Skip to main content

So...Back In 2015?

I don't know how in touch with audiences these producers are... all the couples from the block they are bringing back for reno rumble I found to be rather beige to watch, and certainly not my favorites so I cannot see me tuning into the show at all. Maybe I am alone in my tastes, but I suspect I am not. I have enjoyed the block sometimes, but am totally over all the reno shows they shove into a year. I would actually be happy if all the reality shows were on a two year cycle, (yes including BB) so you actually get a chance to look forward to a season.

Yes the couples from the block they have picked are a little bit disappointing. Kyle and kara are a great choice in my opinion. However I can't say the same for the rest. Josh and Jenna made good entertainment but I could not stand that bitch Jenna. If I have to watch here on TV for too long I'll lose it. Michael and carline where boring as bat shit. They are only coming back because they only made 10 grand. I like aiden and jess but they are only new and not as per say good enough to appear on the block again. I would prefer to see Alysia and lasandra

I agree. I loved the block before but this year I began to slowly lose interest
Dee Is not my idea of entertaining viewing, so didn't even attempt to watch the current season! TV producers also need to realise that audience numbers in traditional recording measures worldwide are down, because of the variety of ways people watch. BB last year was far from the best year, but it still has an audience and a place on Australian TV, And I hope it is back again in some shape or form. I don't hold out hope on that being this year, but I have fingers crossed for 2016 :)

Dee Is not my idea of entertaining viewing, so didn't even attempt to watch the current season! TV producers also need to realise that audience numbers in traditional recording measures worldwide are down, because of the variety of ways people watch. BB last year was far from the best year, but it still has an audience and a place on Australian TV, And I hope it is back again in some shape or form. I don't hold out hope on that being this year, but I have fingers crossed for 2016 :)

Yeah the only reason Dee is back is because of the poor outcome she had last year. And yes I 100% agree! Didn't matter when it is but I think a big brother still has a spot in TV and it will for years to come. I honestly don't care what anyone else says but in my opinion the big brother franchise won't die completely for a long while

Anyway, looking at it from a producer's role, I don't think Big Brother will be making a return this year. If it were my show I would want to ensure its survival therefore, considering its low ratings last year, I too would give it at least a years break.

I guess seeing that CBB is different I might allow it but there is still the risk to consider of harming the original format even further.

As much as I want Big Brother back this year as a fan... As a producer I would encourage a break. :)

Anyway, looking at it from a producer's role, I don't think Big Brother will be making a return this year. If it were my show I would want to ensure its survival therefore, considering its low ratings last year, I too would give it at least a years break.

I guess seeing that CBB is different I might allow it but there is still the risk to consider of harming the original format even further.

As much as I want Big Brother back this year as a fan... As a producer I would encourage a break. :)

Why is it that we have Alex as the producer when we could have you?! Fate is cruel

Why is it that we have Alex as the producer when we could have you?! Fate is cruel

I find Alex quite a nice chap. He knows what us big brother fans want. It's Channel 9 in my opinion is what is holding him back. He has worked on Big Brother since the 2nd series in 2002. Idk though, maybe he just made a mistake last year. :)

I think we'd all agree Channel 9 interfered way too much last year and clearly didn't know what was best. For some reason they didn't care about the Thursday night episodes and left producers to it - and they tended to be the best ones of the week.

I do think though Alex should step down if the show continues, even if many of the problems are outside his control. I guess the fear is though Channel 9 would replace him with someone who thinks more along their wavelength rather than someone who undoubtedly is a huge fan of the format and has respect for it. We've seen in BBUK what happens when people with no respect for the format are put in charge of it - those running Big Brother need to understand it's not just another TV show.

As for the house - I'm sure it's safe in the short term as these redevelopment plans happen in stages and usually take years. Even if it isn't most long running Big Brother's have had to move or relocate their house in their lifetime - even BB Canada had to move after their first season, while BB Germany is on their 6th house I think)

I suspect if it moved now it would be built on a sound stage and the studio incorporated into the build (or use a separate studio) rather than a "house" being built. I doubt they'd have too big a problem finding a new location but of course it is a major investment in the show and at the moment the show probably doesn't have the future to justify it.

Yeah the only reason Dee is back is because of the poor outcome she had last year.
Not to de-rail this thread, but do not make up things and present them as fact.

Triple Threat began filming a week after the Glasshouse finale aired (which was the day after the auctions actually took place). At that point they had already committed to appearing in TT and very nearly pulled out BECAUSE of the auction result. So unless Block producer's are psychic and knew the auction outcome prior to it happening, you're talking out your ass.

Triple Threat began filming a week after the Glasshouse finale aired (which was the day after the auctions actually took place). At that point they had already committed to appearing in TT and very nearly pulled out BECAUSE of the auction result. So unless Block producer's are psychic and knew the auction outcome prior to it happening, you're talking out your ass.

Two reality shows in a row? Damn.

Oh. Sorry I didn't know that

Two reality shows in a row? Damn.

Think of Russ Hantz/Malcolm Freberg. Back-to-back seasons of Survivor - they literally had 20 days to let their bodies recover from their first season before going onto their second.

It's not so much a problem for Russ because he was pretty beefy when he first played in Samoa, and AFAIK there wasn't too many medical issues that season that would set him back for Heroes vs Villains. But for Malcolm, he went into Philippines as a pretty lean, muscular guy - went through 20 straight days of tropical monsoons which caused nearly the entire cast to suffer parasitic infections in their digestive tracts. It's crazy how he even made it past a medical check to play in Caramoan.

Think of Russ Hantz/Malcolm Freberg. Back-to-back seasons of Survivor - they literally had 20 days to let their bodies recover from their first season before going onto their second.

It's not so much a problem for Russ because he was pretty beefy when he first played in Samoa, and AFAIK there wasn't too many medical issues that season that would set him back for Heroes vs Villains. But for Malcolm, he went into Philippines as a pretty lean, muscular guy - went through 20 straight days of tropical monsoons which caused nearly the entire cast to suffer parasitic infections in their digestive tracts. It's crazy how he even made it past a medical check to play in Caramoan.

Wow, Survivor, especially 2 in a row would be pretty bad. People like that must really love the fame aspect of reality television.

Wow, Survivor, especially 2 in a row would be pretty bad. People like that must really love the fame aspect of reality television.

Hantz, yeah.
Malcolm? Huge fan of the show. I'd do Survivor back to back if I passed medical checks.

Survivor got so boring; so quick. It is now so dull and just full of....... just dull.

4vjT4.gif

Back