Skip to main content

Big Brother US 2015: #BBTakeover premieres Jun 24th

But @Kingston, weren't you able to watch the Quebec version? And don't you currently watch the Canadian version? I imagine the Latino one would be similar to that.

The Quebec version of BB was "based" on the US version but followed a very different format... And NO I'm not talking about Loft Story which in itself was a licensed version of the original BB but was slightly different... I don't speak French so and the French channel that carried isn't offered in western Canada... No I'm not currently watching BB Canada... I think I've pretty much given up on it as a matter of fact... It really has nothing new to offer anymore IMO and may as well be a second series of BBUS for all that they've delivered this season... It's all rather bland...

What I got from that is that you are a non-French speaker from western Canada (Vancouver, perhaps?). This is again confirming that the original format is better than the U.S. format. That we can agree on. Why Australia is doing a celebrity version is beyond me. (Ratings, I'm sure, is the reason.)

Coming back to the topic at hand, which has become the U.S. Latino version, either:

A) Gran Hermano will take place in the U.S. BB House at Studio Center, but at a later time than the U.S. version.
B) A different house will be built for Gran Hermano, thus allowing it to run concurrently with the U.S. English-speaking version.

What I got from that is that you are a non-French speaker from western Canada (Vancouver, perhaps?). This is again confirming that the original format is better than the U.S. format. That we can agree on. Why Australia is doing a celebrity version is beyond me. (Ratings, I'm sure, is the reason.)

Coming back to the topic at hand, which has become the U.S. Latino version, either:

A) Gran Hermano will take place in the U.S. BB House at Studio Center, but at a later time than the U.S. version.
B) A different house will be built for Gran Hermano, thus allowing it to run concurrently with the U.S. English-speaking version.

I do NOT live in Vancouver!! I live in the heart of western Canada...

I'm not saying that either format is better... If you bothered to read anything I've posted I think you'd know that... That said I prefer BBUK when it's done well... Even then when it's not done well there are at least some interesting ideas that come out of it from time to time...

I'm not so sure "Gran Hermano" will be filmed in the BBUS house... I mean it would make sense having it in California later in the year but given the fact that most viewers would still watch BBUS from time to time means that the house would require a revamp before it launched and then again before BBUS starts... The article really doesn't talk about whether or not the Grodner is involved and to be honest she's got enough on her plate that I doubt she'd take on another massive project like a second BB... Using the same house would require at least a middle man between the two production houses... That in itself would be a lot of work...

This quote intrigues me a bit...

It sounds like this will be "based" on the US format but will likely deviate from the rigid HoH/PoV structure slightly... At least one can hope... This also makes me wish I spoke Spanish so that I could check it out...
They quote about it providing over 100 hours of content too so I do wonder if it might be daily as otherwise it would be 30-40 hours, although the equivalent of Big Brother After Dark could make up the hours I suppose.

That's why I added "perhaps".

If you really want to know I live in Calgary but I grew up by the tree in Edmonton...

My parents are actually the Duke and Dutchess of Calgary... And the Prince and Princess of Canada are my cousins... Just in case you thought my custom title was just a joke...

I thought Endemol just rented out the soundstage.

Where are you getting this info? Big Brother is filmed at CBS Studio Center which is owned by CBS... The original house on the lot was demolished to make way for a new CBS office building... It was decided then that the BB house was moving to the stage vacated by the recently cancelled Yes Dear... It was also said that the original house was actually only intended to be a temporary structure and was constructed using multiple double wide modular trailers...

That's why I said I "thought". It's not completely unreasonable. American Gladiators taped at Studio Center (back when it was CBS/MTM Studios) for many years, but the show itself wasn't owned or broadcast on the CBS network. (Also, Dancing with the Stars and American Idol, shows on ABC and Fox respectively, are taped at CBS Television City!)

Now, the BBUS house is located at Studio Center, and is shown on CBS. However, the show itself is not distributed by CBS (there's no CBS Television Studios logo at the end of the show, only Fly on the Wall and Endemol). Therefore, it may be possible that the BBUS house at Studio Center can be quickly remodeled and revamped for GHUS (with a relatively low turnaround time).

I seriously doubt CBS would share the BB House with a rival network.

Plenty of other networks use facilities at Studio City so it actually wouldn't be that far fetched to suggest that they may use the same house... Also with Telemundo being a Spanish language network they aren't in direct competition with CBS...

Plenty of other networks use facilities at Studio City so it actually wouldn't be that far fetched to suggest that they may use the same house... Also with Telemundo being a Spanish language network they aren't in direct competition with CBS...

You're using ellipses again, and ultimately you've conceded my point.

God I hope a mod comes and cleans this thread up.

Any idea if this next season will have newbies or returning players?

@DigitalCorp do you want to see returning players or newbies? I have not seen all the seasons.... Actually I've only seen the last 2 so I am hoping its newbies again this year.

And please for the love of good, can we get a nice house design this year, last year's tree house looked good on paper but I thought execution was bad.

I'm just here to talk about BBUSA, sadly the other people posting in this thread right now are more concerned to see who has the biggest dick by posting gifts... Yawn... Been done before in much more appropriate thteads.

June 24th is the start date... Looks like it will be overlapping with BBUK.... Sigh... It's going to be hard to choose between the 2.

Pick the US one, it's cleaner. Personally, I'd like to see new players (although bringing in some international players would be fun, too).

Back