Skip to main content

jessy_girl's junk food jamboree

Eww gross, I dislike chips altogether, but can tolerate exceptionally crunchie gourmet ones, some french fries maybe.
Mum used to make nice shaved round fried spud things, much nicer than chips.

Soggy chips - WTF. Like KFC are inedible soggy mush.

My new junk food, the yummy pop corns around. Organic sweet & sour are my new best friend.

Gurl you crazy, KFC chips are actually the best!

Posted this in reepys thread but would love any feedback xx

I am trying to inspire my Boss to Cook some Fancy Burgers (Home Made)

These are the ones I think can work

Beef
Chicken
Vegan (Beans etc)
Fish
Egg and Bacon

Salad served is just Lettuce and Tomato - but I thought of an add list, with plus cost

Caramilised Onion
Good Quality Cheddar Cheese
Carrot & Beetroot & Cucumber
Egg
Bacon .....

am I missing anything?

Oh and I reckon I want to try thinly sliced potato and sweet potato chips
and Onion Rings

What do you guys reckon?

Yep, I'm the same, the only type of chip I don't like is undercooked. Some of the best chips I've had have been soggy!

KFC chips are, 8 times out of 10 times undercooked. They have gone downhill. Like totally downhill. Not happy Jan.

Posted this in reepys thread but would love any feedback xx

I am trying to inspire my Boss to Cook some Fancy Burgers (Home Made)

These are the ones I think can work

Beef
Chicken
Vegan (Beans etc)
Fish
Egg and Bacon

Salad served is just Lettuce and Tomato - but I thought of an add list, with plus cost

Caramilised Onion
Good Quality Cheddar Cheese
Carrot & Beetroot & Cucumber
Egg
Bacon .....

am I missing anything?

Oh and I reckon I want to try thinly sliced potato and sweet potato chips
and Onion Rings

What do you guys reckon?

Well a decent burger really depends on the protein and the bun. The rest is just fluff. If those 2 things aren't spot on, no caramelised onion or beetroot will save it.

Gourmet burgers are huge right now so getting a good recipe will be paramount. For beef.. good mince with a 20% ratio will make the best flavour. Only add salt & pepper to the meat. Never add breadcrumbs or eggs in a pattie mix. Let the meat speak for itself. Sweet potato fries, onion rings are on trend right now but no-one will ever go past a proper decent plain potato chip. Twice fried are the best.. and in lard. Most people cook in oil but once you've done them in lard... omg!

I think you should go for it hooley! Who doesn't love a good burger!!

I am eating 20g of carbs max a day right now but the other weekend we had a cheat day and went out for pizza and omfg... this is the closest to proper deep dish pizza i've ever had. It was insanely good.

IMG_2496.JPG

@hooleydooley check out the facebook group called "The Fatties burger appreciation society"

It is a closed group but they are what I would call the burger experts. They can be a bit wanky but if you just focus on the burgers then it will give you a good indication of what people are into and what they are willing to pay :)

Sugar.
Its all about the amount of sugar in the bun.
And the meat. You baste/marinate meat and grill fry or bbq your meat for caramelisation.
And heavy wristy shakes of salt.
If you are gonna be bad, be bad with the occasional treat.
All the diets. All the physiological studies.
Cholesterol for example is still a great unknown.
I just wish spurlock would have granted us a more dedicated approach and an extended time sample.

i want to be bad alll the time lol
Dayum-Five-Guys-Reaction.gif

Sugar.
Its all about the amount of sugar in the bun.
And the meat. You baste/marinate meat and grill fry or bbq your meat for caramelisation.
And heavy wristy shakes of salt.
If you are gonna be bad, be bad with the occasional treat.
All the diets. All the physiological studies.
Cholesterol for example is still a great unknown.
I just wish spurlock would have granted us a more dedicated approach and an extended time sample.

Cholesterol isn't as unknown as it used to be. Two types of cholesterol vessels, HDL and LDL. HDL is good, LDL is bad, however, the size of the LDL is what's important, not the total LDL. The smaller the LDL particles the worse it is as it builds up and causes plaque. You can diminish small LDL by eating a low carb high fat diet.

Butter makes your pants falls off :woot:

p.s. sugar is BAD! Best burger bun to have is a brioche as it's made from lots of butter which makes it a lot better than your average milk bun or regular run of the mill burger bun.

Cholesterol isn't as unknown as it used to be. Two types of cholesterol vessels, HDL and LDL. HDL is good, LDL is bad, however, the size of the LDL is what's important, not the total LDL. The smaller the LDL particles the worse it is as it builds up and causes plaque. You can diminish small LDL by eating a low carb high fat diet.

p.s. sugar is BAD! Best burger bun to have is a brioche as it's made from lots of butter which makes it a lot better than your average milk bun or regular run of the mill burger bun.
Agree with all that. But its unknown to the population at large.
I see people whipping out spectacles at supermarkets to check for the ingredient information.
That are still wrongly and underhandedly specified.
And would mean little to the average shopper without the knowledge.
75% fat free!
That kind of generic blatant statement has more presence.
Even though its an often misguiding statement of fact.
Whooops. Not anti-junk thread. I love it when in the mood.
A few years ago I had a sour dough burger from Jack-in=the=box in Hawaii.
I walked out with a literal greasy smile. Proper flame grilled.
I was ecstatic. But I was also on holiday mode so that might have enhanced the experience.:thumbsup:

Well a decent burger really depends on the protein and the bun. The rest is just fluff. If those 2 things aren't spot on, no caramelised onion or beetroot will save it.

Gourmet burgers are huge right now so getting a good recipe will be paramount. For beef.. good mince with a 20% ratio will make the best flavour. Only add salt & pepper to the meat. Never add breadcrumbs or eggs in a pattie mix. Let the meat speak for itself. Sweet potato fries, onion rings are on trend right now but no-one will ever go past a proper decent plain potato chip. Twice fried are the best.. and in lard. Most people cook in oil but once you've done them in lard... omg!

I think you should go for it hooley! Who doesn't love a good burger!!
:)

I meant to say a 20% fat ratio. Whoops!

Yes I got your ratio ;) when reading your post :)

@hooleydooley check out the facebook group called "The Fatties burger appreciation society"

It is a closed group but they are what I would call the burger experts. They can be a bit wanky but if you just focus on the burgers then it will give you a good indication of what people are into and what they are willing to pay :)

Thanks I will check it out

Those brioche buns are the best! I was buying them for ages at Woolies - but now cannot find :( I will look up a receipe to make my own. Butter RULES :)

Agree with all that. But its unknown to the population at large.
I see people whipping out spectacles at supermarkets to check for the ingredient information.
That are still wrongly and underhandedly specified.
And would mean little to the average shopper without the knowledge.
75% fat free!
That kind of generic blatant statement has more presence.
Even though its an often misguiding statement of fact.
Whooops. Not anti-junk thread. I love it when in the mood.
A few years ago I had a sour dough burger from Jack-in=the=box in Hawaii.
I walked out with a literal greasy smile. Proper flame grilled.
I was ecstatic. But I was also on holiday mode so that might have enhanced the experience.:thumbsup:

Yep, I hear ya. My rule of thumb is... if it says fat free, it's loaded with sugar and if it's got more than 5 ingredients, it's not real food. After living an extremely high carb/sugar lifestyle for most of my adult life I began to feel just ill all the time. Since i've cut all processed food, sugar and starchy carbs & grains out I cannot believe the difference. First I did it to lose weight but the best thing that happened was my lethargy, my depression, it just all went. I now have more energy, my mind feels clearer and I don't have that heavy foggy feeling. The weight loss is just a bonus now.

I still have my junk food, but I go bunless. Every now & then i'll have a brioche because like brioche....

I do miss chips though.. so they are now a once a month treat.

Talking of chips... Hungry Jacks have changed their fries to thicker chips. Honestly, they are freaking amazeballs. Damn you Hungry Jacks.

Back