasks sometimes receive additional incentives but we will often hope you can contribute out of the kindness of your own heart.”
  • MarkUp Activities where users watch a video or advert and give feedback
  • Creative sessions described as sessions that are “more deeply involved. Some creative thinking will be required as we work together to build a new idea.”
Participation in an activity may earn an entry in prizes and 20 members a month will win a Gift Pax voucher.

The questions on TV shows and hosts suggests programming -and even casting- decisions could be influenced by the online users.

http://www.tvtonight.com.au/2015/10/nine-launches-online-research-panel-nine-nation.html

'We've got a dedicated team of insights managers who will read all ideas and comments. They'll consolidate your opinions (whether you're in the minority or majority), as well as the most innovative ideas that are the best fit for Nine Entertainment and our partners. These will be presented to key decision makers within the team and our partners to determine how we put your opinions to work.'

'Rest assured, your opinions are maintained in complete confidence and will not be associated with your name.'

If Nine are seriously considering bringing Big Brother back I hope they take the time to realise and learn from what went wrong. If they are just going to put out another mediocre series just to fill the fourth quarter. They should forget it. It will rate even worse than last year's series and Celebrity Apprentice's ratings at the moment. Big Brother is in a critical condition. This could make or break the show for good. Why do I even have this hope it could change for the better? I should remember that this is Channel Nine we are talking about and they probably think things are fine the way they are and think they know best. :(

If Alex is over on "I'm A Celebrity" now it may mean we will get a new executive producer which could be a good thing. Or it might be a really bad thing. lol. It depends who they pick to replace him with. ;):p

I definitely think the show needs some new blood in control. It needs to be revamped.

I think we have all been saying this since the first day the show came to Channel Nine in 2012 but Nine should remember:
  • Big Brother - Six nights a week. (Daily show highlights)
  • Evictions on Sunday Nights
  • Adults Only program on GO! (once a week)
  • UpLate show - Live Streaming from the house for a hour or two each weeknight on GO!
  • Online streaming (at least on a delay)
  • Regular 7.30pm time slot (no 8.30 slots for evictions and daily shows - the audience will switch off if later (like what happened last year)
  • Lose this family friendly angle. (This really killed the show on Channel Nine. The show doesn't have to be smutty. We don't want that. We (the audience) just want to be treated with respect and intelligence. We are not pre-school children. Don't treat us that way. Big Brother on Channel Ten in the early days had a fine balance between kids and adults enjoying the show.
I miss the show but then I remember last year's series and shudder. Can't we just have BB go back to Network Ten? :drowning:
I 100% agree with all things here, the show needs to be back like it used to be. At a 7:30 timeslot every night and no changes to the schedule. It should be like this:
Monday Daily Show + Noms,
Tuesday Daily Show + Uplate,
Wednesday Daily Show + Adults Only,
Thursday Daily Show,
Friday Daily Show + Friday Night Live/Games
Saturday - No show
Sunday - Daily Show + Evictions

and all of them should be at 7:30 except Uplate and Adults only. I also think it should start earlier like in the Channel 10 era in April or May, not in July, August or September. I also think it should lose the family-friendly approach of the Channel 9 era and go back to how the Channel 10 era was. I also believe it is essential that Dreamworld stays the home of Big Brother. As Dreamworld got a lot of revenue for Big Brother and vice versa. If this ended, it could be the beginning of the end for Big Brother.

Anyways, there just my thoughts! :D :p

We can't forget that if Channel 9 are going to continue it... god help us... there is not much chance that they will be able to encapsulate and extrapolate the excitement of what the show used to be, we shouldn't expect it to be what we remember, Channel 9 now own it, what we've seen through the past 3 years is their take on it, they own their own slice of Australian Television History, taking over from a channel with the ability to give people the tension and trepidation without having a "Special exclusive "live" show" every 10.6 femtoseconds. Channel 9 have got their own formula.

This being said...

Although I agree, Big Brother should allow Australia to be able to check on the housemates at any time, the thing Channel 9 lacked was communication... There was no explanation for its dismissal of the live feeds. Channel 9 aren't appealing to all audiences, only the new. It should be no secret to 1 of the major broadcasting networks to just look outside and see that there are classic fans which would be vital to their viewer count.

Thanks to the events of the 2006-07 season, BBAU has gotten a bad name in the public eye as being a pompous house in a shitty theme park, with shitty people with shitty lives, who turkey slap everybody they meet, fueled by the sexual satisfaction of molestation. This, as we all know is a fallacy which the Australian Public can not agree to disagree upon. And Channel 9 haven't really been able to change this, and no matter what happens, it will always be a controversial show.. its just channel 9 do not have the ability to control it

Sh!t, if Nine bothered to read their facebook pages during the 3 years they ran the show, they'd already know what they should do.

Seems funny that they've had ALL THAT FEEDBACK and they still don't know what to do and have set up a new website to ask for input, declaring they'll listen to every last crumb of feedback.

Sheesh! :rolleyes: :bang: :rage: :poop:

Sh!t, if Nine bothered to read their facebook pages during the 3 years they ran the show, they'd already know what they should do.

Seems funny that they've had ALL THAT FEEDBACK and they still don't know what to do and have set up a new website to ask for input, declaring they'll listen to every last crumb of feedback.

Sheesh! :rolleyes: :bang: :rage: :poop:

or if they really wanted to know why would they not look at an entire forum set up for the program, and is frequented by fans of the show?

I'm beginning to think that BB will be back next year. Idk why but let's looks at it this way. With celeb apprentice being a dud it obvs won't come back next year. And more shocking is that the block hasn't been renewed. NINE are auditioning for a new Reno show similar to Reno rumble. So with that and the voice and Aus got talent that covers up three quarters of he year. Also lets not forget that the Big Bang theory repeats amour now on seven. So with the block not coming back at the moment and the Big Bang repeats gone, it looks like channel nine have a whole quarter to fill with something. I'm willing to bet that big brother will be back.

BB won't be back next year. Channel 9 have cleared out the house and the studios have been auctioned off.

Dream world will use the house for,storage again and the studios will be used for Functions from time to time.

The only way BB will be back is if another Channel or Foxtel sign it.

BB won't be back next year. Channel 9 have cleared out the house and the studios have been auctioned off.

Dream world will use the house for,storage again and the studios will be used for Functions from time to time.

ROOD ASS HOE ❤

It only means good things for the brand. But for fucks sake, channel 10 cmonnnnnn; please see this as a good investment :'(.

So does this mean come February next year, channel nine will lose the rights to the show and no one will have the rights until someone else signs?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back