Skip to main content

CBB UK 2018 - Discussion

i'm surprised at how much i am loving this series.

Totally different from previous years which concentrated on reality stars getting drunk, soap stars from another generation booking a final retirement pay mixed with an assortment of page 3 girls.

Thus far its been great, interesting conversations a couple of minor spats and the odd weirdo but its working well. India is the only one that really annoys me, Anne you know I think is very nice deep down she just comes from a different world and time.

I LOVE Malika, i expected something quite different from a Kardashian type. She is just really nice.

The superstar of this show is hands down Shane j/Courtney. I have never seen or heard of Shane/Courtney but what a legend. How proud i am that he is an Aussie.

Courtney herself is smoking hot and i say that as a very straight male. Just so impressed with the way he handles everything is so respectful of india and Anne whilst not comprimising his own beliefs or feelings. I'M so happy he is on this show and i've got to now him. He is going to be an absolute superstar.

Thanks babe!

Well I am 4 episodes in on my official binge watch day and I fucking LOVE it! It has been so long since I have seen "real" people in the BB house I forgot how wonderful it is watching people who aren't just in the house for camera time and reality notoriety. What a great mix of people!

As always I have no idea who the UK personalities are outside Mr Boyband. Stoked to see our Courtney, I fell in love with her from the first time I saw her. Being a Kardashian tragic I also recognise Malika. The housemate I like the least so far is 100% India. The fact she said she has a phobia of drag queens is such an unnecessarily nasty thing to say.

I'm surprised by the result tonight given that it's a vote to save... Honestly I can't imagine voting to keep Jonny in the house... He's by far the least interesting of the bunch...

BTW am I the only person who thinks the live show producer needs to be fired? They've been absolutely cringe worthy!

apparently the audience was told not to Boo India and were only allowed to cheer
from FB:

"Fiona Carey I was in the audience and we were told be couldn't boo, chant or be mean
1f621.png
1f621.png

Elli Heyes Fiona Carey why?

Sami Moore Fiona Carey that is disgusting
Fiona Carey Not sure....we were just told we wasn't allowed and that we could only cheer but if you notice we did cheer for India although when Johnny name was mentioned we went crazy just to make up for it and a difference was noticed"

TBH when they were nominating Johnny I thought who the hell is Johnny. He has had very little airtime.

TBH when they were nominating Johnny I thought who the hell is Johnny. He has had very little airtime.

I think he's had the least airtime out of them all... I'd love to see the voting figures... If this was the result I can only imagine how low the vote count must have been...

apparently the audience was told not to Boo India and were only allowed to cheer
from FB:

"Fiona Carey I was in the audience and we were told be couldn't boo, chant or be mean
1f621.png
1f621.png

Elli Heyes Fiona Carey why?

Sami Moore Fiona Carey that is disgusting
Fiona Carey Not sure....we were just told we wasn't allowed and that we could only cheer but if you notice we did cheer for India although when Johnny name was mentioned we went crazy just to make up for it and a difference was noticed"

The booing is overrated anyways...

I'm really starting to get tired of the Courtney/Andrew show... At least 90% of the flirting is just for the cameras...

Yes I agree,it isn't nice , but they should do the same for all the house guests if they are going to stop the booing

I agree. Especially with the theme this year, they need to provide equal treatment to the participants. India received a much 'nicer' edit for the last couple of days. I think the producers wanted her to stay in for the content.

I adore Courtney, but am also getting sick of the Andrew flirting nonsense.

The only person I really disliked was India (although Ann's opinion on some things is revoltingly outdated and bigoted).

I think they will do a couple of snap evictions to free up the house for some controversial intruders. The intelligent conversations are awesome - I hope any controversy they court is at that level, rather than the standard of previous years.

Yes I agree,it isn't nice , but they should do the same for all the house guests if they are going to stop the booing

I don't have any issues with the niceness factor... I have more of a problem with booing just for the sake of booing... That's all it is most of the time...

I agree. Especially with the theme this year, they need to provide equal treatment to the participants. India received a much 'nicer' edit for the last couple of days. I think the producers wanted her to stay in for the content.

I adore Courtney, but am also getting sick of the Andrew flirting nonsense.

The only person I really disliked was India (although Ann's opinion on some things is revoltingly outdated and bigoted).

I think they will do a couple of snap evictions to free up the house for some controversial intruders. The intelligent conversations are awesome - I hope any controversy they court is at that level, rather than the standard of previous years.

"Intruders" are absolutely unnecessary... They just need to work on better story telling...

Maybe I'm nit-picky but I think Marcus making comments like "Rachel is annoyed that a 70 year old pensioner isn't working hard enough" is completely inappropriate...

Maybe I'm nit-picky but I think Marcus making comments like "Rachel is annoyed that a 70 year old pensioner isn't working hard enough" is completely inappropriate...

Yeah that really annoyed me. Rachel was right, Ann was all headstrong about doing the task correctly but wasn't really doing her share. Quick to tell others what to do. Sure enough she is 70 and physically can't match the younger women task by task but if she can recognise her physical limitations she should just zip her lips when it comes to issuing instructions.

Yeah that really annoyed me. Rachel was right, Ann was all headstrong about doing the task correctly but wasn't really doing her share. Quick to tell others what to do. Sure enough she is 70 and physically can't match the younger women task by task but if she can recognise her physical limitations she should just zip her lips when it comes to issuing instructions.

I agree Ann is too quick to jump on everyone for not following instructions but I haven't seen her really lift a finger to take part in anything really... However I do think Rachel needs to also come down a few pegs as well... She's really becoming far to controlling in the kitchen...

That said my post was about Marcus making commentary about HM's... His job is to read the bloody time-stamp and provide a bit of background on what we're seeing... Just like Emma he's really not there to influence the viewers or hold anyone accountable for their actions...

Back