Votes: 6 7.2%
  • Ryan

Votes: 11 13.3%
  • Jake

Votes: 3 3.6%
  • Lawson

Votes: 18 21.7%

• Total voters
^^this!!!! In the same vein, it SHITS me when people say they accept gay people "regardless"...regardless of what!? That's like saying "there's an elephant in the room, but I'm choosing to ignore it". There shouldn't be an elephant in the room.

That shits me to no end too! So basically one accepts them "regardless" of the fact one doesn't accept them?
A fiance of my friend said he can accept gay people because it's their business, not his, just like murderers, criminals, and drug addicts are their own business.
I was like, wow - lumping gay people in with what is arguably the lowest base of society is really a compliment! Not to mention completely inaccurate and misguided. So glad you clearly don't see them as any different to the rest of society - not!

Some people. Smh.

I think the point is that Dion HASN'T mentioned it - its not even an issue. He's not being congratulated for "getting on with the gay one" but rather for doing exactly what you're advocating, not even mentioning it.

But then why must we mention it here? Why must it be commented on? I guess as a society, we are we not past the fact that a straight male can and should interact normally with a gay male. And when he does, it must be pointed out and he must be congratulated? That's a little effed up, no?

It's a little condescending and belittling of gay people, imo.

I believe all the male housemates are attractive in their own right. It's difficult to choose one.

Jason reminds me of my grandson somewhat. Dion works well with Jason and doesn't appear to mind that his now ex partner is gay (you didn't see much of that in my day). I quite like them both. Good chemistry but I know nothing would happen there.

Hup!

I bet my grandson watches every night hoping for it to happen HAHAHAHA!

I voted for Jason.

Hup!

Only one vote? What a load of old SHIT!!!
Gay men are the majority in here. They're not into effeminate dudes like Jason. He actually is cute. His personality makes him attractive. So I don't get the negative reaction towards his looks...?

Seriously, if Jason were straight they would've voted for him. Gay men, like women, have that into-him-because-we-can't-have-him complex.

Whilst this is true and it is always important to acknowledge progression in society, I think it is also backwards of us to 'congratulate' people for accepting someone (Jason, who is gay) who is different from them (in this case, Dion). The more it is talked about, the more it proves it is still an issue.

In this case, why should Dion be congratulated for treating Jason like a normal human being? Why does Dion hold that power, as if he is entitled to accept or reject people - because he is perceived as the ideal citizen/housemate? Because he is straight and male and good-looking?

I just think that, whilst it is important to point out who is inclusive and accepting of others (as a characteristic of their nature and heart), that by also just talking about it is like saying "Oh, look at Dion playing nicely over there with the queer kid. Dion is such a great guy. He is even talking to Jason, who is so gay!" Should Jason be penalised because he isn't what is deemed "the norm"? And why does Dion get rewarded and get points for interacting normally with someone in a minority?

If anything, this should not even be a talking point. Everyone should be tolerant and accepting of each other where it doesn't even need to be mentioned. And if they aren't, then we have something to discuss about that person.

Just an observation of society and its thinking, not a personal attack!
:)

From what you have discussed i can totally understand and see where you are coming from, i know what you mean, we shouldn't give excessive focus and attention to minority groups, nor should we make it such a big ordeal because that further subdivides and enhances the differences among people and groups, whereas we should just acknowledge everyone equally. So, thank you

My point of reason and pure intention for mentioning "especially Jason" in my comment was purely with no focus on Jason's sexual identity, as you can see previously i did not say anything about Jason being gay. I only mentioned Jason because Jason is Dion's partner in the BB game (Objectively with no adjective and therefore no label). For me i did not want Dion to just group off into the meat head group like Matt, Caleb and Ed last year, because he has a girlfriend on the outside world i didn't want him to isolate himself. I do admit, i made assumptions and therefore stereotyped (forgive me, I'm Human).

I was just really glad to see Dion fully immersing himself into the BB task of dancing with Jason (objectively) and this in turn really challenged and changed myself and view to see Dion in a better light, and therefore i found this to be a really attractive trait for him as a housemate in the BB house. :)

Saying that should we not immediately use the name "Jason" synonymously with the adjective "Gay"? Though BB may have made and edited that as his "story" and "identity" maybe we should challenge ourselves to look past that, especially during open discussions and forums :)

Back