Skip to main content

The Bachelor 2017

davidftw

Team LaPags!
Starting a new thread for the usual Bach discussion.

BachelorTXv2.jpg

The Bachelor Premieres 7.30 Wednesday 26 July. Fireworks Guaranteed.
Published: 16 July 2017

Matty J is ready. 22 of Australia’s most eligible and glamorous Bachelorettes are desperate for that limo door to open. And we can’t wait to see which one will sweep him off his feet.
We swooned, sighed, and cried as Matty J came so agonisingly close to winning his heart’s desire on The Bachelorette. Now, having bravely refused to close the book on true love, he begins a new chapter that will hopefully lead to the woman of his dreams.

22 stunning Bachelorettes are ready and waiting to fit the bill, and you’ll meet them with Matty when The Bachelor makes its highly anticipated return 7.30 Wednesday 26 July on TEN, continuing 7.30 the following night.

Aged between 23 and 34, these remarkable women include a police officer, a body painter, a midwife and a criminal lawyer, meaning Matty will undoubtedly have his work cut out when deciding who to offer those precious roses to.

The competition for his affection will be understandably fierce, so expect more drama, rivalries and romance than ever before.

Host Osher Günsberg is back to ensure all’s fair in love and war, helping steady the Bachelor’s nerves, announce the memorable dates, and dispense a sage word of romantic advice or two.

For Matty J, past heartbreak won’t dull a moment he feels has come at the perfect time. “More than ever I am so excited about the prospect of settling down,” he says. “Timing is such a crucial factor when it comes to making this commitment and I know wholeheartedly, there is nothing I want more.

“I feel so privileged that I have been given the opportunity to be the Bachelor. Without question, the most exciting part is the chance to meet the girl I am going to spend the rest of my life with.”

Blah, blah, blah. It's the same ol' stuff.

Good luck Matty J, break a leg, not a tooth! :tongue: May the odds (of no fame-ho's) be ever in your favour. ;)

I can't remember was he in a Bachelorette season?

He was in last years Bachelorette with Georgia (?if that was her name) - I only know that because they show it in the ads and her make up and hair is atrocious

b7ac2bd4667d6138746c4df50f3c6854

1478515675187.jpg

He is THE nicest and cutest Bachelor male or female they have managed to find/grab, so I much more watchable - and OMG Bach seems classy in comparison to all of the tacky copies/and taking relationships to the extreme in abundance in RTV.

THE 22 women who will compete for Matty J’s heart on the upcoming season of The Bachelor have been revealed.

The ladies, who range in age from 23 to 34, will attempt to woo 30-year-old Matty Johnson who appeared on season two of The Bachelorette.

The show has already been filmed and Matty J told news.com.au that his relationship with the winner is still going strong.

“I am very happy to say that I’ve found love — and that I’m very happy right now,” he said.

But the identity of the woman who captured his heart is unknown. Here are the Bachelorettes he had to choose from:

7329b9c17d8de96ae12391e599564a21

Meet the women vying for Matty J's heart on The Bachelor.Source:Channel 10

VICTORIA

• Florence — 27 — Animal-loving Dutch-born Florence always dreamt of coming to Australia

and now that she is here, she is here to stay. Confident, with a heart of gold, Florence enjoys snowboarding, cycling, running in the woods, and swimming.

• Laura-Ann — 27 — Italian-Maltese Laura-Ann is opinionated, stubborn and can hold a good argument. The talkative criminal lawyer hates awkward silences and is known to give people her world if she falls for them.

• Leah — 24 — Tomboy country girl Leah is a ball of energy and says she is known as a force to be reckoned with. The 24-year-old loves any kind of adrenaline sport, horse riding, DIY and art. Quickly bored, the architecture student is never single for long and to keep her interest, a man requires passion and a sense of adventure.

• Lisa — 24 — Down to earth and self-proclaimed “legend” Lisa lives in the moment. The 24-year-old model loves getting outdoors and being active. Lisa believes love is about accepting each another for who you are. She is looking for a kind and funny partner who loves adventure, travelling and is “just a huge babe in general”.

• Monica — 26 — Independent “pocket rocket” Monica lives life to the extreme. From working in a slaughterhouse to spontaneously packing up her car and leaving town for a random adventure, she believes you will always land on your feet if you take a chance. The 26-year-old Townsville native has never experienced romance and is looking to find a partner who wants to lead a colourful life full of adventure.

• Sharlene — 26 — Determined and competitive, Sharlene loves to be active and her hobbies including Muay Thai boxing, jazz singing and performing in musicals. The wedding planner loves her career, but wishes in her personal life that she could stop being the “token single girl at the wedding”.

• Simone — 25 — Outgoing and bubbly, Simone is easy to talk to “but you may not get a word in”. The fun-loving English girl believes her heart is her best asset. She is looking for a tall and funny partner to take her for her perfect date, enjoying fish and chips on the beach.

49801729f6a3c1db60391a13aa31c8e0

Laura-Ann, Monica, Lisa, Florence, Sharlene and Leah are all from Victoria.Source:Supplied

NEW SOUTH WALES

• Alix — 24 — Body painter Alix enjoys great banter and says that she gives a good foot massage. The 24-year-old thrillseeker is highly competitive, loves a challenge and throws herself into any new experience. Her ideal man is tall, ambitious and family focused, with a fun outlook on life.

• Elizabeth — 31 — Outgoing, strong and brutally honest, Elizabeth loves fashion and getting dressed up, just as much as she enjoys watching rugby on the couch in her underwear. The 31-year-old is looking for her best mate, someone who she can have banter with, even in their old age when looks have faded.

• Elora — 27 — World traveller and wanderlust chaser, Elora is exotic, mysterious and ready to find her king to help build her empire. The outspoken personal trainer is looking for a disciplined gentleman with a wild heart, who can prove her wrong about love. The Tahitian-born Bachelorette’s perfect date is anywhere near the ocean, enjoying quality time and simple pleasures, while talking about life dreams.

• Jennifer — 27 — Self-assured and opinionated, Jennifer is a true character. The thrillseeking marketing manager loves water sports, dirt bikes, AFL and is confident she will at the very least, make the top four.

• Laura — 30 — A down-to-earth city girl with a gypsy heart, Laura is all about being authentic. The self-confessed “big flirt” has always been a free spirit but is now looking to find her one true love.

2f3df4e082fca1d0b6e6d7f793997dd6

NSW contestantss: (L-R) Jennifer, Elora, Laura, Alix and Elizabeth. Picture: Tim Hunter.Source:News Corp Australia

QUEENSLAND

• Akoulina — 29 — Two-time Australian rhythmic gymnast champion Akoulina loves a good adventure. Immigrating from the Soviet Union at age five, she describes herself as a “breath of fresh air” whose trek to Mount Everest base camp helped shape the person she is today.

• Belinda — 34 — Love coach Belinda is passionate about romance and happiness. She enjoys transforming and healing couples’ relationships, but knows that in her own life she has been “waiting, not creating”. It is now time to focus on herself. The 34-year-old believes it is easy to fall in love, but whether you are compatible with that person is another thing altogether.

• Cobie — 30 — Excitable Cobie describes herself as a “unicorn in a girl’s body, a positive happy-go-lucky munchkin who is a bit weird and quirky”. The Queensland coal plant operator believes she has the best job in the world and is looking for someone with whom she can create memories.

• Stacey — 26 — Former 2015 Miss V8 Supercars Miss Personality recipient Stacey makes the most out of life and is passionate about being fit and healthy. The 26-yearold has had enough of rubbish relationships and is looking for someone who enjoys going on adventures, but who also makes her feel appreciated and cared for.

• Tara — 27 — Animated and confident, Tara is attracted to people with great personalities. Her friends describe her as “refreshing”, as she is always 100% herself. The 27-year-old nanny is a decent cook who loves her food and is “not afraid to voice her fire” if people are closed-minded.

7de1b0d196c78a60a0038be40dd09760

Queensland Bachelor contestants: Stacey, Akoulina, Belinda, Cobie and Tara. Picture: Mark Cranitch.Source:News Corp Australia

WESTERN AUSTRALIA

• Elise — 29 — Adventure lover Elise prides herself on always aiming to be the best she can be. The former Australian hockey player loves water sports, training with friends and ran the New York Marathon last year.

• Sian — 23 — Opinionated, impatient and brutally honest, Sian wears the pants in a relationship. The 23-year-old is looking for a considerate older man with integrity, who is ready to explore the world with her. The retail assistant is happiest when she is sleeping, dancing or eating and loves nothing more than to make people laugh.

• Stephanie — 23 — Outrageous and sassy, Stephanie is an adrenaline junkie with a wild side. The gas and oil safety administrator lives by the mantra to live and learn, and she is looking for a man with a vibrant personality.

a4fab7b5507f80de55f45d7350ec3c6a

The ladies will battle it out for Matty J’s heart. Picture: @ten_insider/InstagramSource:Instagram

SOUTH AUSTRALIA

• Michelle — 31 — Honest, caring and self-deprecating, Michelle appreciates the simple things that life has to offer. The 31-year-old is passionate about her job as a police officer but bad timing has meant she has not yet found her one true love.

• Natalie — 26 — Loud and eccentric, Natalie loves connecting with people but she does not suffer fools. This party-girl is happiest when out with a group of her friends, but is looking for that special someone.

1ded8780c0dfc8c0b9161790657c2d43

Michelle Paxton and Natalie Holmberg are from South Australia.Source:Supplied

Source

Urgh, Matty J deserves better than this! O_O:laugh:

Can't believe they found a Kim Kardashian clone. :hilarious:

THE 22 women who will compete for Matty J’s heart on the upcoming season of The Bachelor have been revealed.

The ladies, who range in age from 23 to 34, will attempt to woo 30-year-old Matty Johnson who appeared on season two of The Bachelorette.

The show has already been filmed and Matty J told news.com.au that his relationship with the winner is still going strong.

“I am very happy to say that I’ve found love — and that I’m very happy right now,” he said.

But the identity of the woman who captured his heart is unknown. Here are the Bachelorettes he had to choose from:

7329b9c17d8de96ae12391e599564a21

Meet the women vying for Matty J's heart on The Bachelor.Source:Channel 10

VICTORIA

• Florence — 27 — Animal-loving Dutch-born Florence always dreamt of coming to Australia

and now that she is here, she is here to stay. Confident, with a heart of gold, Florence enjoys snowboarding, cycling, running in the woods, and swimming.

• Laura-Ann — 27 — Italian-Maltese Laura-Ann is opinionated, stubborn and can hold a good argument. The talkative criminal lawyer hates awkward silences and is known to give people her world if she falls for them.

• Leah — 24 — Tomboy country girl Leah is a ball of energy and says she is known as a force to be reckoned with. The 24-year-old loves any kind of adrenaline sport, horse riding, DIY and art. Quickly bored, the architecture student is never single for long and to keep her interest, a man requires passion and a sense of adventure.

• Lisa — 24 — Down to earth and self-proclaimed “legend” Lisa lives in the moment. The 24-year-old model loves getting outdoors and being active. Lisa believes love is about accepting each another for who you are. She is looking for a kind and funny partner who loves adventure, travelling and is “just a huge babe in general”.

• Monica — 26 — Independent “pocket rocket” Monica lives life to the extreme. From working in a slaughterhouse to spontaneously packing up her car and leaving town for a random adventure, she believes you will always land on your feet if you take a chance. The 26-year-old Townsville native has never experienced romance and is looking to find a partner who wants to lead a colourful life full of adventure.

• Sharlene — 26 — Determined and competitive, Sharlene loves to be active and her hobbies including Muay Thai boxing, jazz singing and performing in musicals. The wedding planner loves her career, but wishes in her personal life that she could stop being the “token single girl at the wedding”.

• Simone — 25 — Outgoing and bubbly, Simone is easy to talk to “but you may not get a word in”. The fun-loving English girl believes her heart is her best asset. She is looking for a tall and funny partner to take her for her perfect date, enjoying fish and chips on the beach.

49801729f6a3c1db60391a13aa31c8e0

Laura-Ann, Monica, Lisa, Florence, Sharlene and Leah are all from Victoria.Source:Supplied

NEW SOUTH WALES

• Alix — 24 — Body painter Alix enjoys great banter and says that she gives a good foot massage. The 24-year-old thrillseeker is highly competitive, loves a challenge and throws herself into any new experience. Her ideal man is tall, ambitious and family focused, with a fun outlook on life.

• Elizabeth — 31 — Outgoing, strong and brutally honest, Elizabeth loves fashion and getting dressed up, just as much as she enjoys watching rugby on the couch in her underwear. The 31-year-old is looking for her best mate, someone who she can have banter with, even in their old age when looks have faded.

• Elora — 27 — World traveller and wanderlust chaser, Elora is exotic, mysterious and ready to find her king to help build her empire. The outspoken personal trainer is looking for a disciplined gentleman with a wild heart, who can prove her wrong about love. The Tahitian-born Bachelorette’s perfect date is anywhere near the ocean, enjoying quality time and simple pleasures, while talking about life dreams.

• Jennifer — 27 — Self-assured and opinionated, Jennifer is a true character. The thrillseeking marketing manager loves water sports, dirt bikes, AFL and is confident she will at the very least, make the top four.

• Laura — 30 — A down-to-earth city girl with a gypsy heart, Laura is all about being authentic. The self-confessed “big flirt” has always been a free spirit but is now looking to find her one true love.

2f3df4e082fca1d0b6e6d7f793997dd6

NSW contestantss: (L-R) Jennifer, Elora, Laura, Alix and Elizabeth. Picture: Tim Hunter.Source:News Corp Australia

QUEENSLAND

• Akoulina — 29 — Two-time Australian rhythmic gymnast champion Akoulina loves a good adventure. Immigrating from the Soviet Union at age five, she describes herself as a “breath of fresh air” whose trek to Mount Everest base camp helped shape the person she is today.

• Belinda — 34 — Love coach Belinda is passionate about romance and happiness. She enjoys transforming and healing couples’ relationships, but knows that in her own life she has been “waiting, not creating”. It is now time to focus on herself. The 34-year-old believes it is easy to fall in love, but whether you are compatible with that person is another thing altogether.

• Cobie — 30 — Excitable Cobie describes herself as a “unicorn in a girl’s body, a positive happy-go-lucky munchkin who is a bit weird and quirky”. The Queensland coal plant operator believes she has the best job in the world and is looking for someone with whom she can create memories.

• Stacey — 26 — Former 2015 Miss V8 Supercars Miss Personality recipient Stacey makes the most out of life and is passionate about being fit and healthy. The 26-yearold has had enough of rubbish relationships and is looking for someone who enjoys going on adventures, but who also makes her feel appreciated and cared for.

• Tara — 27 — Animated and confident, Tara is attracted to people with great personalities. Her friends describe her as “refreshing”, as she is always 100% herself. The 27-year-old nanny is a decent cook who loves her food and is “not afraid to voice her fire” if people are closed-minded.

7de1b0d196c78a60a0038be40dd09760

Queensland Bachelor contestants: Stacey, Akoulina, Belinda, Cobie and Tara. Picture: Mark Cranitch.Source:News Corp Australia

WESTERN AUSTRALIA

• Elise — 29 — Adventure lover Elise prides herself on always aiming to be the best she can be. The former Australian hockey player loves water sports, training with friends and ran the New York Marathon last year.

• Sian — 23 — Opinionated, impatient and brutally honest, Sian wears the pants in a relationship. The 23-year-old is looking for a considerate older man with integrity, who is ready to explore the world with her. The retail assistant is happiest when she is sleeping, dancing or eating and loves nothing more than to make people laugh.

• Stephanie — 23 — Outrageous and sassy, Stephanie is an adrenaline junkie with a wild side. The gas and oil safety administrator lives by the mantra to live and learn, and she is looking for a man with a vibrant personality.

a4fab7b5507f80de55f45d7350ec3c6a

The ladies will battle it out for Matty J’s heart. Picture: @ten_insider/InstagramSource:Instagram

SOUTH AUSTRALIA

• Michelle — 31 — Honest, caring and self-deprecating, Michelle appreciates the simple things that life has to offer. The 31-year-old is passionate about her job as a police officer but bad timing has meant she has not yet found her one true love.

• Natalie — 26 — Loud and eccentric, Natalie loves connecting with people but she does not suffer fools. This party-girl is happiest when out with a group of her friends, but is looking for that special someone.

1ded8780c0dfc8c0b9161790657c2d43

Michelle Paxton and Natalie Holmberg are from South Australia.Source:Supplied

Source

Urgh, Matty J deserves better than this! O_O:laugh:

Can't believe they found a Kim Kardashian clone. :hilarious:

Gawd, who wrote those descriptions? Absolute PR drivel

Based on exactly nothing apart from my gut instinct, he'll pick Lisa or Simone, take that to the bank. LOL

He is THE nicest and cutest Bachelor male or female they have managed to find/grab, so I much more watchable - and OMG Bach seems classy in comparison to all of the tacky copies/and taking relationships to the extreme in abundance in RTV.

I agree. I think I will enjoy this season a lot.

Tara the best looking woman.

I am surprised. I thought you would like the Skye doppelganger.

I agree. I think I will enjoy this season a lot.

I am surprised. I thought you would like the Skye doppelganger.

Well i'm obviously only basing it off their photos. I mean I could change my opinion once I start seeing some episodes.

Besides, I could never be attracted to a Skye doppelganger.

"Now, having bravely refused to close the book on true love..."

Oh, hahaha! This is going to be good. I hope he gives the non-blondes a chance.

Oh beauty, excellent trashy TV viewing tonight.....the drunk 1st party fun, fun, fun
And any girl with no listed occupation - loser. Red dresses = bad move, men generally fear red clothing
Matty seems quite classy, he speaks well, and seems reasonably refined for RTV

Have you seen in preview clips a woman has a weird cream frock with /sydney opera house hip extensions???
Bad frocks and booze and bitchin, yea

I do hope he ditches all the bleach heads, and that one very manly brunette.

It'll be interesting to see all the first meetings that the women have with Matty J. Because how they impress the bachelor during those first few moments is going to be vital in making sure they progress through the weeks.

Which Bachelorette has a kid? 'Cos the past couple of seasons indicate it'll be the MILF that gets the ring.

:dummy1::dummy:

Going to watch the meets like a hawk this time - they generally pick the winner right there and then, don't they? She did last time anyway - and she must cringe watching those clips, her awful, awful weird hair and make-up, bad frock too:)

...that Matty's family look like they're loaded!... nice house I guess?... evenin' all... yes... I'm giving this show a go as promised lol!... cheers.

Back