Skip to main content

So...Back with "revised format"?

Surely SOMEBODY can get a drone over the compound and get video of how run-down it looks now ? ;) ;)

Looking at the house and seeing the exterior and the Frankenstein mess it has become annoys me for some reason.

we should get jetpacks, fly over to dream world, and use super duper vacuum cleaners to get the house back into tip top shape.

Channel 10 will probably be going into receivership based on this story regarding the future of the "BBL" cricket league.

http://www.espncricinfo.com/australia/content/story/1103196.html

RIP any chance of BB appearing on Channel 10..

What do you mean? Nine came out of a similar situation and the first thing they did was buy up programs they thought would bring in ad revenue... New ownership at Channel 10 "could" bring back renewed interest in BB in some form or another... I'm not saying it "will" but I believe the potential is there...

@Kingston is 100% accurate. Network Ten isn't the first Australian television network to face this struggle. The others survived via this tactic, so it is promising Ten will also. Who knows, maybe this is a good thing for Big Brother... :)

What do you mean? Nine came out of a similar situation and the first thing they did was buy up programs they thought would bring in ad revenue... New ownership at Channel 10 "could" bring back renewed interest in BB in some form or another... I'm not saying it "will" but I believe the potential is there...

Ahh okay, my understanding was that they were seriously suffering and may struggle to purchase rights/set up a show like BB so i'm glad for some more insight :) Does this mean that it could bring a breathe of fresh air with other people making/influencing decisions?

Ahh okay, my understanding was that they were seriously suffering and may struggle to purchase rights/set up a show like BB so i'm glad for some more insight :) Does this mean that it could bring a breathe of fresh air with other people making/influencing decisions?

I have no idea what you are talking about... All I've said is that a change in ownership (which is likely going to happen at some point given the currently situation they are in) at Channel 10 has the "potential" to bring renewed interest in BB... Crazier things have happened... That said I'd be happy to discuss what that should look like from a fan perspective but it is much too early to speculate further...

@Kingston is 100% accurate. Network Ten isn't the first Australian television network to face this struggle. The others survived via this tactic, so it is promising Ten will also. Who knows, maybe this is a good thing for Big Brother... :)

"Maybe" being the key word there... At this point ANYTHING is possible but at the same time I wouldn't count my blessings before they've hatched...

I have no idea what you are talking about... All I've said is that a change in ownership (which is likely going to happen at some point given the currently situation they are in) at Channel 10 has the "potential" to bring renewed interest in BB... Crazier things have happened... That said I'd be happy to discuss what that should look like from a fan perspective but it is much too early to speculate further...

Basically what you summarised above. What i meant was the change of ownership might allow new decisions to be made about a possible revival (I wasn't sure if they could afford to as i don't know how much BBAU costs to run - albeit alongside other programs). But like you said it's a bit to early to speculate without any further information

I think you are going to be proven wrong when it eventually comes back. These types of shows always do.

In 18 years of BB in 54 countries it's still very rare to see a country revive the show after a second cancellation or hiatus... I believe Germany is the only country so far to have hit that milestone... That said the last revival ran for only one series before it was axed...

As a side note I consider "Promi Big Brother" to be a separate and distinct format in Germany so when I referred to versions in that country it's only in terms of the civilian BB...

Back