Skip to main content

Doctor Who

@oddjob The cover for The Android Invasion was one of my favourites! And when my copy became all creased and faded, I coloured in Styggron's face with a green texta... Thankfully I was able to buy a new copy off ebay years later.

@nutmeg I remember watching Whodunnit occasionally, with Jon Pertwee (I mean he was in it, I didn't watch it with him, but that would have been cool too. I bet he was a shusher).
Ha, that made me laugh out loud. I bet you're right, shusher for sure

@oddjob The cover for The Android Invasion was one of my favourites! And when my copy became all creased and faded, I coloured in Styggron's face with a green texta... Thankfully I was able to buy a new copy off ebay years later.

@nutmeg I remember watching Whodunnit occasionally, with Jon Pertwee (I mean he was in it, I didn't watch it with him, but that would have been cool too. I bet he was a shusher).

:D at the recolouring.

No I havent tried to recollect them. I have been collecting some of the other old sci-fi I read as a teen, a lot of it is on e-bay. Unfortunately second hand books stores just keep disappearing.

I think Capaldi should do a remake of The Good Life. Or maybe a remake of Whodunnit? Who knows, Oddjob, who knows as the sky above us glows and the trees shows the pose of a rose.

I'm not quite sure what role from The Good Life you imagine him in, but no Felicity Kendall, no Good Life I say.

Have you been watching Whodunnit? I can't say I rewatched any after I recommended it.

I'm not quite sure what role from The Good Life you imagine him in, but no Felicity Kendall, no Good Life I say.

Have you been watching Whodunnit? I can't say I rewatched any after I recommended it.

In the Paul Eddington role.

Yes, I watched the first five seasons of Whodunnit?. Enjoyed it all and wondered why they don't do a remake of it.

I only very vaguely remember Whodunnit, and absolutely don't remember Jon Pertwee, but if it is what I'm thinking of it was good fun. Hope I'm not mixing it up with something else, I would have tuned in when my parents watched.
Jon Pertwee hosted the show from series two onwards. It was very ITV British 70's (cheap) but it was quite entertaining.

No it was pretty retrograde humour even at the time. The way Arthur treated Olive was awful.

And Reg's friend whatever his name was - looked like a parrot that had lost most of its feathers, and yet was supposed to be the ladies man.

It was 70's Britain, there were was probably a shortage of good looking people.

I really miss the Craig Ferguson show, and his fabulous love of the Doctor.....
It was a crying shame his show ended before his great mate Capaldi became our Doctor, and I always hoped he would pop up in a cameo:(

Craig interviewed every Doctor and a lot of Karen.
Here he interviews his old band mate Capaldi when the Thick of It movie was about to screen.

Go here for all of the Doctor chats, David, Matt etc

At 4.31, awesomeness

...what I liked better were these two intros that were linked to your video once it stopped playing inumeenu lol!... cheers.

...I found this article on the Internet while browsing it... if David is happy about a female Doctor Who then who else can't be eh?... lol!... the full interview is at the end... on this website below... cheers.

https://www.buzzfeed.com/eleanorbat...ource=bbf_enau&utm_term=.jewdewM5n#.xwDDEA9V4

David Tennant Is Delighted About Jodie Whittaker's "Doctor Who" Casting

This is the only opinion that matters.

Posted on August 10, 2017, at 8:37 p.m.

Ellie Bate

Around a month ago, it was announced that Jodie Whittaker would become the 13th person (kind of) – and first woman – to play the role of the Doctor in Doctor Who.

Of course, because we can't have nice things, there was immediate backlash from people online who were unhappy with the casting.

But now we've been blessed with the only opinion that ~really~ matters. And David Tennant – who played the Tenth Doctor – could not be happier.

sub-buzz-4623-1502357753-1.jpg

"It's brilliant," he said. "I can't think of someone better to join the gang, and to be poised to take it to a whole new level."

In an interview on the Late Show on Wednesday, David revealed Jodie phoned him in a panic before the casting was announced.

sub-buzz-11598-1502357978-11.jpg

When Stephen Colbert asked if he was surprised by the backlash, David said it was to be expected when someone new takes over the role.

sub-buzz-4673-1502358416-3.jpg

Because EVEN DAVID TENNANT had to deal with backlash.

sub-buzz-12073-1502358637-1.jpg

He also said the fact Jodie is a woman won't affect the role at all.

sub-buzz-12423-1502358882-1.jpg

"The Doctor can be whatever he needs to be," he continued. "It's about finding the right performer at the right time, and that's Jodie, without a doubt."

Watch the interview in full here:

...speaking of David... some great old videos of him for you all to watch... those 'David Tennant being hilarious' videos are only 4 of over 20!... lol!... I watch another one whenever I want a quick laugh... and yes... David is STILL my #1 favourite Doctor Who of all time if you haven't noticed ;):unsure::biggrin:... cheers.

I wonder if Jodie will use her natural (Northern) accent (like Chris Eccleston did), or if she'll speak "BBC English" like David Tennant did (and she did in Broadchurch, where he used his own).

Back