Skip to main content

If I was to watch any season of BB, from any country... which one?

I can recommend the Uk 2014 season, for many the best uk season ever, some interesting housemates and all episodes are avaiable on youtube. But do also watch BBOTS, the daily show about BB, also avaiable on youtube.

You should definitely watch Big Brother UK from 2006. I'm pretty sure it's my favourite Big Brother season of all time, worldwide.

One of the best U.S. big brother was a very early one with Dr. Will Kirby and Mike Boogie and Janelle.
It's Big Brother 6 in the U.S..

I haven't been an avid watcher, so there may be more, but that year was pretty good.

I can recommend the Uk 2014 season, for many the best uk season ever, some interesting housemates and all episodes are avaiable on youtube. But do also watch BBOTS, the daily show about BB, also avaiable on youtube.
Nobody would call this years BBUK the "best ever" - for most it's the exact opposite.

It depends what you're looking for really when it comes to picking a series. BBUK wise BB5-7 (2004-06) are the show at it's creative peak, while BB9 and BB11 aren't bad either. If you want to go really old school BB2 or BB3 is worth a look. With BBUK we also have Celebrity Big Brother which gives you the chance to sample BBUK but with far fewer episodes - I'd say Celeb BB3 & Celeb BB4 (2005/2006) were the best.

If you want something completely different give BBUSA a go - any season really from BB2 onwards is probably worth a look as a newbie as I think to fresh eyes even the weaker series would be interesting. Switching to the US format via BB Canada, which takes more inspiration from the international format but follows the US rules, might be wise though - both their first and second seasons were interesting.

The early BB Africas (if you can find them) are interesting - a familar format but with an international twist. It's got a bit ridiculous lately with far too many HMs (26 this year to begin with, I think last year it was something like 35!) but the concept of HMs from different countries is worth a look.

If language is no barrier take a look at BB Germany, Italy or Spain - like most versions the middle series tend to be the best. Secret Story in France is also another spin on the BB format - seasons 2-4 probably the strongest.

The early BB Africas (if you can find them) are interesting - a familar format but with an international twist. It's got a bit ridiculous lately with far too many HMs (26 this year to begin with, I think last year it was something like 35!) but the concept of HMs from different countries is worth a look.

Are the BB Africa seasons available online at all?

Daily Motion used to have some. The official website has the current season which you can usually watch from anywhere.

Thanks! I was able to find some of the more recent seasons but it looks like the earlier ones aren't anywhere to be found. Shame.

I'll give you 2012 but 2011 might be the worst series of any BB I've seen.

I just really like Aaron (the winner) my first favorite housemate to actually win. but yea I agree..

I`m a big BB fan watching BBAU for the first time and I really like it. The only things I'm missing are the competitions like they have in BBUS, love those :) And the AU housemates seem so much nicer than the US ones. I remember the US season before last (15 I believe) where they had the vilest most racist people in the house. The last season (16) was super boring nomination-wise, bc, other than in AU, the housemates are allowed to talk about nominations, and alliances run rampant. The house always votes together, so there are no surprises come nominations. I really really like the AU nomination system, bc they never know how many will be nominated. In the US there are only 2 nominees, and since the houseguests evict themselves there's hardly ever a surprise. I look forward to checking out the older seasons from AU :)

We don't have BB anymore in Germany, but the last few seasons weren't that good anyways. The best german season was the 5th, which lasted a whole year. They were seperated in 3 groups, rich, normal and poor (where they had to live outside, pluck chickens, chop their wood, etc.) which made for pretty interesting interactions. Don't know if they're on YT, though.

I tried BBUK once, but gave up bc I could hardly understand them, darn accent :wink: Australians are a bit better to understand, except Travis :arghh:

Yaaaas, best season!!!
Yay just saw your comment that it's the best season of all time!
Lol it is so insane. The second I start watching the guy with Tourettes enters and falls down the stairs.
Don't like how they ostracized the gay guy (forgot name). I'm feeling so sorry for him.
Lmfao at the girl who has tantrums. Imagine how the Australian public would react to her.

It'll actually be quite interesting to get your reactions if you've not watched the couple of seasons beforehand. The season does have some fantastic housemates and brilliant tasks and twists - but suffered slightly at the time for basically extending the "evil" type theme that had been running a couple of years already. It is easily though one of the better seasons of BBUK (indeed, BB Worldwide) and has quite a few notable episodes - and unusually many of them were live episodes where twists just played out perfectly.

The way they've bullied Shabaz just makes me hate them all so much :-( Except Pete, he warms my heart

Back