Skip to main content

Tina Arena Appreciation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
you can leave after Tina... I did that when I wanted to see a support act and not the main... tried sitting through Hall and oates but they were shockingly bad

I guess Simply Red will not compare to the pure brilliance of Tina. Infact, thinking about it, it is really offensive that Tina would be supporting anyone! People should be supporting her. This is an outrage. A pure and utter outrage. I shall write letters to the highest authority figures in the land!

Tina Arena bares more than her soul in new music video I Want To Love You
September 25, 2015 12:00am
The Daily Telegraph

Tina Arena: I Want To Love teaser
external

external

I Want To Love You is a track from Arena’s forthcoming album, Eleven, which is released on October 30.

The clip was inspired by a film stills series by photographer Cindy Sherman.

“It speaks about being consumed and completely infatuated with someone but knowing they’re possibly not right for you or that the relationship won’t work despite how desperately you want it to,” Arena explained.

“I think we’ve all been there at some point. The character is contemplating her relationship and the ultimate decision to leave it. In the end we don’t know for how long that will be. Leaving a relationship is a very difficult process. It’s a complete grey area. We imagine the memories and moments in the past that we cling to and emotionally haunt our souls. There is no right or wrong.”

Expect to see more acting from Arena, who plans on releasing a number of short films to go with the album rather than traditional pop clips.

“It’s a more interesting approach.” she said. “It’s my eleventh album and creatively I need to mix things up.”

510e6fd0f2060ac5a99198bcac3b2cd3

Tina Arena and Vince Colosimo in the video for I Want To Love You / Picture: EMI
f9505e363cecfb23d03b5c72a75d1792

Tina Arena and Vince Colosimo in the video for I Want To Love You / Picture: EMI
288e5095cdfbf17d5cd25dbe6cbd3ce6

Tina Arena being made up for the video.
Originally published as Tina bares more than her soul

http://www.perthnow.com.au/entertai...k=415099a5939966a36091a2fcede67760-1443274244

OMG so artistic. I can't wait to see it!

Tina Arena: I Want to Love You, starring Vince Colosimo – video premiere
The powerhouse pop singer’s new video casts Colosimo as her love interest and was inspired by the work of American photographer Cindy Sherman

Tina Arena’s I Want to Love You, premiered on Guardian Australia.
Monica Tan

@m_onicatan
Thursday 1 October 2015 06.16 AESTLast modified on
Twelve years is a long time between drinks, but that’s what has passed between Tina Arena’s 2001 Just Me, and her next English-language album of original material, called Reset (she had a few French-language and cover albums in between).

Reset, Arena admits, was a risky venture. “There is always a huge chance that your audience has moved on from listening to you,” she says. But with the album peaking at No 4 on Australia’s album charts when it was released in 2013, the pressure is surely off, just a little, for her upcoming album Eleven.

The pint-sized pop star, known as “Tiny Tina” when she starred on Young Talent Time in 1977, says not only will this be her 11th album, the number has a rather curious presence in her life. “Numerologically, it’s a number I always come in contact with. If I look at a clock, it’s always 11:11 or 1:11,” she says.

Her date of birth is also 1 November or 1/11. She says of the number, “it’s simple, it’s strong and it has a significance”.

Stretching over five minutes, I Want to Love You is a slow-burn power ballad, with each chorus accruing volume until it explodes in a burst of drums and backing singers, and delivers on what every great Arena song should do: showcasing the purity, vigour and youthfulness of her vocals.

Arena says the song is about “being consumed and completely infatuated with someone but knowing they’re possibly not right for you or that the relationship won’t work, despite how desperately you want it to”.

The black-and-white video, starring Australian actor Vince Colosimo as Arena’s love interest, was inspired by the work of American photographer Cindy Sherman.

Arena says she couldn’t imagine anyone except Colosimo in the role. “His vulnerability as an actor is not often portrayed,” she says. “His honesty, elasticity and reliability as an actor is something I am in awe of.”

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back