Skip to main content

Post BB Housemate Antics - Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
No point in Estelle claiming it's a pop culture reference now David's already apologized, looks like he is backpedalling. They aren't really helping him, just looks like he is using "famous" friends. At least when Tahan tweeted about it, it was subtle and not make it a sideshow

Didn't he mention about wings in reference to sanitary pads as well?
I think that was another time?
the cars get their pads changed (brakes?) and the girls car pads have wings

pussy wagon is a pop culture with the car being used in the Kill Bill movie, and in lady gaga and beyonce's 'telephone' music video (I was just watching that video last week lol)
latest

pussy-wagon-telephone.jpg

I love Grease. Had no idea it said that in that song though, lol. A lot of people have commented that they thought it was funny same as I did and that the whole thing has been blown WAY out of proportions. Probably wrong time and place to say it but 25,000? Wow.

And it isn't funny at all that David now has to worry about his career future.
his career future was up in air before this happened ... he probably needs to learn where & when things are appropriate to say ...
this could seriously harm his chances of getting a team place I imagine[DOUBLEPOST=1444452790][/DOUBLEPOST]
Didn't he mention about wings in reference to sanitary pads as well?
apparently yes I read that too ...

I think that was another time?
the cars get their pads changed (brakes?) and the girls car pads have wings

pussy wagon is a pop culture with the car being used in the Kill Bill movie, and in lady gaga and beyonce's 'telephone' music video (I was just watching that video last week lol)
latest

pussy-wagon-telephone.jpg
I don't actually think he's clever enough to be quoting any of these ... its probably a common thing said amongst the boys - difference being the other boys know when NOT to say it - and that's in a telecast interview when repping your sport
the sport management are going to come down hard in an effort to show they are not sexist and are giving full support to the women in their sport ... it seems like they've come down on him very heavily but maybe he's pushed too many buttons and they've decided enough is enough - he needs to be reined in ...

seems pretty harsh though

kinda hoping he wins at Bathurst and would like to see how they act then!

I don't actually think he's clever enough to be quoting any of these ... its probably a common thing said amongst the boys - difference being the other boys know when NOT to say it - and that's in a telecast interview when repping your sport
the sport management are going to come down hard in an effort to show they are not sexist and are giving full support to the women in their sport ... it seems like they've come down on him very heavily but maybe he's pushed too many buttons and they've decided enough is enough - he needs to be reined in ...

seems pretty harsh though

kinda hoping he wins at Bathurst and would like to see how they act then!

Yeah, I think the harshness is to do with that this weekend was supposed to showcase female drivers and appeal to female viewers/supporters

Yeah, I think the harshness is to do with that this weekend was supposed to showcase female drivers and appeal to female viewers/supporters
As a female viewer, female drivers would not make me watch it any more or any less!

As a female viewer, female drivers would not make me watch it any more or any less!

I think it it is admirable they are being female friendly. I know my female friends who are V8 fans appreciate it. And I think male fans do as well. I think that is clear in SM, whether you like it or not, the purpose of this weekend for the V8 Super car team was clearly to inspire women followers, and maybe get young girls to see they could be V8 drivers. I don't think it has caused any harm to David or Tahan, hence why neither of them have made a big deal about it. Again, I don't think Tim and Estelle are helping

Reynolds fined $25,000
Thursday 8 October 2015 18:46
By: V8 Supercars

Statement by V8 Supercars CEO James Warburton

V8 Supercars CEO James Warburton has strongly condemned comments made by driver David Reynolds about two female drivers at today's press conference after the practice session at the Supercheap Auto Bathurst 1000.

"Reynolds' comments were disgraceful and completely unacceptable in our sport and he has been fined $25,000," Warburton said.

"Women are an integral part of our sport, whether they are fans, drivers or team members. And V8 Supercars will continue to support and promote female participation at all levels of our sport."

I think it it is admirable they are being female friendly. I know my female friends who are V8 fans appreciate it. And I think male fans do as well. I think that is clear in SM, whether you like it or not, the purpose of this weekend for the V8 Super car team was clearly to inspire women followers, and maybe get young girls to see they could be V8 drivers. I don't think it has caused any harm to David or Tahan, hence why neither of them have made a big deal about it. Again, I don't think Tim and Estelle are helping
I have no problem with women being in the race. I would just lie to get to a point in this world where gender was irrelevant - that we genuinely equal.

Um pretty sure the 'Pussy Wagon' in Kill Bill was originally owned by the man that raped Uma Thurman's character in hospital whilst she was comatose. Not the best justification of it's use as a throwaway comment I suspect. It was a super disturbing scene.

Um pretty sure the 'Pussy Wagon' in Kill Bill was originally owned by the man that raped Uma Thurman's character in hospital whilst she was comatose. Not the best justification of it's use as a throwaway comment I suspect. It was a super disturbing scene.

Damn you and your facts. Lol. Yep. As per usual, Estelle is incredibly unhelpful and makes the people she is 'defending' seem worse

@delcan

Facts are simple and facts are straight
Facts are lazy and facts are late
Facts all come with points of view
Facts don't do what I want them to
Facts just twist the truth around
Facts are living turned inside out
Facts are getting the best of them
Facts are nothing on the face of things
Facts don't stain the furniture
Facts go out and slam the door
Facts are written all over your face
Facts continue to change their shape

Estelle's comment was super unhelpful!

I thought the same thing when I read that. Worse was that the character was not just raping her, but selling time for her to raped by others. I had a hard time enjoying the movie after that, wondering how many times that had happened over the four years she was comatose.

Regardless, supporting someone who said something stupid by saying something else, which is also stupid, is probably not going to help.

I thought the same thing when I read that. Worse was that the character was not just raping her, but selling time for her to raped by others. I had a hard time enjoying the movie after that, wondering how many times that had happened over the four years she was comatose.

Regardless, supporting someone who said something stupid by saying something else, which is also stupid, is probably not going to help.

Agreed. As far as Tarantino films go, Kill Bill was likely my favourite, but you're right, the sense of wondering just what she'd been put through over four years is horrible (and I'd actually forgotten that bit). I know Tarantino likes to push limits, but that particular element of the film was far too many steps over the line for me.

Agreed. As far as Tarantino films go, Kill Bill was likely my favourite, but you're right, the sense of wondering just what she'd been put through over four years is horrible (and I'd actually forgotten that bit). I know Tarantino likes to push limits, but that particular element of the film was far too many steps over the line for me.

Cue the 2002 film - Irreversible. The most walked-out-of and unwatchable movie of all time. Try and take a peek at that one @twist ! I don't think you'd make it close to the first step :D

Back on topic - I agree with some views in the media which appreciate the non-robotic, tongue in-cheek comments made by David. I for one get so irritated with the cyclical scripted 'win' or 'lose' speech... ZzZZzz

Cue the 2002 film - Irreversible. The most walked-out-of and unwatchable movie of all time. Try and take a peek at that one @twist ! I don't think you'd make it close to the first step :D

Agghhh ... I just went and read Ebert's Review of Irreversible :D Kids is another that just leaves me cold.

Agghhh ... I just went and read Ebert's Review of Irreversible :D Kids is another that just leaves me cold.

Yeah agreed, watching Kids was an uncomfortable experience. Also up there is the rape scene in Once were warriors - found that hard to watch too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back