Skip to main content

American Horror Story

Yeah.. you kinda feel sorry for twisty seeing his story... Then you remember what he has done..

tumblr_nd72kdp2QD1ry46hlo1_500.gif

:hilarious:

I'm not really sure how I feel about this season tbh. Something isn't working for me but I can't quite work out what.

I'm not really sure how I feel about this season tbh. Something isn't working for me but I can't quite work out what.

Ok.. being blunt here.I don't watch it. My eldest daughter does and she and I talk a lot. She's said that a lot of people are a little (some a lot) bothered with/by the "freak"(as in ye olde circus freak show) element? Just want to know if perhaps that may be why you are feeling less than comfy with this season?

Ok.. being blunt here.I don't watch it. My eldest daughter does and she and I talk a lot. She's said that a lot of people are a little (some a lot) bothered with/by the "freak"(as in ye olde circus freak show) element? Just want to know if perhaps that may be why you are feeling less than comfy with this season?

Oh, no I'm fine with that, really. I think the problem with me is the writing; it feels a little disjointed, and the narrative doesn't really seem to be "going" anywhere, which isn't always a bad thing, but it's not really working for me. I was also promised something scary this season and it's not really delivering on that front, although I'm thankful that it's a lot less camp than last season, which also had kind of sloppy writing. I did like last year though, but I'm a big fan of witches and the like.

Maybe they're trying to do too much this year. It's not the most coherent show at the moment. Also, the latest episode's editing really pissed me off—there were lots of time jumps and false scenes, i.e. "imagined" things that were initially presented as "happening" to throw us off. It just seems like lazy writing to me.

Also, some things are included just to please fans, and that pisses me off to no end. Last year was ten times more guilty, but whatever.

its horror. you arent supposed to be comfortable with horror. its supposed to be disquieting, foreboding, and delve into the valley of the uncanny. thats pretty much the definition of top grade horror.

Oh, no I'm fine with that, really. I think the problem with me is the writing; it feels a little disjointed, and the narrative doesn't really seem to be "going" anywhere, which isn't always a bad thing, but it's not really working for me. I was also promised something scary this season and it's not really delivering on that front, although I'm thankful that it's a lot less camp than last season, which also had kind of sloppy writing. I did like last year though, but I'm a big fan of witches and the like.

Maybe they're trying to do too much this year. It's not the most coherent show at the moment. Also, the latest episode's editing really pissed me off—there were lots of time jumps and false scenes, i.e. "imagined" things that were initially presented as "happening" to throw us off. It just seems like lazy writing to me.

Also, some things are included just to please fans, and that pisses me off to no end. Last year was ten times more guilty, but whatever.

That's interesting to know as she's felt a little let down too for the same reasons you are. She likes the fact some characters (Bate and Lange) have returned, but the writers are squeezing them in a little awkwardly? Like I said, I don't watch the show..but it seems clear that you and she seem to be on the same page?

That's interesting to know as she's felt a little let down too for the same reasons you are. She likes the fact some characters (Bate and Lange) have returned, but the writers are squeezing them in a little awkwardly? Like I said, I don't watch the show..but it seems clear that you and she seem to be on the same page?

Quite possibly! I'm a really big horror movie nerd, and I'm also a writer, so I think I perhaps expect far too much from it in that regard. I will say that while initially I enjoyed the fact that the cast stays the same, I'm thinking it definitely needs an overhaul next season, just to hopefully avoid some of the pandering.

I just want something to proper scare me/freak me out. What @marsha brady said about horror is spot on. Although I guess over the years I've become desensitised. Shame, though.

Quite possibly! I'm a really big horror movie nerd, and I'm also a writer, so I think I perhaps expect far too much from it in that regard. I will say that while initially I enjoyed the fact that the cast stays the same, I'm thinking it definitely needs an overhaul next season, just to hopefully avoid some of the pandering.

I just want something to proper scare me/freak me out. What @marsha brady said about horror is spot on. Although I guess over the years I've become desensitised. Shame, though.

Well to give you an indication, she's a SAW fiend. She writes too in her down time ( if you want to know what I can PM you). She's liking that Kathy Bates is there, and it IS because she sees her as a freakin legend (her in Misery... yeah).

I should ask her if she will join here to chat about this as I am out of my element here. lol

Well to give you an indication, she's a SAW fiend. She writes too in her down time ( if you want to know what I can PM you). She's liking that Kathy Bates is there, and it IS because she sees her as a freakin legend (her in Misery... yeah).

I should ask her if she will join here to chat about this as I am out of my element here. lol

Awesome! Kathy Bates in Misery is absolutely everything. By the sounds of it, yeah, she would definitely be somewhat disappointed by the current season. Although there was a nice amount of stabbing in the latest episode, if that's her thing, lol. :tongue:

You can PM me, sure! Also you should deffs get her to join. Make this place a family affair! :roflmao:

Back