Skip to main content

BB Canada 2017

Sindy Nguyen is no brainer, was a good competitor, she looks rather different in that photo.

Gary has had two chances already. Now we have to put up with his shtick again.

Talia was funny. They could bring Tim back. Joey was one of the stronger women who went early. Jillian would be much preferable to Emmett, please NO Emmett.

And none of those ersatz 'mastermind' people who they feed us DRs of non-stop, I can do without seeing any of them ever again. It's bad enough when the US version does it, and then the Canadian one just copies it.

Gary has had two chances already. Now we have to put up with his shtick again.

He's there because of people like you who think he's unworthy... I think out of any one in that cast he's one of the only people there with something to prove... I'm honestly looking forward to seeing him and not just because I'm a fanboy...

So excited for all these returnees to play. Really loved the casting for the vets, maybe with the exception of Dallas as i'd much rather Tim or Mitch, and the house is looking phenomenal. Really interested to see how the newbies handle a house with half returnees.

I can't say I'm sold on the house this year... There's just something about this house that I don't care for... I think now more than ever the house feels recycled... The theme this year also feels very bland and cheap looking... Just look at the two pictures below they are almost exact mirror images of each other...

21a466b56907.jpg

Big-Brother-Canada-4-house-photos-7.jpg

Budget cuts? Or maybe it's really difficult to get the necessary vehicles into the house to do an extensive redesign?

Here's the house tour with Arisa... Gotta say it looks much better on camera than it did yesterday but still looks very recycled...

Budget cuts? Or maybe it's really difficult to get the necessary vehicles into the house to do an extensive redesign?

If anything it's budget... BBCAN has done a lot more in the past to have the house look and feel different despite keeping the same layout...

If anything it's budget... BBCAN has done a lot more in the past to have the house look and feel different despite keeping the same layout...

It's a shame. I only caught bits and pieces of the last season, but I really enjoy the BBUS/Canada formats and it'd be a shame to lose one of them if it's becoming less and less logistically viable for their network. At least they're (hopefully only) sacrificing house design over other things in their budget -- it would suck if this is a sign of more cut corners to come.

love the side eye and dark looks between Sindy and Ika, Neda and Gary ... Neda asking Bruno which season he was from (left a huge impression there!) ... "Red" (Jackie) is a bit overwhelmed by the returnees I think ... I liked Emma from her intro but didnt see much of her after she entered the house ... (although as my dear mum would say "I could just about see what she had for breakfast - that dress was that short!" lol

think there would be a few big bruises on Neda and Kevin after their tumbles ??? wtf did Kevin's teammate think he was doing

and talking of tumbles why do women wear such high stilleto heels when they know they will be climbing up and down flights of stairs _ almost lost Dre to the broken ankle brigade and she looked to be on level ground ...

Cant wait to see the first disry room rants by Cass, Ika and Neda

Interesting to see if Sindy and Gary DO team up ... theirs seemed to be the only whisper shown ...

Can we get subtitles for the FrenchCanadian when hes talking fast? and did he really say he thinks he's better than non-FrenchCanadians? he does know Canada gets to vote at some point right?

going to be interesting to see how the voting goes and how the returnees manage to get the obvious target off their backs

Happy for the winner(s) of the HOH and wonder if the final 4 in that first comp might make an alliance even though they'd been throwing some shade when they first entered the house

Sindy was a competition beast in her series - they need to remember that

Maybe we're just familar enough with the layout now they don't get away with it so much, though usually they do one or two things which are noticeable (changing the stairs, adding the vault etc.). This year the biggest change is moving the Have Not door so it's at right angles to the Diary Room rather than next to it.

It does look a gimmicky house, like they tend to do in the UK version now.

Not a fan of Kevin, I hope they don't get him in the DR all the time for 'mastermind' speeches.

Gary was saved till last like he was the big star, Cassandra was the most recent so I think it should have been her last.

It was a standard HoH competition but nice to see Sindy start well again. Also good they showed the end of it, rather leaving the end to the next episode like is the usual annoying producer tactic.

The idea of mixing vets and newbies just doesn't work when you involve the public vote. They are just copying the US way of doing this mix, but it really isn't a good idea. Better to make it Allstars or a whole new cast.

I remember Gary, Cassandra and Dallas, that's about it. I think Gary is quite funny. Dallas isn't a bad guy just has to learn to control that temper/mouth. Be interested to see if Cassandra has learned to cook or will go with the I'm a precious princess and need to be served deal again. They served her last time. ;)

So Gary starts off being his usual annoying self, prancing around and giving a DR on 'acceptance'. Then he ups it a notch and turns on the bitch in himself and tries to screw Sindy over. What an idiot, glad he didn't win before and hope he never wins.

Karen is entertaining at least, though she was wrong I think about potential showmance people being someone you target straight away. But challenge beasts, yes. And Sindy did great to lead her away from the vets, not that that idiot Gary would ever appreciate that, what a tit he is. But that idiot talking about 'big brother playbook' to not stir. The naming of nominees is kind of stupid, 'please show me my first nominee' lol.

Yes I sure get tired of the same repetitive speech for POV and Nominations ceremonies

Did you catch Jon, Bobby, Mitch, Ramsey, Pila, Godfrey and Sarah in the audience for eviction? Wonder what Jon's reaction to the latest news was.

Ika running true to form ... talking straight over the top of Sindy ... getting right up to her and telling her You don't talk for me Nobody talks for me. You always talk too much... the newbies are wary of getting on the wrong side of Ika already ... you cant win through fear though. Cassandra already working the meat shield strategy and not only relying on the Returners working together to deflect the voting ...covering her bases from the get go.

Karen will take no prisoners ... she's not hero worshipping previous players like Jackie tends to do ... they didnt win for a reason - she's right ... and she knows their weaknesses and their game ... I like that shes so frank with people ... just hope she can work it and stay longer than week 2

She definitely wont get suckered into Cassandras (previous) games - cant wait to see how Cass manages that

Not seeing much of Emma or Dallas as yet ... or Dre for that matter. There was a definite split in the Returners voting ... strategy - so its not obvious they are teaming together to knock off the newbies before all hell breaks loose amongst them?? I dont think Sindy and Ika can hold out that long - there is going to be some explosions in there

I think showmance people are a decent target ... even a one vote advantage is dangerous ... but shes definitely right to go after strength and brains.

I think there will be some serious brown nosing towards the one with Immunity ... given their rep in the game and now immunity through to jury ... they are going to have to play an even smarter game so they are not targetted the minute the immunity is gone.

Interesting Ika and Sindy were sitting together for the announcement ... you would have though Ika would avoid Sindy but it has obviously blown over (for now)

Ika is like the equivalent of Da'Vonne last time, an idiot though I suppose there could be entertainment value for a while. Lasts too long though and an irritant. But even before that Gary stormed off, and he will be full of the diva tantrums as well.

There will be more public votes no doubt, so it's not inconceivable that Neda (if still popular) could benefit later too. I think the producers were expecting Gary to get that immunity with the big entrance he got. Public support could put a target on someone, but equally it wouldn't surprise me if some wanted to ally with them too, till near the end.

Back