Skip to main content

If you could bring 3 Tv shows Back From the dead.....

Columbo

Never again
What would they be and why?

Mine would be:

1) Letters and Numbers. Great game show that was cruelly put to rest due to SBS and their obsession with boring cooking shows.

2) Sale of The Century. Another great game show.

3) Press Gang. For maybe like a reunion show?

...oh wow!... so many choices to choose from... my top three would be...

(1) Big Brother: because that's why this website exists after all... (not to mention being able to talk to so many nice people on here)...

(2) Torchwood: Steve Moffatt and his cronies had no right to just abandon it in the first place... it was a brilliant show...

(3) Hogans Heroes: because it was so completely ridiculous that it is just pure fun to watch... they had perfect casting for the show too... I still watch it every night on Foxtel even to this day... it's like MASH... I've seen the shows over and over so many times that I can sometimes mouth the words in the script as they say it too... yeah I know... I need to get a life eh?... lol!... cheers.

...oh wow!... so many choices to choose from... my top three would be...

(1) Big Brother: because that's why this website exists after all... (not to mention being able to talk to so many nice people on here)...

(2) Torchwood: Steve Moffatt and his cronies had no right to just abandon it in the first place... it was a brilliant show...

(3) Hogans Heroes: because it was so completely ridiculous that it is just pure fun to watch... they had perfect casting for the show too... I still watch it every night on Foxtel even to this day... it's like MASH... I've seen the shows over and over so many times that I can sometimes mouth the words in the script as they say it too... yeah I know... I need to get a life eh?... lol!... cheers.

Didn't the main actor off Hogans Heroes get murdered?

Didn't the main actor off Hogans Heroes get murdered?

...sadly there is only Robert Clary that played Louie Le Beau that is still alive now at 91 years old but an updated cast could swing it I imagine... the show's ridiculous premise was the winner in the day... it would be interesting to see what they could come up with today as a weekly series to emulate it I imagine... then that begs the question... would people like their old favourite shows like 'Get Smart/Gilligan's island' etc recast for a reprisal with an updated cast as a weekly show nowadays?... I know that the 'Get Smart' movie that was made a few years ago with Steve Carell as 'Maxwell Smart' was a major flop as well as Nicole Kidman's 'Bewitched' movie but I enjoyed the remake of 'The Man From Uncle' in movie form with Henry Cavill playing Napolean Solo a few years back so maybe there is hope... here is a list of the original cast of 'Hogans Heroes' and of when... sadly... they died... cheers.

2017-05-02_18-26-17.jpg

Yes, Bob Crane (Col. Robert Hogan) was murdered and it's still unsolved.
He married Sigrid Valdis, who played Hilda, the first? secretary of Col. Klink.

...that's right... he did too... when you see them flirting with each other when he went to Col Klink's office you can actually see the chemistry between them at times... no wonder they got married lol!... jeez I love that show... it's just so silly and inane but so much fun too... cheers.

I think Big Brother is a given - it is what brought us all here.
My other two would be
1. Parks and Recreation
2. West Wing
A bit of a theme here, can you tell my work is government related? Haha.

If it was like the last season, then not Big Brother.

Hannibal
Blunt Talk
And if the new Star Trek is as faithless to the original premise as the most recent iterations were, than another Star Trek that will keep the faith.

Veronica Mars
LOST

Okay, something serious too.. maybe the Uplate Game Show with Hotdogs?

The Amazing Race Australia was a very good version.

Big Brother Australia, yes, though the last one wasn't that good, and I'd still prefer it with a bigger budget as it was on the previous channel, with better presenter too.

Back