Skip to main content

Doctor Who

Really, really good episode!
I am enjoying this season so much more than the previous one!
The end for Clara must be nigh though.

Lucky fans in the UK
dwe-banner-53bfd0f7.jpg

dwe-about-3-535e64f7.jpg

General admission tickets to the Doctor Who Experience give fans the opportunity to enjoy two thrilling adventures:

Special tickets are also available at certain times of year, that not only give visitors general admission to the Doctor Who experience but also offer:

• The Walking Tour - fully-guided tours of filming locations around Cardiff
  • The TARDIS Tour - an amazing opportunity to visit the genuine set of the TARDIS
And kids can even have birthday parties there.
http://www.doctorwho.tv/events/doctor-who-experience/about/

Did everyone watch Capaldi on Graham Norton, adorable, endearing human.
More about his fan obsession as kid, very funny.

Even Denzel Washington wasn't too annoying - I dislike him, a lot.
And of course Mr W had no clue about anything DW -
and I kind of liked they didn't bother to educate him much either, just shut it you are irrelevant.
They should have shoved him off the couch.
Must say I find it arrogant of anyone in the entertainment industry to have zero knowledge a show has been running for 50 years - elsewhere but the same language.

Oh and @nutmeg , did you ever tap dance? I love tap dancing,listening to it, watching it and years ago doing it.
Have been thinking about taking it up again for fitness.
Old tap teacher loved Singing in the Rain, think that was one of the few she approved of for not dubbing the tapping - mostly genuine foot acoustics or something.
I am jealous of your dalek experience:)
Well I'm jealous of you being able to tap dance. Would be such a fun way to stay fit, you should take it up again!!!

Lucky fans in the UK
dwe-banner-53bfd0f7.jpg

dwe-about-3-535e64f7.jpg

General admission tickets to the Doctor Who Experience give fans the opportunity to enjoy two thrilling adventures:

Special tickets are also available at certain times of year, that not only give visitors general admission to the Doctor Who experience but also offer:

• The TARDIS Tour - an amazing opportunity to visit the genuine set of the TARDIS

and I kind of liked they didn't bother to educate him much either, just shut it you are irrelevant.
Must say I find it arrogant of anyone in the entertainment industry to have zero knowledge a show has been running for 50 years - elsewhere but the same language.

The Capaldi interview was hilarious. How funny that the DW fan club management wanted him dead. And watching Peter cringe, I laughed so hard.

And I soooo want to go on the Interactive Experience in the UK. Sounds like mad fun.

Lucky fans in the UK
dwe-banner-53bfd0f7.jpg

dwe-about-3-535e64f7.jpg

...I missed that... damn!... I guess it will be aired again on Fox on the UK Channel eventually... and I'm so glad to hear that someone else doesn't like Denzel Washington... he is sooooo up himself that guy!... those lucky people in the UK... I would so love to go onto the Tardis set!... cheers.

...is it me or is this series excelling in every episode more so than in any previous series?... I mean... every single episode is way... way... waaaay beyond previous series on such a consistent basis!... I don't recall... (from my own experiences)... ever watching the episodes 3 or 4 and perhaps 5 times over and over as I am doing now... I'm watching it as it is aired early in the morning... then I'll watch it again straight after within 5 or 10 minutes of it just finishing... then I'll watch it in the afternoon and that night again when it is on the ABC at 7:30!... (and again during other days of the week)... is there something wrong with me?...

...if there was a great episode in the Tennant days I'd watch it usually about 2 times... (3 if it was out of the ordinary)... sometimes I'd watch Smith's episodes just the once... perhaps a second time if it was a particularly good episode... but this series... there are so many clues and hidden messages in some episodes that I'm compelled to scrutinise the episode over and over...

...I can't recall be so obsessed with each and every episode as I am now... what is it?... the writing?... the cryptic clues?... the acting?... the great storylines?... I'm stuffed if I know to be honest!... and also... I think a lot of the credit for me being like this is due to the fact that the ABC has been way above and beyond their duty to us in showing the show Live too!... plus all of the extra Whoness that they have been showing us in addition...

...I really think that the main thing that has made me so obsessed with this series is the fact that I am seeing it at exactly the same time as the rest of the world instead of 12 hours later... all credit to the ABC from me to them for sure!... well done ABC... you are true legends!... (I feel like I'm in some sort of Dr Who cult or something lol!... I'm not complaining though... I'm loving it!)... this is such a great series!... cheers.

It's been a total classic of a season, and it's true that watching it "live" makes it more of an experience.

Saw the Capaldi episode of Garaham Norton again tonight.

6.20am tomorrow Whovians, don't get caught out and lose the first bit, that would be tragic:)

Doctor Who
In The Forest Of The Night

ABC, 6:20am, Sun, 26 Oct 2014, 50 minutes
One morning in every city and town in the world, the human race wakes up to face the most surprising invasion yet. Everywhere, in every land, a forest has grown overnight and taken back the Earth.

And next week
Dark Water
Series 8 | Episode 11

In the mysterious world of the Nethersphere, plans have been drawn. Missy is about to come face to face with the Doctor, and an impossible choice is looming...

Extra on saturday night sure is compulsory viewing, since Moffat gives you so much about the characters development in every Extra.

@Stickeyfingers, for me it has become a weekend experience, ABC have hit us with perfection for me in this scheduling.
And a combination of great stuff in the show, Capaldi is a joy, Jenna continues to delight me, and finally Moffat has hit a sweet spot.
He has cleaned up his own story telling, and engaged and directed the other writers.
He has flipped his usual style, he is producing this series much more along RTD lines.
IE the story arc is minimal, clues and suggestions and mystery - and held in the background where it belongs. Far more effective and dramatic.

Each episode has a contained and complete story and mystery, with a beginning,middle and end.
And the stories are cleaner and stronger, and there is no need for all of that horrid torture of characters, the ordeals of Amy/Rory were too constant and overdone.

The story arc is yet to be resolved, or even given life, hope it works. Regardless it is where it belongs in the background at last.
Previously it was like Moffat was on acid tripping through his backstories that never ended, until we finally got rid of River - who he made me hate.
He hit is straps with the 50th,, fell back with Matt's final, and is now flowing, quite differently.

Definitely the live thing beaming through the universe direct to me snuggled up in bed at dawn - is magic.
And, as for how many times viewing.
I had a rather strong addiction during Tennant's doctor, I own all of his series, and Eccelston.
So I have viewed them a lot:)
Always downloaded back then as well, bugger waiting 6 months - they got their money and double back since I bought them as well.

I stopped buying then, I do have one of Matt's with souffle girl.
And strangely I only really appreciated Matt fully viewing his series a few times, he does subtle stuff, and is a real revelation I found on 2nd and 3rd viewing.
And I would focus on his awesome face and every little thing he does I find so beautiful in Matt.

Reactions: kbe
What are these extras you are talking about?

I love this season too. But I'm still completely in love with Christopher Eccelston and David Tennant.

I love trees.

Boo hoo preview, I don't want this season to end.
But did we just meet the new companion?

@Rose711 Extra is a brief show about the making of each episode, about 10-15 mins.
It is on every Saturday night usually after the repeat of last weeks episode, the one it is about.
Moffat tells about character development etc.
Climate message DW is cool, preview looks fab, Moffat has thankfully gone back to RTD series structure, and it is working so much better.

Green Who, I like it!

Loved the preview too, and there's that cool scarf girl with the inhaler.

Another bloody brilliant episode! If I ever had kids I would want the Doctor to look after them even though he wouldn't agree! I agree with all of you, I don't want this season to end so bad! With previous seasons I really didn't care much but I love the episodes so much!

I find the actual episode is 100 times better than the "next time" trailer. I was a bit worried about how today's story would go but it is one of the best Doctor Who Episodes I have ever seen ever. Next weeks episode, by the trailer, looks FANTASTIC so will it go with the tradition of it being better than the trailer... I HOPE SO!

I will/have start/ed a new thread entitled "What is you favourite Doctor Who Episode?" going with our plans to dominate the "The Rabbit's Ears" section! :D
Soon when we have taken over enough we might need our own forum section! We could call it "WHOVIANS GO HERE" Hahaha

@Rose711 Extra is a brief show about the making of each episode, about 10-15 mins.
It is on every Saturday night usually after the repeat of last weeks episode, the one it is about.
Moffat tells about character development etc.
Climate message DW is cool, preview looks fab, Moffat has thankfully gone back to RTD series structure, and it is working so much better.
I have to find these online. We don't get them on BBC America. Thanks so very much for explaining it. I love behind the scenes and making of stuff.

Another bloody brilliant episode! If I ever had kids I would want the Doctor to look after them even though he wouldn't agree! I agree with all of you, I don't want this season to end so bad! With previous seasons I really didn't care much but I love the episodes so much!

I find the actual episode is 100 times better than the "next time" trailer. I was a bit worried about how today's story would go but it is one of the best Doctor Who Episodes I have ever seen ever. Next weeks episode, by the trailer, looks FANTASTIC so will it go with the tradition of it being better than the trailer... I HOPE SO!

I will/have start/ed a new thread entitled "What is you favourite Doctor Who Episode?" going with our plans to dominate the "The Rabbit's Ears" section! :D
Soon when we have taken over enough we might need our own forum section! We could call it "WHOVIANS GO HERE" Hahaha

...hmmmm!... sounds like a plan!... cheers.

I have to find these online. We don't get them on BBC America. Thanks so very much for explaining it. I love behind the scenes and making of stuff.

...hey Rose711... if by some ridiculous reason I ever do miss an episode I will go to this website link below and watch it... the ABC sometimes have the episode up almost immediately after the early morning screening methinks!... to be honest I haven't checked for the 'extras' episodes but I'm sure that they will be there... the ABC network are usually quite thorough...here is the link...

http://iview.abc.net.au/?WT.srch=1&WT.mc_id=Corp_TV-iview|iviewAdwords_AdWords_:abc tv online_b_g_46599158599_&gclid=COLizO_QycECFYuXvQodnBgAqQ

...hopefully the link will work for you in the USA... just thought that I'd say... cheers.

@Rose711 I forget you are in another country, sorry.

I think you had better start bugging your broadcaster to give you all the bells and whistles, specials and extra stuff.
Our ABC has not always been as fabulous as it is currently to us Whovians.

And I would keep an eye on the UK Who website, for all the extra bits out there. Boxsets include stuff like this.

Did you get the world tour stuff?
And do you get Graham Norton?

And here, DW facebook, has a lot of clips, news etc
https://www.facebook.com/DoctorWho?fref=photo
https://www.facebook.com/DoctorWho/videos

And @BigBrotherCritic - you are game, I wouldn't let the Doctor anywhere near small children.

And I haven't looked forward to the finale this much since RTD's finales, and the 50th of course.

...did anyone else notice that when in the forest on her own... little May had a red jacket with a hood on while surrounded by wolves... and The Doctor mentioned about May leaving breadcrumbs like Hansel and Gretal as to where she was going?... two references to fairytales there that I can see... hmmmm... what are the writers up to?... there is a mystery afoot!... cheers.

Back