Skip to main content

CBB UK daily thread

Timelord

I'm a Country Member
Well somebody had to... If only to post this gem.
Julian Clary, who I love, being introduced to, um, "The Situation"...
"Ooh, this is a mystery! What's your function?"
BWAHAHAHAHA!
The reply?
"What's 'function' mean?"
:D

I haven't watched the launch yet, hoping to start tomorrow. I'm looking forward to Julian Clary the most, I remember my brother and I used to watch his show back in the 90s.

Julie seems good value. She raised her son on her own as her husband took of for Australia 2 weeks after he was born? as a £10 pom and her or her son hasnt seen him since

Last edited:
I'm a bit behind, just got done watching the launch. How hot is martin kemp? Did he and julian not buy julie and cheryls display at all?

The way in which Jasmine is being treated inside and outside the house is interesting. I don't know much about her except some commentary on an affair/not an affair (it is not clear) wit h Simon Cowell. If true , yuk! If not, how sensible! However, this seems to dog her in people's minds and the commentators on the follow up to BB seem very antgonistic to her. The argument between her and Danica is an interesting comment on selective memory. Jasmine only commented more robustly on Danica - echoing the same ideas expressed by that pretentiously named whoever...what is his name ...selection, something! Anyway, i hope she is not evicted as the story has a way to run.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've just read back and love the comment above re The Selection and Julian Clary. JC is a great addition to the house - he is thoughtful, gave the best reason for nominating (The Selection because of his questionable attitude towards women), kind and honest. He 'says it as it is' quietly and considerately.

Jasmine is a raging narcissist. Gaslighting. Triangulation. Faux apologies. Crocodile tears. Rages.

Possibly ou are right Cpwie. However, I notice that everything she said about the R/A relationship is now being taken up by otherhousemates , and D...moving on to the Prince? (How do you get to be a prince ? etc) I'm just intersted in how jasmine' comments (as unpalatable as they were) are now being replicated by other housemates as soon as the ydo not have to be assoicated with her. I have real problems with Collew\en. her sister could not hold her tongue in the interview with Julie's husband and seemed a somewhat nasty person (rolled in honey) person too.

Well somebody had to... If only to post this gem.
Julian Clary, who I love, being introduced to, um, "The Situation"...
"Ooh, this is a mystery! What's your function?"
BWAHAHAHAHA!
The reply?
"What's 'function' mean?"
:D

I love Julian's humour he is now calling The Situation....The occassional table....

I have watched every episode, I don't think Julian is being stimulated enough by the other housemates, his dry sense of humour and his innuendo's are just going over their heads.

I cannot believe how Danica is playing The Situation and Prince Lorenzo, as much as Jasmine caused controversy she was spot on with Danica and Rhian. I cannot believe how hard The Situation has fallen for Danica, he is like a love sick puppy, and the judo bloke is just as bad with Rhian.

It will be interesting to see what happens now that Jasmine's mum is going into the house as a celebrity psychic intruder, while having an ear piece in with Jasmine feeding her lines on what to say.

I also love watching Julian, have been a fan of his for quite a few years. Such a shame that Cheryl was evicted this early, she seemed like a very genuine person and I have no interest in watching the two models who seem quite hard and fake personalities to me. As abrasive as Jasmine was, and I wouldn't like to get on the wrong side of her, I actually thought she was on the money with some of her observations. I'll be interested to watch if her mother is going in to the house.

I'm surprised, I was sure The Prince would go... Oh well.

On a related issue, something I've always wondered but never thought to ask. Does anyone understand why the voting system is SO BLOODY COMPLICATED?

Surely the voting lines are just registering the number of calls they receive, and therefore votes for the person given that number. Why is there a different number to call from either a mobile or a landline? What difference could it make to the number that's being called what kind of phone is calling it? It's so tedious them calling out all the terms and conditions and call rates and blah blah blah...

Has anyone ever been in the UK and phoned up to vote? Is it a lengthy process or just a "thanks for voting for X"?

The T&Cs are ridiculous and a result of various phone in scandals back in 2007 where television companies screwed themselves by failing to stand up for themselves and seemingly accepting responsibility for everything - so if the mobile companies failed to deliver your vote the TV company still accepted the blame.

Ironically though the mobile companies continued to rip-off people by adding their own charges to premium rate lines (hence the "mobile votes will cost considerably more" tagline), but this year these new short codes have been introduced so calls from mobiles will cost the same as from a landline - but why the mobile companies couldn't just guarantee not to charge more than the 50p or so for people calling the regular lines I don't know, especially as now anyone calling the landline number on a mobile will get a free message advising them to call the shortcode instead.

I'm surprisingly enjoying this Celebrity series. Probably because there's an abundance of older people. I was so sick of the young group pack mentalities that dominated the regular BBs that it turned me off. I really enjoyed the "Majority Rules" game the other day. Thought it was interesting to see who voted what on what question and how quickly they did it.

It's obvious that Julie is playing this charade of "I love everyone" when it's so obvious that she doesn't and I'm a fan of Colleen for being able to see right through it.

Also Ashley is so immature for someone who is 23. I can't believe he is the same age as me. He acts like a spoilt little teenage boy who didn't get what he wanted from Rhian so he's giving her the third degree and so the onus is on her to talk to him. The whole showmance storyline is really tedious to me. They're only in there for 2-3 weeks and they act like they honestly think they can fall in love with one another. It's just so nauseating.

I don't know why people thought Jasmine was horrible. The woman was slightly demented but she actually spoke a lot of sense. How can anyone sit there and can say that what Danica does for a living is perfectly fine? When she realised what Danica said about losing her mother, Jasmine left the issue of "Aren't your parents ashamed of you?" alone and she sincerely apologised. It wasn't like Jasmine was this cold hearted bitch.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok nevermind, after watching the last episode, I think less of Jasmine.

She had a real cheek saying what Danica does is disgusting IMO. Sure enough it's not a job I'd be proud to tell people my daughter does but it is what it is however I'd be mortified if my daughter was mainly in the media for bad behaviour and shagging married men. Having married men buy you gifts is skanky, shagging married men is DISGUSTING.

And as for grizzing at being nominated so she could return to her son and complaining she hasn't had a break for three years FFS motherhood isn't something you get a break from!

She's obviously mentally unstable.

I'm surprisingly enjoying this series also.

Loving Mike, it's like an old friend to keep me happy. Aside from Julian and Julie I don't recognize any of the others. Ashley is so hot for a shrimp.

The oldies definitely provide an awesome balance.

I wish BBAU had the daily tasks like CBBUK do. They're good fun!

Yeah they're good little tasks. Often they'll give them to them but not always show them in the highlights it's just like backup footage. They NEED that for BBAU

The Situation and Ashley are such pussies! Good grief. Mistaking lust for love like stupid little schoolboys and crying because the girls won't kiss them. Ridiculous.

Ashley is particularly immature, yes, but worse than that he's just dumb. What a THICKO!

and they're mooning over a whore and a topless model... come on boys, those girls are a dime a dozen in the outside world.

Back