Skip to main content

I'm A Celebrity! AU (2015) - News articles

What the...???

http://www.tvtonight.com.au/2015/03...s-im-a-celebrity-before-production-wraps.html

EXCLUSIVE: Renowned producer Peter Abbott has departed TEN’s I’m a Celebrity Get Me Out of Here! in South Africa at the request of production company ITV Australia.

Abbott, who boasts extensive television production credits including Big Brother (for which he was the original ‘voice’), Dancing with the Stars and Top Gear Australia, was hired by ITV Australia in a major coup, along with co-executive producer Lara Hopkins.

Earlier this week ITV Australia asked him to leave the show, two weeks short of its finale, in mysterious circumstances.

TV Tonight understands those reasons were not related to the quality of work nor any workplace relations. Insiders say there were no significant disputes in the lead-up to his exit, but noted “too many cooks” behind the scenes.

It also isn’t clear if ITV, which has a long history of producing the UK production, decided to steer the show internally.

Anita Jacoby, managing director of ITV Studios Australia, told TV Tonight, “Peter (Abbott) was instrumental in setting up the framework for the series, for casting, liaising with celebrities and for shaping post-production. As we are heading toward the end of production, his role on the show has been completed. Peter has done a great job as one of the key architects of the first Australian season of the show.”

The show is currently being produced by Ben Ulm, ITV Australia Director of Content and Executive Producer Lara Hopkins. Former Nine executive producer Karen Dewey, who recently joined the production in South Africa is also back in Australia, in unrelated circumstances.

One source told TV Tonight, “Why would you do that to Peter Abbott? Why would you make him walk the plank?”

Network TEN execs are also understood to be very disappointed in the turn of events of its flagship show. The multi-million dollar production has enjoyed plenty of publicity with a strong response for hosts Julia Morris and Chris Brown. It has lifted TEN’s timeslot share year on year, but drawn upon simulcast audiences in a bid to remain competitive against My Kitchen Rules and The Block.

Next week multiple evictions are looming ahead of its finale on Sunday March 15th.

But the biggest eviction of all was one nobody saw coming.

Peter Abbott declined to comment.

[from David Knox]

On Maureen and Michael Jackson:

http://www.news.com.au/entertainmen...-michael-jackson/story-fn8yvfst-1227254176313

060767-fd16ebda-c565-11e4-9504-1b97135f94e2.jpg

Did the male campmates leave their one year old.

I will get flamed, but I agree with Peter Ford.

She also lets everyone know 'she' is the breadwinner. She also missed her sons first day of preschool because she was on the show.

Flame away.
Really??? I totally disagree, and yes she is the bread winner, so what!

i would be more offended if i was her husband. ford seems to think than men are incapable of raising their own children. both men and women are capable, its just that women get a 9 month head start.

how many men miss 'first day of pre-school' and get hate about it? name me one.

so what that she earns more than her hubby? once its out of the womb and off the boob anyone could raise the kid.m

i would be more offended if i was her husband. ford seems to think than men are incapable of raising their own children. both men and women are capable, its just that women get a 9 month head start.

how many men miss 'first day of pre-school' and get hate about it? name me one.

so what that she earns more than her hubby? once its out of the womb and off the boob anyone could raise the kid.m
That's right. Chrissie hasn't just abandoned her children with no one to look after them.

Peter Ford just likes to get his own name in the media.

Non-issue.

http://www.theage.com.au/entertainm...on-in-the-balance-at-ten-20150316-1lzyyh.html

Ten is refusing to confirm whether the Australian edition of I'm A Celebrity ... Get Me Out of Here! will return next year, after the series finale pulled a respectable, if not earth-shattering, audience on Sunday night.

Perhaps intrigued by the novelty of an English cricketer winning anything in Australia, 1.144 million viewers tuned in to see former England all-rounder Andrew "Freddie" Flintoff crowned king of the jungle.

The six-week series has been a consistent performer for Ten, without being a ratings standout. Last night's figures made I'm a Celebrity the third most-watched show behind Nine News and The Block Triple Threat.

Ten's programming chief Beverley McGarvey said the network was "now considering how we move forward with a potential season 2".

"We are very pleased with how I'm A Celebrity… Get Me Out Of Here! performed in its first season," she said in a statement.

"Its television audience was in line with our expectations, it produced significant growth for Ten across the past six weeks, and it generated enormous attention and talk online and on social media."

McGarvey dropped a broad hint that viewers can expect to see more of hosts Chris Brown and Julia Morris – not necessarily in a jungle setting – in the future.

"It is a really entertaining show and all the talent – in particular, Chris and Julia – resonated strongly with viewers," she said.

Quoted from Julia Morris in that article:
“We don’t want them fighting. That would spoil it. Obviously there is the odd fracas but we don’t want people at each other’s throats. It makes for boring TV and I can’t stand it.”

Thank god for this. I can't stand those petty fights and pointless nastiness that all the reality shows seem to have these days. I am so happy to hear that the producers and Julia feel the same way as I do and have the focus on important and entertaining content. Julia, I love you.

I did notice a lot of backlash from viewers regarding Joel and Chrissie's constant bitching throughout the series. Thank god viewers are getting tired of that crap. No one wants to watch people sitting around bitching. Dull. Zzzzzzzzzz. :sleep:

Bring on season 2!

Back